Preseason Week 1 Observations and Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Eddie Lacy looked as big as Ripkowski! But he had some good runs and looked ready to go. Rip on the other hand wasn't looking top notch. Missed a few key blocks that I saw. Abby was flashing his ability to run crisp routes and get himself open. He beat Tramon Williams for what would have been a big gain if the ball wasn't tipped by LB. Then the next play he beat his man on sidline route, but Callahan led him too far. He made a short catch at line of scrimmage then shook the corner for a 1st down. Overall Abby put on a show he was pretty good on Punt Returns. I dont think abyone else returned punts? If he stays healthy he's on the 53!! The overall position that stood out last night was OLB. Perry looked good. Datone looked beastly. McCray showed his power and motor. Kyler Fackrell didnt get in till late in the game, but he flashed on some plays also not only his sack on Kessler. One name I didnt hear was Jayrone Elliott? He needs to have a good preseason with all the talent at OLB.

I have to read through my notes for other stand out plays or players. Last thing, if Demetri Goodson plays the rest of preseason like last night. He wont make this roster. Especially with the 4game suspension he's carrying. That late hit was pitiful and could be a game changer if it happened in the regular season!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We already have a game day thread plus a studs/duds thread for post game discussion. If a specific play needs discussion then go ahead with a new thread. We don't need a third thread for an omnibus game discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts