Preseason Tarzan.. Regular season Jane?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins, for all the dominant force he looked to be in preseason and late last year, he has been pretty quiet so far this season...

Here is to a 2 or 3 sack day Sunday...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That is my prediction of the Packer Player of the game...

The Charger soph LT has been struggling this year to date, so hopefully we have a field day from that side.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's been on the line, right?

the line that's been very very good?

all those guys deserve credit. calling guys out already?

(I know you're not 'calling him out' but this thread is dedicated to his quietness, so im just sayin.)

I'd rather everyone share the glory and have mediocre stats, than the dline play mediocre but have 1 or 2 standouts with great stats!

The line is productive. I'm happy.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Please see previous post ... I hit submit before I was done.. sorry...

That is my prediction of the Packer Player of the game...

The Charger soph LT has been struggling this year to date, so hopefully we have a field day from that side.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say that the D blows up this week. I'm not worried about gates, cause I know from watching the NYG game that we'll put Chuckwood on the TE. Great move.

LT-he's been contained for the last 2 weeks: we have the talent to make it 3.

The Chargers' starting RT is out, so look for Kampy to get great pressure all day against the backup.

Not sure about Cullen, but I'd definitely like to see all 3 DEs combine for at least 4 sacks and a grip of hurries.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black. if chuck takes on Gates the whole game, do you suggest that the Packers will play Nickel as their base defense primarily? I think this is a viable option, but would rather see normal 4-3 with Woodson on Gates and Collins taking responsibility of the #2 receiver.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I say that the D blows up this week. I'm not worried about gates, cause I know from watching the NYG game that we'll put Chuckwood on the TE. Great move.

LT-he's been contained for the last 2 weeks: we have the talent to make it 3.

The Chargers' starting RT is out, so look for Kampy to get great pressure all day against the backup.

Not sure about Cullen, but I'd definitely like to see all 3 DEs combine for at least 4 sacks and a grip of hurries.

They'll Double team Kampman... Probably w/ the TE or the FB. Packers blitz on the opposite side and lookout!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins has played fine. Not as good as in the preseason, but he has had lots of pressures, one sack that was taken away by a penalty, and his run D has been decent. Not a Jane by any means.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins and Kampman have been the main focus (foci?) of the opposing offensive lines. This has allowed the interior guys like pickett, jolly, and corey williams to play so well. this also keeps linemen off our linebackers so they can go crazy.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe someone would actually make a thread about this.

Do you watch the games? Jenkins has been a beast so far and though he doesn't have the sack #'s he's in on almost every play they get pressure on the QB.

You people make me sick

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than having zero sacks, I think Jenks has played very well. He's certainly been a massive upgrade over KGB as an every down DE, and he's still learning the position. He's currently 5th on the team in tackles with our other DE being tied for 3rd. That's big.

Another thing to keep in mind in terms of his sacks on the year is that he doesn't get to play DE in passing situations. Its always harder to get a sack at DT than at DE and he's playing DT in the situations in which you are most likely to get a sack.

I'd expect 7-8 sacks out of him on the year with some very stout run D and some nice pressure as a DT on 3rd downs.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins has quite a few quarterback pressures at this point. He's been a solid upgrade from KGB so far.

I agree he hasn't looked like an All Pro yet but I think quiet is the wrong word. I'll take a guy who'll get pressure on a QB anyday even if he doesn't get a sack every time.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Do you watch the games? Jenkins has been a beast so far and though he doesn't have the sack #'s he's in on almost every play they get pressure on the QB.

You people make me sick

Well I am sorry that I was calling for him to have a breakout game. IN other words, he looked like a mid -teen sack artist in the preseason, and has recorded none yet.

Have another beer, chill out and read the post... that is if you are done being sick and all.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

You people make me sick

Well I am sorry that I was calling for him to have a breakot game. IN other words, he looked like a mid -teen sack artist in the preseason, and has recorded none yet.

Have another beer, chill out and read the post... that is if you are done being sick and all.

Don't take it personally. Yared is like my Uncle Mike. He drinks, becomes a lot of fun, drinks more, then starts an argument, so we get him drunk enough that he collapses. Then we take his shoes off and put him on the couch.

When he sobers up, he'll realize that you were simply saying that Jenkins is due for a big game.

It's all good. Yared & Uncle Mike really are good guys. We just have to get past that argument stage of drinking.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

You people make me sick

Well I am sorry that I was calling for him to have a breakout game. IN other words, he looked like a mid -teen sack artist in the preseason, and has recorded none yet.

I think your expectations were way too high, especially considering he doesn't even get to play DE on passing downs.

Only 6 DE finished with 13 (mid-teen or higher) or more sacks last year and we already have the leader at the position in Kampy at 15.5. Only 10 finished in double digits and no team had two DEs with 10 or more. Just some perspective.

Members online

Latest posts