pregame thoughts?

vikeinmontana

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's up pack fans? i try to make it a habit to come and talk some football to the fans of all the teams the vikes play. it's pretty fun and i always enjoy a different perspective.

Not here to talk any trash because i think running your mouth about something you can't control is really lame! What are your thoughts on this game?

I shouldn't have to tell you that so far i'm VERY dissapointed in the vikes. we haven't had a lot to cheer for yet this season, and i just hope it turns around. i think it's safe to say this one could go either way. you guys are the most injured team i can recall seeing but your homefield advantage is big. our defense is playing pretty well but our offense is very bad. it is actually shocking how you can have so many weapons on offense and still only get about 200 yards of offense and 10 points!

Sadly...this isn't even my biggest concern. i can't express to you the fear of our o-line going against your front and linebackers. i mean, matthews might actually be able to kill favre. like literally dead. so far our offensive line has cost me one remote and one ps3 controller as it was the first thing i picked up!

I'll be the first to say that if you guys weren't decimated with injuries i'd have you winning by at least a couple td's. but....because i'm an irrational vikes fan and i always have t assume they win....i'm going to predict that our offense finally looks like an nlf offense and we sneak away with a tight win. i know it seems as if the protocall for message boards is to run your mouth and never give the other team a shot, but if any of you ever go to vikingsmessageboard.com you'd see that is not the case. in fact, some of the biggest disagreements over there stem from fans never giving the vikes a chance to win! this is the case this week too. of all of the predictions for our game i'd say about 80% of us have the pack winning! although i doubt any of them would admit that to your face!

Anyway...just wanted to introduce myself over here and maybe pop in a time or two in the next few days to talk some football. good luck. skol vikes!:happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's up vikeinmontana?

Just edited your post to make it easier to read, didn't delete or write anything...

Anyway, you are a rare breed of Vikings fan. We have some in here that are polite and well-thought as well, but most just come to smack talk!

My thoughts on the game? Garbage bowl. Both teams can't play jack right now. Both team's front 7 are dominating (with CM3), and both OLs are swiss cheese.

I could very well see 7+ sacks for either side.

My prediction is that the less incompetent head coach wins the game. And that will be a hard battle, I'll tell you. My hope is that Clueless can screw up even worse than Lardhead, and that the Packers win!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with most everything you said. Our defense is getting a few key players back this week in Al Harris, Atari Bigby, and ad you said, Clay Matthews. That should certainly help our injury riddled defense. As long as we can keep Moss (relatively) in check, I think we can limit your offense to under 20 points.

Now what I'm really worried about is our offense. We have to at least match that 20 points, which after the past few weeks seems to be a more difficult task than it should be. Rodgers doesn't seem to be in his last year's form and we have WRs dropping passes left and right (cough cough...Jordy Nelson). Not to mention, were down Ryan Grant and Jermicheal Finley to accentuate our porous Oline.

With this all in mind, I predict a close game in the 4th quarter and whichever team shows their heroic side will come out on top, hopefully this is where our home field advantage kicks in. GO PACK GO!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcoming hugs to the friendly Viking! I think it's gonna be good, close game. Both teams are struggling for different reasons. Your O-Line has trouble protecting Favre but ours has similar troubles protecting Rogers. CM# is a weapon for our D as Allen is a weapon for you. Watch those two, if either team cannot protect their QB this may not end very well. You guys got Peterson, Moss and Percy Hervin (sp? sorry, can never remember this dude's last name), great weapons if you are able to use them. Our D just got a bunch of players back, CM3 (run Favre, hide!), Harris (I hope!) and some others, that's gonna be huge for us. Good luck to your team, it's gonna be a good game all around!

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we go all nickel on defense like we did in both games last year, Favre will pick us apart just like both games last year. If we bring pressure long and hard, Favre will almost undoubtedly throw a few "gifts" our way. The question is, can we bring that kind of pressure and control AP. It's a tall order.

I agree with PackersRS about the play-calling. Both teams have plenty of talent. It's entirely up to the coaching staffs to put their respective weapons in the best position possible to win the game. I can't even make a prediction. This could be a damn close game in favor of either team, or it could be a monster blowout in favor of either team.

The suspense is already killin' me. I can only imagine how jacked-up the players already are.

OP
OP
V

vikeinmontana

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks guys. also thanks for taking the time to put my jibberish in paragraphs! i like to write with little or no puntuation because i am a psych major and with all of the papers i constantly have to write this is my own little way to stick it to the man!

i also agree on the crappiness of our coaches. i didn't even want to touch on that one as it makes my blood boil. say what you want about mccarthy but i think most vikes fans would take him over childress in a second. first...he can't beat you guys! aside from last year which i think is safe to say was more just from favre and the emotion of the game. i'm sure you know this, but beating the packers is pretty important for a vikings coach!

next...he doesn't win on the road. we were a .500 team on the road last year and it could have been worse. more troubling is the fact that of our last 6 primetime games on the road, we are 0-6! ugh.

third...he is a control freak and refusues to evolve as the game goes on. i'm convinced that he comes up with his gameplan saturday night and he'll stick to it play by play on sunday whether we're up by 20 or down by 20! our in-game adjustments are basically non-existent.

i guess it's good to see that most of you are on the ame page i'm on. both teams have looked like crap and either could win it. at least you guys have had injuries that help explain your mediocre play! we have pretty much every player we had last year aside from sidney and chester yet we look like we could be an 8-8 team this year!

i know the season is young, but so far it's been a frustrating one...:(

OP
OP
V

vikeinmontana

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just stunned there is actually a Vikes fan that doesn't trash talk!

ha. just comes with the rivalry. there are a lot of us i bet. we get some pretty questionable packers fans on our board too! actually just one in particular but he's there year round running his mouth. that stuff used to annoy the heck out of me but now i barely give it a second thought.

i just know that i've had this game circled on my calendar for a long time and it can't get here fast enough! though maybe getting an account here could help pass the time. guess i could try working too but that isn't as fun! on that note...if any of you know how i can make great money b.s.'ing on message boards let me know.:yes2:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ha. just comes with the rivalry. there are a lot of us i bet. we get some pretty questionable packers fans on our board too! actually just one in particular but he's there year round running his mouth. that stuff used to annoy the heck out of me but now i barely give it a second thought.

i just know that i've had this game circled on my calendar for a long time and it can't get here fast enough! though maybe getting an account here could help pass the time. guess i could try working too but that isn't as fun! on that note...if any of you know how i can make great money b.s.'ing on message boards let me know.:yes2:

I have a standing bet with a long time Viking fan friend - a buck a game. Thing is, its the same buck for the last 20+ years. We write the score on it and mail it back and forth. There are several dollars, as there has been some 3 game win streaks, but the main one, is getting filled up with scores.

So do I get my buck back this year? I think there is a decent chance, only because we are playing at Lambeau. Both of our teams have performed well below expectations. Packers have been a slow starting team while under McCarthy, so I haven't given up yet. This is as good a game as any to start playing to our potential.

Cheers!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a standing bet with a long time Viking fan friend - a buck a game. Thing is, its the same buck for the last 20+ years. We write the score on it and mail it back and forth. There are several dollars, as there has been some 3 game win streaks, but the main one, is getting filled up with scores.

So do I get my buck back this year? I think there is a decent chance, only because we are playing at Lambeau. Both of our teams have performed well below expectations. Packers have been a slow starting team while under McCarthy, so I haven't given up yet. This is as good a game as any to start playing to our potential.

Cheers!
The Packers have been slow starting, slow finishing, slow progressing... Hmmm.... Donuts...

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like to write with little or no punctuation because i am a psych major and with all of the papers i constantly have to write this is my own little way to stick it to the man!

You're sticking it to yourself. As an old fart, which many of your professors probably are, I can tell you that when I see typing with no capitalization & punctuation, poor structure, poor spelling, or poor grammar, I automatically assume the writer is an idiot and/or awfully lazy. Obviously, as a psych major, you aren't an idiot; why pretend to be one?

I'd wager a well structured paper will outscore a poorly structured paper every time. This is meant as constructive criticism only.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hi ya well this will be a tough game,and i wont even predict the out come like you all said it can go either way,but i have to give the faith to the pack think a-rod finds a way to win this one.

OP
OP
V

vikeinmontana

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're sticking it to yourself. As an old fart, which many of your professors probably are, I can tell you that when I see typing with no capitalization & punctuation, poor structure, poor spelling, or poor grammar, I automatically assume the writer is an idiot and/or awfully lazy. Obviously, as a psych major, you aren't an idiot; why pretend to be one?

I'd wager a well structured paper will outscore a poorly structured paper every time. This is meant as constructive criticism only.

oh no, i would never type anything even close to this on one of my papers! that's what i was trying to say. in fact, as funny as it is i was an english minor and a psych major. now i'm working on a masters in counseling so like many students, i have typed many a paper! so when i'm playing around on message boards i usually skip all the punctuation and what not. normally i don't skip the papagraphs like i did in my original post; that was just a brain fart. i can assure you that i have very good writing skills, and would never consider turning in a paper displaying anything but my best work!

this is just how i write on message boards and i can assure you that i'm not an idiot or lazy. just the opposite. my goal is to create a new type of counseling that uses sports as the sole medicine in the healing process for kids who have lost loved ones or face major adversity. there have been programs similar to what i'm trying to do...but no one has seen this type counseling or psychology yet.

well...i guess i'll admit i'm a little lazy when it comes to message boards! thanks for the criticism, and more importantly; thanks for the constructive criticism! on a packers board none the less!:icon_cool:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh no, i would never type anything even close to this on one of my papers! that's what i was trying to say. in fact, as funny as it is i was an english minor and a psych major. now i'm working on a masters in counseling so like many students, i have typed many a paper! so when i'm playing around on message boards i usually skip all the punctuation and what not. normally i don't skip the papagraphs like i did in my original post; that was just a brain fart. i can assure you that i have very good writing skills, and would never consider turning in a paper displaying anything but my best work!

this is just how i write on message boards and i can assure you that i'm not an idiot or lazy. just the opposite. my goal is to create a new type of counseling that uses sports as the sole medicine in the healing process for kids who have lost loved ones or face major adversity. there have been programs similar to what i'm trying to do...but no one has seen this type counseling or psychology yet.

well...i guess i'll admit i'm a little lazy when it comes to message boards! thanks for the criticism, and more importantly; thanks for the constructive criticism! on a packers board none the less!:icon_cool:
As one guy who uses sports as kind of crutches and rely heavily on them, well, it's great when your team is winning... Just one opinion...

And I understood what you were saying. Kind of like brainstorm, eh?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What's up pack fans? i try to make it a habit to come and talk some football to the fans of all the teams the vikes play. it's pretty fun and i always enjoy a different perspective.

Not here to talk any trash because i think running your mouth about something you can't control is really lame! What are your thoughts on this game?

Please stick around there is no reason why SANE and rational Viking fans cant be part of our forum

You are welcome to bring others too!

OP
OP
V

vikeinmontana

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As one guy who uses sports as kind of crutches and rely heavily on them, well, it's great when your team is winning... Just one opinion...

And I understood what you were saying. Kind of like brainstorm, eh?

ya, you're on the right track. we all have our teams and lfe is great when their winning. however, you can take that a step farther and just really appreciate sports and what they can do for you. there are actually several levels. first, is what actually competeing in sports can do for a person. statistically, people who play sports as kids are far less likely to commit crimes as they get older. so that is the first fold. encouraging kids to be active in sports prevents later bad behavior. however, what i'm really interested in is what sports are able to do for a person dealing with the death of a loved one. whether it's playing a sport (favre after his father died) or just watching a sport...i'm convinced that sports can be a major healing tool. now, i'm not so naieve to think that sports is the only answer. people look to many different things to help them grieve. but because i'm so passionate about sports, i'm choosing to use sports. ideally, i'm looking to open my own practice in which i use the stories of athletes, the stories of major sporting events, as well as other sports related subjects to help kids. also, i will use actual live sporting events to boost moral of the kids. i have many ideas and it's still a work in progress but i'm very positive about it. think we can all agree that if you rely on only one team for your happiness you're destined to be unhappy. i know this....i'm a vikes fan. i have yet to end a season happily!

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're welcome; and I'm relieved.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What's this? Another half way intelligent Viking fan on a Packer board. Holy brain fart Batman. Welcome. And I do hope your here not to talk smack.

That makes two SANE* Viking fans on one board! Look out, we might take over! :happy0005:

*Well as sane as Viking fans can be. We have to be a little insane....if you know what I mean.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's this? Another half way intelligent Viking fan on a Packer board. Holy brain fart Batman. Welcome. And I do hope your here not to talk smack.

That makes two SANE* Viking fans on one board! Look out, we might take over! :happy0005:

*Well as sane as Viking fans can be. We have to be a little insane....if you know what I mean.
"THIS guy. I like this guy. This guy right here is great at sarcasm. I call him the sarcasmer!" - Current TV analyst, future Packers HC.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Everyones gotta talk a little smack sometimes. It's part of being a sports fan. I know I have nothing nice to say about the Cowboys and would talk **** on any Dallas forum that I happened upon. As long as it doesn't get personal and you aren't attacking respectable fans themselves, all's fair. If you hate a team, you hate a team, no doubt about it.

Members online

Latest posts