Premiere event prohibits Packers' Jackson from practice

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I wonder how far in advance this Premiere thing was scheduled, and if the PA just made the ruling last week... how teams can't get a muligan for this year. To change the date a week or two ago, it probably would have made a couple of other players miss because of scheduling... either way it sucks for Jackson.

PACKERS COULD HAVE MOVED THEIR MINICAMP

A league source tells us that the Green Bay Packers could have moved the dates of this weekend's mandatory minicamp after it became clear that there was a conflict this weekend with the 2007 Rookie Premier Photo Shoot -- and that the L.A. event for 35 hand-picked incoming players is a rock and the minicamp is scissors.

Instead, the camp stayed put as originally scheduled, and second-round draft pick Brandon Jackson (the possible season-opening starter at tailback) won't be able to participate.

Per the source, other teams moved their camps once the issue became obvious several weeks ago. The Lions, for example, convened on Tuesday through Thursday, even though (as we understand it) they were initially slated to have a full-squad camp over the weekend.

As a result, the Lions were able to have access to receiver Calvin Johnson.

And maybe that's why the Packers have deferred all comment on the issue to Jackson and his agent; there's nothing that the Packers can really say about this one, because by all appearances it's a problem that could have been avoided with better planning.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT hates Brandon Jackson
LOLOLOL!!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

Anyway.........a different point of view......mine! LOL!
I am an avid football card collector. The "Premiere" is for them to take photos for the football card companies for their upcoming releases. They also have the players put on and take off a bunch of jerseys, so that they can then cut them up and affix them on football cards. That way they can honestly put on the card "Player worn", even if it's just for the few seconds it takes for them to put it on and take it off. (I have a few of AJ Hawk from last years shoot). This is big business. So......if Jackson wasn't there, i wouldn't have th chance to get any of those cards. Some of the companies also have the rookies sign autographs there for their products.
Yes.......I would rather have him at practice. But this was mandatory for him. He has a GREAT attitude, and I'm SURE he will catch up quickly with the team.
Thats what he gets for being projected as a good player! They only ask the ones they think will make a splash there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts