Preseason Game #2: Packers at Ravens

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If no Rodgers today then he has to get playing time in the next two.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've only watched the first half so far (the replay on NFL Network). Rodgers is out with back tightness. What, is he channeling Tiger Woods now? I'll be surprised if no one says he's playing hookey because LeFleur wants him to play, and he doesn't. Well, you know what? I don't care anyway.

Tackling still looks terrible, but at least it's better than last week (that's not saying much).

I know it's only preseason, but this team has trouble winning on the road. They were 1-7 last year. That needs to change.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just the same old crap. Moments of class followed by **** poor defence.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope the crappy ness is because of pre season and not wanting to show the world our playbook.

I would get concerned if Rodgers and rest of 1st stringers look crap.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean its obvious that they wont show much of the playbook on both sides. So I wouldnt think about it too much.

The tackling is **** poor, as always. I dont know why the Packers make it so difficult to tackle guys. The defense was on point most of the times. The other times were big plays because of the poor tackling. The secondary looks really promising, pass rush kinda lame but still preaseason.

The offense really suffers under poor QB play this preseason. We dont need to talk about Kizer but Boyle is so damn inconsistent in his throws. He has the arm and skills to throw absolute lasers but often fails at throwing accurate 5 yard throws. He mostly threw the short ones right at the ground. Wilkins didnt throw one pass or am I wrong?

Run game with Carson is really bad and much better with Dexter in it. The WR are hard to judge cuz the QBs suck but they really stick out. Kumerow, Lazard, Shepherd all deliver when its needed and really stand out at the moment. The OL looks solid too, especially Jenkins looks really good. These holding calls on him were bs, dont know what the refs saw there.

Studs: Bolton, lazard, Jenkins, Kumerow, Shepherd, Sullivan, Keke, Scott( had one hell of a day)

Duds: all QBs, Gary( he should at least try to finish plays), penalties at ST again, tackling

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, I only watched pieces of the game and I'm aware I might have missed some good plays but I didn't see much positive from Gary in the plays I saw. The most egregious was probably the complete lack of awareness on the bootleg in the third quarter, soon followed by a lack of hustle on an outside run (he wasn't in great position but jogging certainly wasn't going to help). He's young and I'm sure he'll improve but what positives did he show during the game?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I really hope the crappy ness is because of pre season and not wanting to show the world our playbook.

I would get concerned if Rodgers and rest of 1st stringers look crap.

Don't be surprised if the offense takes a month to get going.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did it appear to anyone else that Darrin Hall (RB) was taking snaps at safety in the second half? Not sure if I was mixed up or hallucinating thanks to psychedelically bad play by the Packers D...

D

Deleted member 6794

Did it appear to anyone else that Darrin Hall (RB) was taking snaps at safety in the second half? Not sure if I was mixed up or hallucinating thanks to psychedelically bad play by the Packers D...

I'm quite sure that was Tray Matthews who wears the same number (34) as Hall.

Reaction score
feel free to move on if you must.

I know this is a Packer forum, BUT Always go with a winner.

Watch their smoke when they take it all the way to the Super Bowl this year.

So keep this post and refer back to it in 2020 when I can say again: "I told you so."

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, feel free to head on over. Come back and gloat if you must, my level of caring will be the same.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Is it to early to jump the fan fence and cheer for Kansas City and Patrick Mahomes
to win it all this year?

No! Not at all, friend. There is plenty of time. In fact, I think there is a Chiefs forum out there that needs you and your thread starting prowess. I think you should go find it and enjoy a great season rooting for KC. Godspeed!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the Baltimore game and I thought Kizer looked better than at any time I have seen him. He has a really nice touch on the screen passes.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the same old crap. Moments of class followed by **** poor defence.
I agree. Horrible play by the Packers and an insufferable broadcast. I am now starting to doubt MLF. The Packers were not prepared or ready to play football. Kizer sucks. Boyle sucks and Rodgers is building a history of injuries, yes I know it is the preseason.

The defense is no different than the garbage we had to watch last year. Pettine is sucking so far, including his lousy defense last year.

Offensive execution was **** poor for sure all around. I am not impressed with MLF's offense up to this point.

Members online

Latest posts