Prepare yourself for quite a shift in atmospheric pressure

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a test, and the results of this may dwarf the significance of global warming.

Tonight Viking fans everywhere will be cheering for the Ravens to embarrass the Packers on Monday night football. For them watching a Green Bay defeat will help ease some of the pain they are suffering – having been only slightly less embarrassed by the whipping that the Steelers put on them in their own house, than the re-emergence of the “Love Boat Scandalâ€

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Prepare yourself for quite a shift in atmospheric pressu

IE problem, syntax corrected.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bruce, if the queens need us to win chances, are we will lose. I am basing this on past history of the vikings. Maybe the gods have a different scenario for the disappointment this season. Here is mine.

Saturday 12-24 Vikings beat the Ravens to stay alive
Sunday 12-25 The Pack beats the Bears to a pulp injuring the entire Chicago starting defense.

Sunday 1-1 Chicago goes into Minnesota with an entire new defense as a 19 point underdog. Trails by 27 after 3 periods. Finds an offense in the 4th period and scores 28 unanswered points including a last second "hail Mary" touchdown pass that was initially ruled out of bounds but then reversed after a 25 minute review! THEN the earth will return to it's axis.

Is that asking too much? What? It can happen. These are the vikings we are talking about.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Bruce, if the queens need us to win chances, are we will lose. I am basing this on past history of the vikings. Maybe the gods have a different scenario for the disappointment this season. Here is mine.

Saturday 12-24 Vikings beat the Ravens to stay alive
Sunday 12-25 The Pack beats the Bears to a pulp injuring the entire Chicago starting defense.

Sunday 1-1 Chicago goes into Minnesota with an entire new defense as a 19 point underdog. Trails by 27 after 3 periods. Finds an offense in the 4th period and scores 28 unanswered points including a last second "hail Mary" touchdown pass that was initially ruled out of bounds but then reversed after a 25 minute review! THEN the earth will return to it's axis.

Is that asking too much? What? It can happen. These are the vikings we are talking about.

DePack:

Dreams are never too much to ask. And predicting a viking choke with it all on the line is always a safe bet. Frankly, I am hoping to tease their fans by defeating da bears only to have the Ravens break their hearts by thumping them in the game that follows.

As hard as it is to stomach -- da bears deserve to win this division. They have shown heart and character throughout the season. I will even be cheering for them in the playoffs.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sounds good but I think the queens play the Ravens on Saturday and the Packers/Bears game is Sunday.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes Da Bears have player with their hearts if not check yesterday´´s game footage to see how hard they hit... On the other hand even Frankenstein´s Son Mike Tice said yesterday after their defeat that he felt like CRAP at least something that shows he is alive !!! I like when a team and a coach shows his emotions, maybe that is why I like Bates.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Sounds good but I think the queens play the Ravens on Saturday and the Packers/Bears game is Sunday.

I could be wrong but I think the Packers are the first game on Sunday followed by the Vikings. I will check the schedule and get back to you.

DePack: Just as I thought -- most of the NFL games are on Saturday. However, on Xmas day at 4:00 PM the Packers host da bears followed by the Vikings Raven game on espn at 7:30

Both games were seen has huge games before the season started -- they are but for completely different reasons than predicted. Further, unless you are a fan of the North they are pretty insignificant games.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packer Game is sunday (xmas day) and starts at 4:00pm cst. time is a little different than normal.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packer Bears 4 PM next sunday... Greta Xmas gift to see the packers beat Da Bears and drink some Guinness beer !!!

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

trippster said:
Packer Game is sunday (xmas day) and starts at 4:00pm cst. time is a little different than normal.

See my edited post above -- there are only two games on Xmas. The Packers host da bears at 4:00 and the Vikings Raven game at 7:30 -- everyone else either plays on Sat or Monday.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Chamuko said:
Packer Bears 4 PM next sunday... Greta Xmas gift to see the packers beat Da Bears and drink some Guinness beer !!!

In addition to this gift I will be sitting in section 121 row 55 seats 9-12 with my wife, brother and his girl friend. Along with our other 4 tickets in use by 4 other friends. GOOOOD party to be had, that's for sure!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bruce...as usual I must bow to the master. For some reason I thought ESPN was showing the queens on Saturday.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That shift you mentioned was Green Bay landing solidly in the cellar. :D
I, too, will cheer on the Bears if they represent the North.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Damnit!!! Actually we are not that solidly in the cellar. Thanks to the Lions freefall we can tie them with a win tonight!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ryan said:
Chamuko said:

In addition to this gift I will be sitting in section 121 row 55 seats 9-12 with my wife, brother and his girl friend. Along with our other 4 tickets in use by 4 other friends. GOOOOD party to be had, that's for sure!

Don't forget to stop down the street and say "HEY" to Fuzzy at Fuzzy's 63. You might get lucky and a few Bear's players will be in town, as well.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Damnit!!! Actually we are not that solidly in the cellar. Thanks to the Lions freefall we can tie them with a win tonight!
For safety's sake, Lions and Packers should hold hands while down in the cellar. It's dark and spooky down there. :D
We will be in the downstairs apartment, banging a broomstick on the ceiling.Those damn Bears in the penthouse are having a loud party again! :evil:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

vikefan said:
For safety's sake, Lions and Packers should hold hands while down in the cellar. It's dark and spooky down there. :D

We should take his advice on this matter for he has a wealth of experience regarding the bottom of the cellar.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
vikefan said:

We should take his advice on this matter for he has a wealth of experience regarding the bottom of the cellar.
I think you mean the Lions, but you're excused.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

vikefan said:
Zero2Cool said:
vikefan said:

I think he was probably thinking more along the lines of those free-falls you guys have every season... Arizona comes to mind, right away... Or how about going 6-0, only to lose the next (what) ....7.? Truth is... if you take the Roof on that Dome, you'd be playing "Packer football" - and might just win one, for a change.... it almost worked for Fran Tarkenton. At least, he went to a SuperBowl...!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IPBprez said:
vikefan said:
Zero2Cool said:
vikefan said:

I think he was probably thinking more along the lines of those free-falls you guys have every season... Arizona comes to mind, right away... Or how about going 6-0, only to lose the next (what) ....7.? Truth is... if you take the Roof on that Dome, you'd be playing "Packer football" - and might just win one, for a change.... it almost worked for Fran Tarkenton. At least, he went to a SuperBowl...!
Whats ironic is the Twins and Vikings threatened to move if they didn't get a dome.
The fans wanted to keep the Met.

Members online

Latest posts