Profootball talks says favre is returning

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LORD FAVRE IS COMING BACK

Although there's been no official announcement, we've been told that Packers quarterback Brett Favre has informed the team that he'll be returning for the 2006 season.

The move means that the Packers almost certainly will not take a quarterback with the fifth overall pick in the draft. Previously, we'd heard that the team would potentially be interested in selecting Matt Leinart, if Favre were to walk away.

Since 2002, the question of whether Favre would or wouldn't retire has been the subject of rampant and regular scrutiny. His return for 2006 means that, barring an unequivocal statement before, during, or after the coming season, we'll get to spend another 12 months or so periodically addressing the same, old, tired issue.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they weren't gossiping about it all the time it would not be an issue.
Now they say is is a old tired issue. Who made it that way?

The press loves it. It sells.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett makes some good news that for sure, but if he wouldnt be the QB that he is people wouldnt talk so its a good thing...Brett has fans all over the united states and other countries...

I hope this statement comes true, hoping that Brett returns..:)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we take Leinart if he retired, yet pass on Leinart if he returns? Does TT think that Favre can be our QB of the future?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack, I thought the same thing. Favre is playing one, maybe two more years tops so if you like Leinart, take him. This is nothing more than speculation IMO.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they think we like Leinart, because we are covering all of our bases....we're one of a few teams whose scouting department tries to evaluate every player who might be at our pick....anyways this method gives u a good evaluation of the player and confusion by other teams of who you are interested in....I hope the report is right and Favre comes back....granted I read on Scout.com we signed a qb from the Colts practice squad...(aka their 3rd qb, since they only kept 2 on their roster)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offical word yet. I wouldn't get your hopes up yet.. I hope he comes back but I rather here this from a main media source in Green Bay or national.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing is official. these people say TT was thinking about Leinart now? What happened to Young?

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
nothing is official. these people say TT was thinking about Leinart now? What happened to Young?

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

A good GM evaluates every option he possibly can.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lonewolf said:
Is Rodgers just camp fodder, then? I was under the impression he was still on the roster. Why would TT draft another 1st round QB? Just wondering...

He wouldn't.

IMO, PFT is accurate maybe 60% of the time (for the most part, they are far more accurate than any other "rumour" page I have read). However, I don't believe for a minute that TT would draft Leinart when we drafted a QB last season who has yet to start a regular season game. Especially when there is next to no chance that Leinart would fare any better that A-Rod at the professional level. If TT were to make a boneheaded move like that, I would personally apologize to P@ck66 and join the "Tar 'n' Feather TT" jeering squad. :p

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lonewolf said:
Is Rodgers just camp fodder, then? I was under the impression he was still on the roster. Why would TT draft another 1st round QB? Just wondering...

If you have Kobe on your team you don't pass on someone you think is the next Jordan.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
lonewolf said:

If you have Kobe on your team you don't pass on someone you think is the next Jordan.

Yea, I'll go along with that. Just wondering if another team is interested in Rodgers enough to offer a draft pick. That might open up possibilities for TT.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
lonewolf said:

The difference is, you could put Kobe and Jordan II in the lineup at the same time. That is not the case at QB.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
route25 said:
Zero2Cool said:
lonewolf said:

The difference is, you could put Kobe and Jordan II in the lineup at the same time. That is not the case at QB.

Don't get technical, you get the point.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Super Mario or Hawk would go a lot further to taking us to another SB run than Leinart would. The best offense is a good defense. Remember the Ravens in Super Bowl XXXV??? Is sure as hell wasn't Dilfer who won them that title!

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
route25 said:
Zero2Cool said:
lonewolf said:

Don't get technical, you get the point.

What's technical about that? My point is that it doesn't make sense to draft a QB on the first round 2 years in a row, because only one of them can be your starting quarterback. The other will sit on the bench, which is not where you want a recent 1st round draft choice.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or you can...trade him?!

GASP!

A 3rd option!?

could there even be a 4th?!

I dare not even try, I just blew my mind and will need 4 tylenols to get back to normal.

hehehe,jk!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
or you can...trade him?!

Taking another QB in the first round at #5 only to trade him later makes absolutely no sense to me. If another team wants Leinart or Young and they are still available when the Pack's turn comes up, they will make a deal with them at that time. Otherwise, we have a top 5 pick of ANYONE out of the draft in the first round. Considering the holes we need to fill, I think that TT should concentrate on filling them with positions we need, rather than wasting a 1st round pick on someone we don't.

Leinart (or Young) may develop into a better QB than A-Rod, but unless you can predict the future, we have no idea how ANY of them will make out in the NFL. To repeat for the 100th time, A-Rod has yet to start in a regular season NFL game. Until he is given a chance, I hope TT will concentrate on drafting other potential playmakers to fill the holes we have on both offense AND defense (corners, O-line, receivers, etc.).

I wonder what would happen if we drafted Leinart AND Favre decided to give it another go. Will you (once again) be discussing drafting a QB to replace Favre for the 3rd straight pre-season?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talking about a-rod, who isnt NFL ready yet

im not for getting a QB, im just saying there are more options than just A and B.

:) :bye:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I was talking about a-rod, who isnt NFL ready yet

A rookie QB generally needs 2-3 seasons to develop once he hits the NFL. Leinart would fare no better. If we are worried about a QB, TT should focus on signing an experiences FA as a backup.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
depends on the QB.

I am hearing Cutler is probably the most NFL ready(yet not the most talented) of them all.

Members online

Latest posts