Probowl CB Sam Madison released

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw that and thought the same thing. But how much does he have left at 31? Can he be converted to safety if the wheels have a little wear on them?

All I know, the FA market will be flooded....driving prices down for some very solid players.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Madison will draw top dollar next to Charles Woodson on the free agent market

My suggestion is San Diego's (and Wisconsin's) Jamar Fletcher...settled in as a nickelback, played solid, and will probably take the starting job from Ahmad Caroll if signed. Keep in mind a young Al Harris was once a 'solid nickelback' while playing in Philly--I thought Fletcher had great talent coming out of college, maybe he just didn't settle in yet...would be a good signing, not greatly expensive either

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are multiple reasons that Madison was cut -- one of them being his diminishing skills. I would not touch Woodson with a pole.

You are letting the Badger fan take over for you on the Fletcher idea -- no way he could beat Carroll out -- he (Fletcher) is a soft tackler and gets burned too frequently. He should be settled in at nickel and dime packages, because that is the limit of his ability -- at best.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
You are letting the Badger fan take over for you on the Fletcher idea -- no way he could beat Carroll out -- he (Fletcher) is a soft tackler and gets burned too frequently. He should be settled in at nickel and dime packages, because that is the limit of his ability -- at best.

You may be right on a bunch of those points, but there's no inner-badger fan taking over from this poster. I just said wisconsin to garner board support

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sounds good kind of old but good and a presence in the locke room would bring these young guys up right to be leaders

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts