1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Prom

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by uwbadger12000, Feb 14, 2006.

1. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Find out if she would be willing to watch the draft instead of the prom (if they had been the same day). If not then no reason to ask her anyhow :lol:

Good luck!

(j/k - Heather, you know that right?? :wink: )

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm sorry for what you are going through UW! I lost my Dad when i was 16.

Now, here's what happened to me...........i had a friend, she was really nice to me. I wanted SO bad to ask her out.........and i finally got the guts up to ask her. Things were never the same..........she told me she didn't feel the same, and from then on she wouldn't even talk to me. And she had shared VERY personal things with me.
    So, what i'm saying is, be prepared either way. But i say GO for it! Or you will kick yourself for not knowing! And if someone beats you too it, you REALLY will be mad at yourself! I say, go with the straight forward approach. Then theres NO doubt if she's interested in you or not.
    Let us know whay happens!

3. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know.

I don't know.

4. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hopefully, Kelsey (her name) won't be friends with me because if that happened to me.

5. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Everybody's given great advice for you. Let me add a warning though. If you have the intentions of this being a "date" or turning into a relationship, you might want to make that clear up front. You don't want to be all into it and have her think it's just a "friend" thing.

Hopefully you'll get lucky and she'll ask whether or not ya'll are going as friends. Otherwise you're gonna have to straight up tell her that you want to be more than just friends and that prom can be the start of this.

6. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its okay PacknSteel, I would rather watch the draft then go to prom anyways,,,,LOL,,,

Its always hard to ask someone for a date for fear of rejection, but go for it Badger!!! Just be yourself you cant go wrong with that...if she says no, shes not the right one for you...but dont ever give up...

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    When i got BLASTED out of the water, it hurt, but i'm glad i knew. The funny thing was, about 5 years later i saw her and her husband (this guy was more in love with HIMSELF then HER!) he paid NO attention to her........she came up to me, kissed me, and said "The spark is still there!" and winked at me! Well, i was engaged at the time, and i just smiled and walked away! (PAYBACK!) She saw what she lost! HER loss! :wink:

Good luck with Kelsey! And do what Mattressell said! Be up front with your intentions, so there's NO doubt for her!

8. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You HAVE to let us know the outcome, ok?

10. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    YES PLEASE!

11. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I will when I ask her. As of right now, I have not asked her yet.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Get on the BALL man!!! If you wait too long, someone else might beat you too it!!! Then you REALLY will kick yourself!

13. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    okay. I'll ask her when I get the chance.

14. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeh and if u get denied oh well life goes on

15. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah. I know chances are that she'll probably say no because I know I'm not the hottest looking guy around, not to mention I am not smart at all, while Kelsey gets 4.0's.

16. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    ahhh..the defeatist attitude! screw that badger...Kelsey wants to be asked to the prom, you're helping her out by offering to take her.

think about it that way and have some self-confidence dude. the funny thing is she's probably nervous about NOT getting asked...so do her a favor and handle it buddy :wink:.

17. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Kelsey is an extremely good dancer. I do know that about her.

I don't about what you said arrow about her nervous about not getting asked, but I'll take your word for it.

18. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    You might be surprised, to me girls look at personality mostly and these days a cute butt...do you have one of those? Just kidding,,LOL,,,I myself always looked at their smile and then their personality...I was a cheerleader and pom pon girl in high school and was asked out by lots of jocks, but always said no..they spent to much more time then me looking at themselves in the mirror...lol...I liked the down to earth types myself...

Let us know what happens,,,good luck

19. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I personally think I have a good personality myself. One of the things I do have going in my favor is that I have a great sense of humor.

20. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    See those things are the most important, and if she cant see those great qualities in you then she isnt the one for you,,,then you have to find a girl that appreciates those qualities,,,I surely would....

21. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Hay, I want to be a watergirl,,,lol

22. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think that is a great point. I think she doesn't have a boyfriend right now, either.

BTW, you guys can call me Jonathon if you'd like if you don't feel like calling me badger.

23. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to meet you Jonathon,,,,

Hope it works out for you,,,I would ask her soon ...and again if it dont work out its not the end of the world....then it wasnt meant to be...you will find a great girl that loves you for who you are inside....thats the most important...

24. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I am planning on asking her within the next week or two. If I get a good chance, then I will.

25. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is true. Its ok to maybe wait a little bit, but not too long, go for it!

Ya gotta have confidence when you go to ask though man! I'm no expert here, but I think everyones given you some great advice. Good luck.