Pretty Harsh

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know much about these guys but I caught this article on Real Football 365. They listed their preseason "power ratings". Packers are 31. Man I hope we can rub their face in it after the season. I am bookmarking this article.

Here is what they say:

31.) Green Bay - Arguably the worst team in the NFL. The front office is becoming a joke, which was evident in its handling of the Javon Walker and Darren Sharper fiascos in recent years. The ridiculous treatment the Packers allow quarterback Brett Favre to put them through, and the strange hiring of Mike McCarthy as the head coach. The only reason to go to Lambeau this season will be to drink beer and see the crumbling of a legend. 27, 28, 29. How many interceptions is that, Brett?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Don't know much about these guys but I caught this article on Real Football 365. They listed their preseason "power ratings". Packers are 31. Man I hope we can rub their face in it after the season. I am bookmarking this article.

Here is what they say:

31.) Green Bay - Arguably the worst team in the NFL. The front office is becoming a joke, which was evident in its handling of the Javon Walker and Darren Sharper fiascos in recent years. The ridiculous treatment the Packers allow quarterback Brett Favre to put them through, and the strange hiring of Mike McCarthy as the head coach. The only reason to go to Lambeau this season will be to drink beer and see the crumbling of a legend. 27, 28, 29. How many interceptions is that, Brett?

Could you post a link to this article DePack?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We traded an aging, albeit talented, showboat who was breaking down physically for an athletic, hammer of a safety in Nick Collins.

Wow....we really got screwed on that one. Darren was becoming a bit of a prima dona toward the end. He was paid lavishly by the Packers over his career, but would not stay for a little bit less that he is paid by the Queens.

Good bye...good riddance. Collins will be more LeRoy Butler than Darren Sharper. I will take that any day.

As far as Javon......talented malcontent whose lack of brain power will lead to further disruptions over his career...mark my words. And we got, what.....5 players. Again, I will take that.

Notice....we are getting rid of Sherman's "**** and Jane" crowd and replacing them with players with functional grey matter. Look at the Wonderlic scores of this year's draftees if you need further proof.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon, upon being provided our favorite first grade reading tutorial, "**** and Jane" has a question for his coach:

"Uhhhh...coach Shanahan...it says in the book "see Stop run". How can someone run when they stop coach?

Shanahan: "Javon.....it says "see Spot Run"....Spot is the dog and he is.....oh, ****...never mind....just run fast and close your mouth."

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but the McKenzie issue was Mike Sherman HC/GM. These guys apparently have a hard-on for TT and MM. I don't know about you guys and gals, but I just witnessed two of the best drafts in memory for the Packers. That TT sure is a ****-up. Getting rid of malcontent idiots who have proved league-wide to destroy locker rooms....another bad move....especially for 5 players in return.

Face it...the only thing journalists/pundits/hacks like more than building something/someone up is tearing them down. GB had been on top for a long time...now it is time for them to be humbled.

A strong chase of the Division title should shut some of these ******** up!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Yeah, but the McKenzie issue was Mike Sherman HC/GM. These guys apparently have a hard-on for TT and MM. I don't know about you guys and gals, but I just witnessed two of the best drafts in memory for the Packers. That TT sure is a ****-up. Getting rid of malcontent idiots who have proved league-wide to destroy locker rooms....another bad move....especially for 5 players in return.

Face it...the only thing journalists/pundits/hacks like more than building something/someone up is tearing them down. GB had been on top for a long time...now it is time for them to be humbled.

A strong chase of the Division title should shut some of these ******** up!

I agree with most of this but "two of the best drafts in memory" might be a little premature. Last years draft has gotten us one starter SO FAR. It has some potential. This years draft has alot of potential also. But in the NFL potential just means they haven't done it yet. Hopefully in 3 years we can say these were 2 great drafts but I am not as confident in last years draft class as you are. I like this years much better.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, well, well....I notice the Queens at 13. More pressure for this group of shortcomers to live down to.

As it has been said..."that is why we play the games"!!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch. It's soooo early to say we're 31. Who knows, maybe we end up in the tank...maybe we end up in the top 10. Personally, we do have a lot of change, many rookies to hang our hat on coupled with a rookie Head Coach. However, from what I've read so far and listened to via multimedia, I am embracing MM more. I like his approach and no nonsense attitude. This should transpire down to the players as well. I feel our D will be better than last year but our O is a big question mark, no doubt. Like any team in the NFL, if they buy in to the system and gel as one, you have a good team. Time will tell.
As far as players lost...Collins did alright last year and Javon was gone by week 1 so who knows how he would have panned out. The Favre part is backward. Favre didn't dictate to the team, the team gave him their outline for him to work with.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the surface, DePack. They will bear out in several years. Agree with where you are coming from, though.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Digs...who do you like from last years draft? Obviously Collins. If Rodgers turns out to be a quality starter and Hawkins can stay healthy maybe it will be a pretty good draft. I just think losing Murphy potentially moved this draft class from good to average. Maybe Poppinga or Costin can contribute. If Rodgers and Hawkins don't pan out I think it will be a bust.

I actually like the potential of this years draft from top to bottom. Hawk is a no brainer. We will get at least one immediate starter out of Colledge/Spitz....maybe both. Jennings should contribute as a rookie. Cory Rodgers should be our returnman (if he could stay out of jail). Blackmon will find some playing time as a rookie. Hodge could be a starter in a year. If Aaron Rodgers isn't the answer maybe Ingle Martin will be. And I actually think the sleeper of the draft may be Tyrone Culver. I think in a couple years he could be a leader in the secondary.

Having said all that ........injuries can screw up everything.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to include Murphy in the draft...it is just unfortunate that injury ended his career...nothing anyone could have anticipated.

How many high quality players has GB lost to injury early in their career...a lot if memory serves me well.

Tim Lewis, Eric Affholter, Mark DiNofrio (sp), T Murph.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should try to spin this another way. First of all, I could give a rats *** about national sports writer's opinions. Most of them just regurgitate someone else's thoughts.

Secondly, there is real hatred for the GBP organization throughout the country stemming from jealosy. Big market teams and their reporters don't appreciate David kicking Goliath's collective butts for 15 years.

Thirdly, the GBP players are going to be highly motivated this year. I'm pretty sure most of them can read and understand the sports columns.

I am going to thoroughly enjoy the watching some of these experts digest thesh^tburger coming their way. If they have any credibility at all, they will apologize to Packer nation, but I won't hold my breath.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
You have to include Murphy in the draft...it is just unfortunate that injury ended his career...nothing anyone could have anticipated.

How many high quality players has GB lost to injury early in their career...a lot if memory serves me well.

Tim Lewis, Eric Affholter, Mark DiNofrio (sp), T Murph.

Sorry....can't call Murph a quality pick even though I loved the guy.... Murph was just potential. Could have been a nice pick but didn't amount to anything. As harsh as that sounds, that's the NFL. Sucks!

I thought Mike Flanagan was going to be one of those early career injury casualties but he overcame a ton of adversity.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again the "experts" have spoken. So i guess Brett should retire, the Packers should close down Lambeau for a year and just forfeit all the games. I mean.......why play? The EXPERTS have SPOKEN!!! :roll:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Highly paid gums must flap lest they fail to earn their checks. No better target than the most visible, recognizeable and regarded face in the league in the form of one Brett Lorenzo Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts