Pressure getting to Packers??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say the pressure of living up to last years expectations is getting to them yes but that's not it.
We do need to fix the little thing's like blocking,catching the ball, throwing the ball away,tackling, and dumb penalties. The elite teams can fix these issues and i believe this is where it starts... because honestly? besides the Sea Hawks game the Packers are beating the Packers.

This is a statement game for the franchise imo, i mean how many games do the Packers go into where they are the underdogs? it's been a long time. MM always talks about fixing the little thing's and being consistent so fix it then and have guy's go out and execute the gameplan, take care of the football, eliminate the drive killing or drive extending penalties and play Packer football. The funny thing is we all know what the Packers are capable of...even the people who hate the Packers know how good this team can be but since week Two they have yet to put together a complete game. Yes it's good to play your best football in the winter but you CAN'T wait until then because you could be playing spoiler. I'm sorry but i don't want to play the role of spoiler... i'd like for us to be right in the thick of thing'splaying for a chance to win a SB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be pressure or just the reality that you can't stay on top forever in the NFL. The system is rigged for parity so you better do something darned special to walk against the current of that river. It's like national and world economies, they ride in waves and it's really hard to keep your team/economy riding on the peak of a wave forever.

I think that the Packers have most of the pieces to remain a solid football team but we may look back in a decade to see 2010 as our peak.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be. These guys are supposed to be competitors. When things aren't going well, there is pressure. And you either rise to the challenge or you wilt under it. A competitor rises to the challenge. A winner rises to the challenge; that goes for individuals and teams. My brother (peteralan71) texted me yesterday that Mac was asked if there was any panic in the organization. Mac responded, "I'm not a panicked. I think it's a punk mentality. I think it's a loser mentality." There ya go. Winners rise to the challenge, losers panic.

Mac is not a loser and I don't think there are many, though there are bound to be some, losers on this team. Mac is a winner. Mac is an ***-kicker. I told Pete that I wished some reporter had asked if there was any ***-kicking going on in the organization right now. You know there is. Because McCarthy won't tolerate this team as it is right now. So yeah, there's pressure, but I'd bet the farm that the external pressure is nothing compared to the internal pressure. Our leaders expect only the very best of themselves, and they project that onto the rest of the team. And the pressure had better be getting to them, because if not, nothing's going to change. You'd better believe that there's pressure, courtesy of McCarthy, Rodgers, Woodson, and Matthew. These guys are winners, and they expect this team to win. What's yet to be seen is if they rise to the challenge, or wilt under it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts