Pro Football Weekly on Darren Sharper

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris has not played like sh*t for the past three years. McKenzie, as much as I hope he rots in NO, did not play like sh*t for the past three years. Darren Sharper did not play like sh*t for the past three years (only the last one). This is a truly bad post even for you chase. I still don't see how you can wish a guy playing for the Queens luck. I don't want to see them hurt, but I hope they all have terrible seasons.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Al Harris has not played like sh*t for the past three years. McKenzie, as much as I hope he rots in NO, did not play like sh*t for the past three years. Darren Sharper did not play like sh*t for the past three years (only the last one). This is a truly bad post even for you chase. I still don't see how you can wish a guy playing for the Queens luck. I don't want to see them hurt, but I hope they all have terrible seasons.

Best of Luck to Darren Sharper, Mike McKenzie, Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle with their new teams.

All good players that I have enjoyed watching play in Green Bay.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Or you are completely off base and delusional about the true capabilities of our secondary or our entire D for that matter. The knowledge I have is based on their past stats.

The problem is that you're focusing on one year and colouring the other guys with the play of Mark Roman under Slowik and his merry band of idiots (used courtesy of digsthepack). Go back and look at Roman's play during the preseason and even the first game or two of the season and you'll see he wasn't anywhere near as bad as he was toward the end. I don't know if his true colours showed at the end of the season or at the beginning of the season, but I don't think he's as bad as he looked last year.

I think the one thing we agree on is that we have to wait and see. I will remind you of one thing though, Jim Bates does not accept mediocre play and will chew these guys out if they do the kind of crap they did last year. Bates I'm sure would agree with the following:

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly pursue perfection, knowing full well that we will not catch it, because in our pursuit of perfection, we will achieve excellence." - Vince.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching them play in GB too, but, seeing as how they all play in the NFC for different teams than the Packers, I can't help, as a Packer fan, wishing that they have poor seasons. To wish anything else is just counterintiuitive to me.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Who are you guys calling Chase? WTF is the deal with this Chase?

Steel Wheels, is our old "friend" Chase/King Kamali/Kid Zazz etc. from the NC forum who has been predicting the downfall of the Packers for the past few years.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Go back and look at Roman's play during the preseason and even the first game or two of the season and you'll see he wasn't anywhere near as bad as he was toward the end. I don't know if his true colours showed at the end of the season or at the beginning of the season, but I don't think he's as bad as he looked last year.

Mark Roman is a Bengal reject. What other GM would have signed Roman besides the inexperienced and incompetent Mike Sherman?

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Counterintuitive? Awwww, c'mon TOP....that is six syllables..no need to flex your big ol' lawyer brain on us all. My brain hurts just from reading that word...

Now, as far as former players and my regards for them. Well, hope they all play well and earn their money, except when they meet the Packers. That said, if a former player leaves a big **** stain all over the team and its fans preceeding and/or upon departure, I might not have that same warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Please refer to Mike McKenzie...a favorite of mine until he acted like the jerk that he showed me he is. :puke:

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Please refer to Mike McKenzie...a favorite of mine until he acted like the jerk that he showed me he is. :puke:

Gee DTP, I'm sure Mike McKenzie cares what you think....LMAO.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chase...only you could pursue that course of thought...fully circular. You raise the subject of perceived hostility towards former players, and when I waste my time to attempt to clarify things for you, you come up with that playground crap. I am quite sure MM could give a **** what you, I or anyone else thinks...

You are truly an embarrassment who does nothing but create your own arguements so you can puff your little pigeon chest, hoping to feel a little bigger and better than your tattered self-esteem will afford in the real world...real world being somewhere other than the internet.

Good night, and don't forget to make sure mommy turns the nightlight on after she tucks you in tonight.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Chase...only you could pursue that course of thought...fully circular. You raise the subject of perceived hostility towards former players, and when I waste my time to attempt to clarify things for you, you come up with that playground crap. I am quite sure MM could give a **** what you, I or anyone else thinks...

You are truly an embarrassment who does nothing but create your own arguements so you can puff your little pigeon chest, hoping to feel a little bigger and better than your tattered self-esteem will afford in the real world...real world being somewhere other than the internet.

Good night, and don't forget to make sure mommy turns the nightlight on after she tucks you in tonight.

The sarcastic insults have arrived. The true digsthepack emerges.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sharper scored a 25, not bad, but not on par with what I'd expect from a w&m grad

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Who are you guys calling Chase? WTF is the deal with this Chase?

Apparently typing SW is too hard to type for those who know his alter ego names.

Would be nice if ppl just referred to others as their name registered on here though. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Defense requires new leadership. I don't think Mr. Sharper was a good leader.
Who did he mentor?

He simply is not worth the 8.5 million Packer contract figure for 05.

So many post without considering the Salary Cap!!!!

The Packers made a fair offer but he signed with the you know whos for about one million more.

The Packers have said nothing negative about Mr. Sharper.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
He simply is not worth the 8.5 million Packer contract figure for 05.

So many post without considering the Salary Cap!!!!

You're right, I completely overlooked the $$$. Sharper at 2-3 mil/year sounds a lot different than Sharper at 8.5 mil (or whatever his cap # would have been).

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Economics plays an equal role to talent when considering retaining a player.....which is why Darren Sharper is no longer here. Good player, still may have something to give a team....but clearly his best days are behind him...IMHO.

I am rather excited for the competition going on in camp this year, especially on defense. I think we will get a few suprise performances from unexpected places....Raynoch Thompson, Corey Williams, Donnell Washington, Matt O'Dwyer T-Murph. And if what they are saying about the guy catching on is true...Nick Collins has the tools to be special. If he truly gets his head around the scheme, watch out!

Members online

Latest posts