Predictions

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you bought your Baltimore jersey yet? at the very least you should find a Baltimore Ravens forum to annoy, so that we can get on with our business.

Thought this article is odd considering your statement

In Friday's Baltimore Sun, columnist Peter Schmuck writes that the Baltimore Ravens should pass on Favre should he become available, 4 many of the same reasons the Packers may be hesitating to welcome back their former quarterback.

"The same argument can be made in Baltimore that apparently is being made behind the scenes in the Packers' front office," Schmuck writes. "There comes a time when you need to choose a direction and commit to it. The Packers took Favre at his word when he announced his retirement and have spent the offseason gearing the offense to Aaron Rodgers.

"The Ravens have legitimate concerns about the viability of Kyle Boller and Troy Smith, but they have installed a new coach and a new offensive coordinator and appear to be in the midst of a dynamic transition that could be sidetracked if the team gave into the temptation to go 4 a quick fix behind center."

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
dd80forever said:
de_real_deal said:
Zombieslayer said:
Craig Nall wins out the job as starting QB and takes us to the SB.

you're officially a Nall-firster

LOL, Good one man.

Not really. Just shows you guys have no clue when people use the term Favre-firster. Live in your ignorance. It entertains me.

Im proud to be a Favre firster. I never would have started watching the packers if not for favre in 1992. He's the only piece left of that team i loved back then. Kind of like my first love. Naturally i'm going to want him to play on as long as he can. In fact, i hope he plays 5 more years. Trade A-Rod now, i dont care if Brett will stay 5 more years. Why not?? He has 2 more great years left in him and a few more decent years left like Montanas last years.

If that makes me a bad guy, so be it. Coming from you, it means nothing.

I was a Packers fan before Favre so I remember the lean times. I will be a Packers fan forever no matter if Favre is at the helm or not. I realize there comes a time when you have to move on, but that time isn't now. He's coming off one of his best years of his career where we were in the NFC championship game. If Favre wants to play, there is no reason GB shouldn't be more than willing to take him back. If He Does want to and is released, traded or denied I would seriously question the Front Office and thier commitment to winning as would the team in my opinion.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Have you bought your Baltimore jersey yet? at the very least you should find a Baltimore Ravens forum to annoy, so that we can get on with our business.

Thought this article is odd considering your statement

In Friday's Baltimore Sun, columnist Peter Schmuck writes that the Baltimore Ravens should pass on Favre should he become available, 4 many of the same reasons the Packers may be hesitating to welcome back their former quarterback.

"The same argument can be made in Baltimore that apparently is being made behind the scenes in the Packers' front office," Schmuck writes. "There comes a time when you need to choose a direction and commit to it. The Packers took Favre at his word when he announced his retirement and have spent the offseason gearing the offense to Aaron Rodgers.

"The Ravens have legitimate concerns about the viability of Kyle Boller and Troy Smith, but they have installed a new coach and a new offensive coordinator and appear to be in the midst of a dynamic transition that could be sidetracked if the team gave into the temptation to go 4 a quick fix behind center."

yeah i know i saw that too.. and its a good article i think... it really doesnt make that much sense for them either. but apparently the fans in Baltimore feel differently than this reporter.

I actually wouldn't mind him playing in Baltimore. not on our schedule and very very low possibility of seeing him in the playoffs. and not to mention they will possibly have a good draft spot for us to get some picks in return. But like the author says... there comes a time when you have to pick a direction and stick it with. thats goes for Baltimore and Green Bay.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
I have NO idea. Alot depends on if Favre is serious, or just playing games. Who really knows........except him.

Alan it is ALL very serious...
I take it this is from the all knowing all seeing David?
I'm not picking on you LT.........it just seems every time something happens, Favre's pilot seems to think he knows everything thats going on in Brett's mind. And as i remember, it's not always accurate. Like with the retirement thing, and the day we were supposed to hear the big breaking news. I have friends, and if i was famous i bet they would all think THEY knew what i was gonna do. Sometimes they would be right, sometimes not.

Oh....and if it IS serious, why is Favre himself constantly denying it?

As you say what is going through Bretts mind, yes then he is giving his OPINION....and it can be wrong

but when it comes out as specific things ( texting people) and actual events that are said, and then days later hear same thing in the media, ther eis no denying that he does know for a FACT
Did Brett text you? (I'm really asking.....not being a smart you know what)

If it's David letting these "facts" out, i don't understand that. I mean, if you are a famous person, and someone you consider a friend goes blabbing to everyone personal messages you send to them........if it were me, that would be the end of the personal messaging and trust.
But some seem to like being on the "inside", and use stuff like that to show just how much on the inside they are. If i were Brett, that would show me a few things. Of course who knows.........maybe Brett told people to leak this stuff out.
I just don't know who or what to believe about all this anymore.

of course he didnt 8)

I just know I have 100% faith in what Davids says..And that isn't becuase I am star struck or impressed..

Events have happened where I can and do trust what he says.

so if he says Ted wont take Brett back I believe it

If this guy knows this than he knows this from Brett or Brett's conversations with TT while he was in ear shot. If he knows this it means Brett knows this so what are we having any conversation about?

Because you know this guy had no conversations with TT so....

It means Brett HAS ALREADY BEEN TOLD by TT he doesn't want him back. I hardly believe that to be the case as we sit here today, however, it would be the only way this could actually be FACT. Did we not here that TT has yet to return his phone calls?

I have to say I highly doubt this guy KNOWS as much as he has an opinion of where TT may stand. We all have one of those.

I think Davids opinion was right on...

So by Monday a very possible trade will happen

Members online

No members online now.