Preseason Buzz

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it is the preseason. I know that the games tend not to mean anything. I know some teams don't get creative with their game plans. I know that whatever one team/coach/player does in the preseason doesn't mean that they will be better or worse or whatever in the regular season. Yet am I the only one who is full blown excited about the Packers chances right now?

The Colts game was the only full preseason game I was able to watch from beginning to end. I've seen highlights and read about the other 2. Yet after watching that game I'm really stoked. I know our defense gave up some plays and that we haven't absolutely decimated all comers, but the energy and desire to win is there in every player. They look motivated and hungry and that really pumps me up.

I was just wondering what everyone else was thinking/feeling on this subject.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Derga--it's hard not to get excited every year, but this one could be special. Rogers is simply phenomenal. We won't be out of any game, that's for sure, if he stays healthy. And I like our backup QB as well.

OP
OP
DergaSmash

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats what I am saying. I'm not clamoring that Green Bay is a lock for the Super Bowl. In all honesty, I do like our chances. I'm just really really excited about it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the same way or I can relate.
Except for the announcers, that was an exciting game to watch.

I'm feeling really good or optimistic about the Pack this year.
I did last year too, but I feel better. Perhaps all the SB talk or with A-Rod being on the cover of so many mags adds to the hype as well.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got excited last year after the cards game so im a little gun shy to be over enthusiastic.

Majik

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited, but just a little more than usual. I've been pretty excited every year for about the past 20 though (lol). Winning only 1 SB with Favre at the helm is, basically, a disappointment to me. Yes, I know some teams don't even have a championship at all, but all those heartbreaking playoff losses (especially in the '97, '98, '03 and the '07 seasons) have left a sour taste in my mouth, and a big feeling of letdown takes over me like I can't trust them.

But then this preseason starts and they look like they can put up 40+ every week no matter who they play. So, yeah, I'm ready for at least a deep playoff run, hopefully more....and 2 victories over the Vikes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts