Pros and Cons for Brett this Season ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing as it has just become obvious since the draft that we are becoming a Good Defensive Team and this seems to be our focus, I am curious to see what you members think will be the specific Pros and Cons for Brett this season. Any Opinions ?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pros

-Solid Offensive Line
-Creative Scheme
-BIG targets for him
-A running game to help

Cons

-Still force some bad throws
-Legs a tad slower
-Adjusting to new coaches

That is how I see it. Favre will ALWAYS force the ball. That is what makes him Brett Favre. And as usual, it will win us some games, and bite us in the butt some games. Favre really didnt want new coaches, a new scheme, etc. But times are changing, the sherman era was getting us nowhere. We brought in these coaches who are bringin in a new line scheme, who are labeled as 'creative,' and we have a trio of good RBs, and 1, if not 2 or 3 will definitely step up. However I WILL say\predict there will be eventual growing pains with the new coaches. There will be a time in a game where we go "Why did he do that?" "What was that about?" That comes with the territory of a rookie coach. But with the talent TT is trying to surround us with on defense, and now the offense...it is looking pretty good.

Favre will be Favre...its whats around Favre that can help him, and the packers win.

So far so good.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see too many pros for Brett (based on his perspective/wishes). This team is probably about 1-2 seasons from being able to really break out (although I think they could flirt w/ the playoffs this year). Like trom said...new scheme, lots of new wrs and o-linemen will lead to more growing pains.

For the record, in spite of what he said, I don't see him retiring next year if this team turns it around and makes the playoffs...in which case I'd say there are a lot of pros involved.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I don't see too many pros for Brett (based on his perspective/wishes). This team is probably about 1-2 seasons from being able to really break out (although I think they could flirt w/ the playoffs this year). Like trom said...new scheme, lots of new wrs and o-linemen will lead to more growing pains.

For the record, in spite of what he said, I don't see him retiring next year if this team turns it around and makes the playoffs...in which case I'd say there are a lot of pros involved.

Agreed. I am keeping my fingers crossed so I can see Brett play next year in Dallas for his "final" season. At least I am pretty sure they are coming to Dallas next year..??

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:

I see alot of pros. Most of them are on the defense but Brett understands that a great D will help the O and the team in general. He is a coach's son and just wants to win. The moves so far will help the Pack win and that's what's really important. Brett never threw the ball much in high school because of his dad's offense, but he won. I think that's all he wants. I WOULD love to see one more weapon added on offense. What would it take to get Jerry Porter from Oakland.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great insight Trom and 66.

Do you two love each other now?

Let me add two to your pros and cons.

Pro

The new "D" is going to give him better field position than he had last year.

Con

The new "D" is not going to give Brett's O Line much time to catch their breath on the side lines.

With the "D" that the Pack have now the key contributor to this years success will be the kicking game.

I am hoping the kid joining the team from the Blue Bombers will make a big impact punting in the NFL

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pros

-Solid Offensive Line
-Creative Scheme
-BIG targets for him
-A running game to help

Where is this solid offensive line gonna come from..eh???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:
Pros

-Solid Offensive Line
-Creative Scheme
-BIG targets for him
-A running game to help

Where is this solid offensive line gonna come from..eh???

Clifton - LT
Colledge - LG
Wells - C (you may not like him, but Philbin does, and i trust him over you)
RG - ????? Barry? Spitz?
RT - Tauscher

Rg is the only real question mark on the line now, and there is 4 months till september.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and Whitticker at RG as well maybe, since he played there almost all last year as a rookie, and while he wasnt great, he wasnt the worst on that offensive line.

He had a hell of a learning experience being thrown into the fire like that, so hopefully he is better because of it.

SO

RG - Barry? Spitz? Whitticker?

yeah.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hoping the kid joining the team from the Blue Bombers will make a big impact punting in the NFL

Being that I am from the Bombers home town, the one thing I can tell you is he is used to more cold weather than Green Bay will provide and this is a good thing :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts