Props to the Safeties...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Going into the preseason and even a couple of weeks ago.. they seemed like the area of potential collapse on the Pack's D... week one and they played solid... came up on the run and made a couple of sticks.... helped keep Westbrook in check by making him run East and West some..

Bigby looks like a player... and Collins looks to maybe have turned that sophmore corner and will continue to grow.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been begging for years for a safety that can get over to help on a deep pass down the sideline. FINALLY we see Bigby out ther breaking some of that up. Manuel or Roman before him very rarely got over for any help.

I also thought Bush stayed stride for stride very well down the other side. They definately should have given him several game balls yesterday.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I agree Bush had a heck of a game.. so did Williams in limited spot duty.. the catch to Curtis was a very well thrown ball.. one of the best passes I have ever yes ever seen McBadd throw..

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting comments guys!

Wayne and Larry commented that (unlike last year at this stage) the DBs all seemed on the same page. Can anyone tell me who is QB of the Defense this year, please?

Chris

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the safties did a great job. That goes for every one covering on the defensive side of the ball. McNabb was throwing the ball excellent for the most part IMO yesterday.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The secondary looked really strong yesterday. Philly owned them last year, and they've actually improved their talent on O. I don't think that Bigby missed a single assignment, and Collins and Harris had near-picks.

Guys were disappearing from McNabb, and if they keep that up we could see alot of takeaways this season.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wayne and Larry commented that (unlike last year at this stage) the DBs all seemed on the same page. Can anyone tell me who is QB of the Defense this year, please?

Chris

I could be wrong, but isn't Barnett the signal caller on defense.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the safties did a great job. That goes for every one covering on the defensive side of the ball. McNabb was throwing the ball excellent for the most part IMO yesterday.

Not to mention scrambling and moving through the pocket like a greased ferret... Normally coverage breaks down when a QB creates that much extra time, but the DBs stuck to them all day, evidenced by all those throws where McNabb could only go to the checkdown.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true. Also a couple other times I forgot to mention...But it was just kind of freak things. Like the one play where I forget who it was, maybe Barnett fell down. I think there were a couple times where a player just tripped or fell.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
ChrisC said:

Chris

Correct.. and I believe Collins is handling the secondary alignments and shifts by default.... no other choice.. you need one of the two deep cats to call out shifts in coverages when needed.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChrisC said:

Chris

I actually thought it was Bigby's job/formerly Manuel's (which is why **** got blown apart last year)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
skibum55 said:
ChrisC said:

Chris

Correct.. and Collins is handling the secondary alignments and shifts by default.... no other choice.. you need one of the two deep cats to call out shifts in coverages when needed.

whoops. I stand corrected. Manuel's suckitude just spread so heavily, and he wasn't even calling the shifts! If there was a pro bowl for ******** over your team's scheme, he'd be a lock.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
skibum55 said:
ChrisC said:

Chris

Correct.. and Collins is handling the secondary alignments and shifts by default.... no other choice.. you need one of the two deep cats to call out shifts in coverages when needed.

whoops. I stand corrected. Manuel's suckitude just spread so heavily, and he wasn't even calling the shifts! If there was a pro bowl for ******** over your team's scheme, he'd be a lock.

Barnett called out the signals last year as well.... but if memory is correct Manuel was adjusting the shifts in coverage.. hence some of the issue between Harris/Woodson and Manuel you heard this camp... Mostly I think Woody and Harris make there own reads in the schemes and don't need much direction...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed with Bigby. He was FLYING around(like a spider monkey) on special teams, and I recall one play where Bush was getting beat in 1-on-1 deep, and out of nowhere Bigby shows up right next to the WR. The ball was overthrown, but if it wasn't, Bigby woulda had some type of play on it.

The defense is nasty, and Collins and Bigby WILL hurt people this year, I just hope it's not any type of serious injury.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed with Bigby. He was FLYING around(like a spider monkey) on special teams, and I recall one play where Bush was getting beat in 1-on-1 deep, and out of nowhere Bigby shows up right next to the WR. The ball was overthrown, but if it wasn't, Bigby woulda had some type of play on it.

The defense is nasty, and Collins and Bigby WILL hurt people this year, I just hope it's not any type of serious injury.

I saw that play, too, and thought to myself "Wow. I miss Manuel as much as I miss Carrol."

FYI that's a negative amount of missing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts