Pretty much expected

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In surveying the posts this morning, it is pretty much expected.

I offer this: did any of you expect this team to go undefeated?

After years, repeat years, of high draft picks, the squirrel with no eyesight, the Lions, has found a few acorns. Don't diss the Packers as much as praise the Lions for putting together some pretty good talent that is obviously pretty well coached. The Lions always give the Packers fits in Detroit. The most stunning loss the Packers received in my lifetime was the ***-kicking Alex Karras and company laid on Lombardi's Packers. Bart Starr was sacked 11 times that day with that great line.

It's one game.

What is the most troubling, besides Walker's injury, is the penalites. Penalties are discipline problems. I think the team hasn't practiced enough, hard enough, to work out the kinks. The coaches will really need to kick some *** this week to get everyone thinking about it. You can't think too much, or you lose an edge, but it needs to be practiced enough that it becomes instinctual. I would tell Carroll that one more penalty makes him inactive. Period. Learn it or sit.

I also think the team isn't as conditioned as it could be. The constant leg cramping shows players that aren't in peak condition. How many Lions had cramps? Didn't see any. You could see the falloff in the second half, and that's conditioning, in part.

Brett ain't Brett anymore. His passes lack something. When he whips it, things happen, but too often he tries to 'loft' the ball, and is almost always off the mark.

I was fairly encouraged by Bates' defense. I thought the Lions would easily score 30 points. If not for the anemic offense putting the defense in bad field position time after time, they could have nearly shut the Lions out.

Next Sunday will be a bell-weather game for the Packers. They are paying tribute to Reggie White, it's the home opener, and they are playing a team they should beat. A loss to Cleveland and it's pretty much over for the season.

One final tribute: to Jon Gruden and the Bucs. I really didn't mind the Packers loss after I saw that worthless bunch of overpaid losers from Minnesota stumble all over themselves. Salute to the Bucs!(until we play them!).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net, the season is far from lost, obviously. Butthat offense was horrible and did not, once agaion, play to the strengths of the personnel. Favre, as I have said many times, is more accurate when he throws with velocity, and yet, here we saw an endless array of lofting rainbows. Some of play selection was really lacking. Had the stench of Tom Rossley all over it.

On the other hand, the defernse looked good.

Whooda thunk this would be the conversation we are having today?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do the Packers always look unprepared in the opener. Everyone is ready to give up on the season. What about last year loosing four games in a row everyone including me thought that that was it.....But no sherman and Favre pulled them out of it. Not saying this year will be exactly the same but I will wait until we are mathimaticly eliminated before I count the season down the drain.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys have missed the whole game.....

ROSSLEY WAS CALLING THE PLAYS.......

Didn't any of you smell it...?

THAT's WHY the Offense stunk... Course, Flanny AND BRETT didn't help things much...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Far from giving up, ago...just spewing the obvious. The randomness and passivity of our offensive playcalling STINKS of TR. Sherman is doing it again...I have a fair amont of respect for the guy, but his buddy system is his major failing. If I am TT, and I know for FACT that TR was calling the game, I corral MS and state, in no uncertain terms, that TR never sees playcalling duty during a game again, or consequences exist that will be played out!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the problem that everyone is concerned about was the offense's performance. Our D is supposed to be terrible so when we were able to hold the Lions to 17 points, that should have turned the table in our favour. It didn't and that is cause for serious concern.

I still think we'll be 3-2 (maybe 4-1 but I'm not holding my breath for that Carolina game) by the bye week and hopefully we'll have the offense's problems figured out by then, because the schedule gets brutal after that.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs.....you lnow me.....I ALWAYS back the coaches.....but in this case, I gotta agree with you. Unless Favre has a torn rotator cuff, the playcalling was awful. It did seem like Rossley was once again at the helm. Did anyone ask Sherman this question at his press conference? If not, maybe someone will today.

I will choose to look at the glass half full. I liked what our defense did if you take away the penalties.....especially against the run. We gotta get more turnovers though.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
In surveying the posts this morning, it is pretty much expected.

I offer this: did any of you expect this team to go undefeated?

After years, repeat years, of high draft picks, the squirrel with no eyesight, the Lions, has found a few acorns. Don't diss the Packers as much as praise the Lions for putting together some pretty good talent that is obviously pretty well coached. The Lions always give the Packers fits in Detroit. The most stunning loss the Packers received in my lifetime was the ***-kicking Alex Karras and company laid on Lombardi's Packers. Bart Starr was sacked 11 times that day with that great line.

It's one game.

What is the most troubling, besides Walker's injury, is the penalites. Penalties are discipline problems. I think the team hasn't practiced enough, hard enough, to work out the kinks. The coaches will really need to kick some *** this week to get everyone thinking about it. You can't think too much, or you lose an edge, but it needs to be practiced enough that it becomes instinctual. I would tell Carroll that one more penalty makes him inactive. Period. Learn it or sit.

I also think the team isn't as conditioned as it could be. The constant leg cramping shows players that aren't in peak condition. How many Lions had cramps? Didn't see any. You could see the falloff in the second half, and that's conditioning, in part.

Brett ain't Brett anymore. His passes lack something. When he whips it, things happen, but too often he tries to 'loft' the ball, and is almost always off the mark.

I was fairly encouraged by Bates' defense. I thought the Lions would easily score 30 points. If not for the anemic offense putting the defense in bad field position time after time, they could have nearly shut the Lions out.

Next Sunday will be a bell-weather game for the Packers. They are paying tribute to Reggie White, it's the home opener, and they are playing a team they should beat. A loss to Cleveland and it's pretty much over for the season.

One final tribute: to Jon Gruden and the Bucs. I really didn't mind the Packers loss after I saw that worthless bunch of overpaid losers from Minnesota stumble all over themselves. Salute to the Bucs!(until we play them!).

I say this is something we may have to expect and accept. It was a good run. Something like this is due to happen sooner or later. We Packer fans should be able to stick by our team and accept some hard times as well as good times.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
You guys have missed the whole game.....

ROSSLEY WAS CALLING THE PLAYS.......

Didn't any of you smell it...?

THAT's WHY the Offense stunk... Course, Flanny AND BRETT didn't help things much...

cant blame our problems on coaching. coaches dont play the game on the field.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Net, the season is far from lost, obviously. Butthat offense was horrible and did not, once agaion, play to the strengths of the personnel. Favre, as I have said many times, is more accurate when he throws with velocity, and yet, here we saw an endless array of lofting rainbows. Some of play selection was really lacking. Had the stench of Tom Rossley all over it.

On the other hand, the defernse looked good.

Whooda thunk this would be the conversation we are having today?

we went through it before.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't buy that cannard for one minute that Sherman would be calling the plays...

I knew that he would revert to Rosseley calling the plays...and just "say" that he was calling them...or else he calls as bad a game as Rosseley..so then it doesn't matter....

and Chick you can blame a coach if they call a bad game...sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts