Props to Pack Fans

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I've been reading this site for a long time, been a heckuva contributor but since the season ended I slowed down a lot. A big reason was because the negative users were dominating the board with their sheer ignorance. It was tearing this place down. There still a few of them, but I'm glad to see fans coming around and stepping up to the jerks.

Props to you for finding the positives and not being afraid to speak out for your team!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been reading this site for a long time, been a heckuva contributor but since the season ended I slowed down a lot. A big reason was because the negative users were dominating the board with their sheer ignorance. It was tearing this place down. There still a few of them, but I'm glad to see fans coming around and stepping up to the jerks.

Props to you for finding the positives and not being afraid to speak out for your team!

I stopped posting here mid-season due to the fact this place was resembling a TT Circle Jerk with the Thompson lovers taking turns sitting in the middle with their mouths open. I started coming back here a bit hoping things may be different. Sadly, it seems nothing much has changed since then.

Being critical of TT does not make me a "jerk" or any less a Packer fan than you. In fact, it shows I care about where the team is headed this season and into the future. You seem to think that it means I hate the Packers altogether; a train of thought that makes no logical sense nor basis in reality. I can like the team and disapprove of Thompson. I don't see why you feel that is so negative.

IF you had a child that started smoking crack, does it mean you are ignorant if you criticize this behaviour? Would you support him unconditionally and 'see where it leads'?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

couldn't agree more zero...this is the reason why any post from me is rare these days. A person can be critical of the Pack and still be a fan, but what are the chances of them doing "nothing" right? Some of these people have posted nothing but negative comment after negative comment...it's gotten old and like I said, I won't be coming around as much on this forum as I had in the past.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I stopped posting here mid-season due to the fact this place was resembling a TT Circle Jerk with the Thompson lovers taking turns sitting in the middle with their mouths open. I started coming back here a bit hoping things may be different. Sadly, it seems nothing much has changed since then.

Being critical of TT does not make me a "jerk" or any less a Packer fan than you. In fact, it shows I care about where the team is headed this season and into the future. You seem to think that it means I hate the Packers altogether; a train of thought that makes no logical sense nor basis in reality. I can like the team and disapprove of Thompson. I don't see why you feel that is so negative.

IF you had a child that started smoking crack, does it mean you are ignorant if you criticize this behaviour? Would you support him unconditionally and 'see where it leads'?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley
And us asking for a chance to see if the guy can make the Packers better, without just screaming for his head doesn't make us "jerks", or as you put it "this place was resembling a TT Circle Jerk with the Thompson lovers taking turns sitting in the middle with their mouths open." I am offended by that. I don't "love" tt, i just believe you should have some evidence that he's destroying the team before you call for his head. This is ONLY his 3rd draft, which we haven't seen the results, good or bad yet. I don't think there is a GM alive that could have magically turned the Packers into something better then the 8-8 they were last season.
But i guess some think the guy should be able to walk on water. All i have asked for was an honest chance. NO person could have made them better in that short of a time. Ron Wolf didn't. The team stunk because of the previous tenants, and he is stuck with the renovation.
Even if you name WHO you think could have done better, fact is, it's just speculation, no guarentees.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is ONLY his 3rd draft, which we haven't seen the results, good or bad yet.

Actually, look at Green Bay's 2004 defensive starters. I think it's pretty safe to say we've improved there already. At least I'm comfortable saying I like our defense now about 100% more than this 2004 D.

LE - Aaron Kampman
DT - Grady Jackson
DT - Cletidus Hunt
RE - KGB
SAM - Hannibal Navies
MIKE - Nick Barnett
WILL - Nail Diggs
CB - Ahmad Carroll
CB - Al Harris
NB - Michael Hawthorne
SS - Mark Roman
FS - Darren Sharper

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Actually, look at Green Bay's 2004 defensive starters. I think it's pretty safe to say we've improved there already. At least I'm comfortable saying I like our defense now about 100% more than this 2004 D.

LE - Aaron Kampman
DT - Grady Jackson
DT - Cletidus Hunt
RE - KGB
SAM - Hannibal Navies
MIKE - Nick Barnett
WILL - Nail Diggs
CB - Ahmad Carroll
CB - Al Harris
NB - Michael Hawthorne
SS - Mark Roman
FS - Darren Sharper
I like the way the D is improving too! I actually meant that we haven't seen the results from THIS years draft. They haven't played yet! :thumbsup:
But i think some are writting off this years draft already, just because it wasn't "flashy" enough for them.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:
cheesey said:

LE - Aaron Kampman
DT - Grady Jackson
DT - Cletidus Hunt
RE - KGB
SAM - Hannibal Navies
MIKE - Nick Barnett
WILL - Nail Diggs
CB - Ahmad Carroll
CB - Al Harris
NB - Michael Hawthorne
SS - Mark Roman
FS - Darren Sharper
I like the way the D is improving too! I actually meant that we haven't seen the results from THIS years draft. They haven't played yet! :thumbsup:
But i think some are writting off this years draft already, just because it wasn't "flashy" enough for them.

You won't get an argument out of me that the D has improved, three phases to a team. Offense and Special Teams. Past two years we have been dead last in special teams. And our offense is nowhere near the same unit.

When Sherman was here, we had a above average to dominant O, and a below average D. Now those roles are reversed, and that is the contention most have.

You have to have balance on this team... point blank... you cannot expect a consistant winner without a balance... from offense to defense ... from youth to veterans with leadership and experience. We are hopefully heading that direction... time will tell. Sherman couldn't get it done, will Thompson be able too?

This is Ted's third draft here, the same amount that Sherman was afforded (2001 offseason Wolf was still here) ... so this should be a telling year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also want to see improvement to the O. And i think we may see that. I'm not counting it out yet. There IS still time before the season starts, and just MAYBE Ted's picks might pan out.
The special teams have been AWFUL though. I hope some of the newbies can jump start that area.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I also want to see improvement to the O. And i think we may see that. I'm not counting it out yet. There IS still time before the season starts, and just MAYBE Ted's picks might pan out.
The special teams have been AWFUL though. I hope some of the newbies can jump start that area.

Wow... we don't have the same opinions and didn't blast each other... novel idea :)

Upmost respects there Cheesey... :thumbsup:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree.... three phases.

i think TT has improved 2 definetly, and still has time to improve the offense.

however... im not that worried about the offense. If any of our TEs step up, and a WR steps up.. we will be fine. Just like if you bring in a FA for tons of money... you still have to HOPE for production there is no guarentee.

I think if our D plays as well as i envision and the special teams unit is a focus this year... i think our offense will be fine like it is... with young talent.

Pack93z

Reaction score

however... im not that worried about the offense. If any of our TEs step up, and a WR steps up.. we will be fine. Just like if you bring in a FA for tons of money... you still have to HOPE for production there is no guarentee.

I think if our D plays as well as i envision and the special teams unit is a focus this year... i think our offense will be fine like it is... with young talent.

So our line was consistent with young talent last year? We can lineup any of the players on the roster and play ball. No doubt, but can they be consistant and be called upon on a critical third down? We don't know....

They have yet to prove it at this level.. that is all I am saying. Will the WR be where he is suppose to be, run the route correct and the timing be correct? Will the rookie RB read and pick up the blitz. That is my major concern with the lack of experience and proven production.

But can they lineup and play ball... without a doubt :)

Not tearing apart Ted, the theme is youth and forcing them into the lineup. Nothing more. :) We seen it fail with Sherman time and time again...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Wow... we don't have the same opinions and didn't blast each other... novel idea :)

Upmost respects there Cheesey... :thumbsup:
LOLOL!!! Same back at ya my friend!
People CAN disagree without personal attacks........well........SOME can!LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

So our line was consistent with young talent last year? We can lineup any of the players on the roster and play ball. No doubt, but can they be consistant and be called upon on a critical third down? We don't know....

They have yet to prove it at this level.. that is all I am saying. Will the WR be where he is suppose to be, run the route correct and the timing be correct? Will the rookie RB read and pick up the blitz. That is my major concern with the lack of experience and proven production.

But can they lineup and play ball... without a doubt :)

Not tearing apart Ted, the theme is youth and forcing them into the lineup. Nothing more. :) We seen it fail with Sherman time and time again...

i know and we are able to leave it at that... we dont know.. no facts for next year can possibly be stated.

but i disagree... i can hardly call anything Sherman ever did a youth movement. I think thats the ultimate qualifier for the first year of Thompsons era.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stopped posting here mid-season due to the fact this place was resembling a TT Circle Jerk with the Thompson lovers taking turns sitting in the middle with their mouths open.

This is from an educated man like Anubis. Please someone tell me why statements like this are necessary in here!

Anubis, I respect your posts even though I don't agree with them, but I don't insult the anti TT people like this. What gives you the right?

Pack93z

Reaction score
but i disagree... i can hardly call anything Sherman ever did a youth movement. I think thats the ultimate qualifier for the first year of Thompsons era.

I am refering to the Carroll experiment... add in Lenon... James Lee.. and every other plan B player added to the wr core. Fergie included.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT...therein lies the problem. To agree with TT is to be a "TT ***-kisser" whose hobbie is to sit, mouth open, in the center of a TT circle jerk.

The anti TT crowd...and I have no problem with them seeing things differently than I.....are so fervent in their hate for TT that is spills over to anyone who dares to disagree with them. No matter how well you articulate your position (typically numerous times because they cannot, or will not, understand how anyone can disagree with them) select few are there to begin the name calling, or to simply state that you are ignorant/stupid for you beliefs.

Anubis is but the most recent example of someone who gets all puffy chested in the protected anonymity of the internet. Such a joy to read!!

Pack93z

Reaction score
No matter how well you articulate your position (typically numerous times because they cannot, or will not, understand how anyone can disagree with them) select few are there to begin the name calling, or to simply state that you are ignorant/stupid for you beliefs.

Both sides can be guilty of this... every story or stat has multiple points of reference and it is somehow magically valid for the poster at the time.

The only way I see this ending is for us to start winning more than we lose. Otherwise around and around we will go.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
No matter how well you articulate your position (typically numerous times because they cannot, or will not, understand how anyone can disagree with them) select few are there to begin the name calling, or to simply state that you are ignorant/stupid for you beliefs.

Both sides can be guilty of this... every story or stat has multiple points of reference and it is somehow magically valid for the poster at the time.

The only way I see this ending is for us to start winning more than we lose. Otherwise around and around we will go.

Or maybe we could all just repect other like dignified human beings.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
digsthepack said:

Or maybe we could all just repect other like dignified human beings.

100 percent agreed. :thumbsup:

Pack93z

Reaction score
Are we all gonna start to make out?

Cuz im down for that.

You scare me :rotflmao: But here is someone to start with :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

couldn't agree more zero...this is the reason why any post from me is rare these days. A person can be critical of the Pack and still be a fan, but what are the chances of them doing "nothing" right? Some of these people have posted nothing but negative comment after negative comment...it's gotten old and like I said, I won't be coming around as much on this forum as I had in the past.

I hear ya. I don't mind a good ole heated debate now and then, but when the majority of the threads you enter are negative context it gets very old and discouraging to read further.

Members online