1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Priest Holmes?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by starpass, Oct 2, 2007.

1. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Priest went through the KC training camp albeit not in full contact. He is on the PUP list. I think he would be playing for KC if LJ had not come back.

Why not Priest Holmes? Or Samkon--he is on the bench in Houston.

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    why not just get rid of the zone blocking scheme (or better execution of it)?

3. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

because we blew draft picks on these guys who were supposed to fit the system.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Is it safe to already say we 'blew' picks on these guys to fit the system or is that jumping the gun?

5. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    if it aint broke... dont fix it

6. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    These blown draft picks provivded Brett with excellent protection againest the chargers, I'm not quite sure the line is the problem. Ahman played behind the same line last year and still had a good season. I think the RB's need to look for the cut lanes. I know it's been said on here before and I think they're right it seems to me the backs aren't seeing the lanes or aren't waiting for them to develop. You're gonna have that with younger RB's

7. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is Marshall Faulk still available?

8. axelred13

axelred13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Shoot...suit Edgar up.

9. Pack88

Pack88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Posters familiar with Holmes say his neck will never clear a GB physical! Too bad I think he would have been an awesome addition
    Pack88

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Samkon is nothing special and Priest wouldn't pass a physical like someone said.

I think the Packers are just going to have to keep working at it and hope for improvement.

11. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We can just keep going around in a circle or we can just move on.

We are in the shotgun alot of the time, you cant have a good running game out of the shotgun.

We are in the shotgun because we gave up on the run and its easier to pass since they know you are passing.

Fine, but its hard to switch back to conventional formations and try to run the ball.

We give up on the run early in games and we have to. Our lineman & running backs are not good enough to complement anything. They are a weakness and we will lose games if we try and play conventional. Just like last year when we were max protecting all the time, it was nescessary so we could win.

We're just gonna have to live with a crappy running game until next year i think. I think it will get a little better, but it will probably be the worst in the league. We might still win 12 games anyway so i dont really care. I like watching Brett chuck it around anyway. I dont have any serious dilusions about us winning the superbowl yet so i dont care. I just wanna see us compete and we can with our offense.

12. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i don't think priest nor gado are any bettter tha the guys we have now.

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree. Gado had troubles with the zone blocking in GB and I doubt he'd be any better.

Holmes was good, but there's a reason he's not starting right now or even playing.

I'd rather Wynn, Morency and Jackson.

14. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Put Aaron Rodgers in a RB

15. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too!

Packers are basically the same offense as the 2006 team that won 4 in a row when Favre only threw 1 TD pass in that span.

Running game will come around... at least enough to win the games.

16. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no way man Jon Ryan makes way better cuts in open field than a-ROD!