Predictions for Pick #45 or Second Rd.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good news with that, there are quite a few WR's with high grades still on the board. The bad news, only 1 WR was taken in the first round, so there may be an early run on them.

Tbh, this WR draft isn't very good at the top. Let the people reach for guys. Day 2/3 is where smart GM's win.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good news with that, there are quite a few WR's with high grades still on the board. The bad news, only 1 WR was taken in the first round, so there may be an early run on them.

2 were taken.

But there could be a run on TE's, oline, or pass rushers as well.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you can say that about every position tbh.

There are 1,696 players in the NFL (not including practice squad).

There are 256 players selected every year in the draft.

15% of the total number of players allowed is drafted every single year. There are going to guys who are overdrafted, underdrafted every year. You can't just say Rd 2 pass rushers are a bad idea. Each year, each situation is different. A hard and fast rule regarding the draft should be that there aren't very many, if any, hard and fast rules. ;)

I didnt say taking a pass rusher in round 2 was a bad idea. But it is a critical position in which most are overdrafted. The numbers dont lie.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I didnt say taking a pass rusher in round 2 was a bad idea. But it is a critical position in which most are overdrafted. The numbers dont lie.
and just like QB, it's one of the highest paid positions, so teams probably tend to reach more in hopes of striking it big. But as I put in my other posts, there have been some very good EDGE players selected outside of Rounds 1 and 2.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I assume you mean trade Cleveland our "worst" #1 pick of the 2 we now have in 2019 AND our #147? If that is what you mean, I wouldn't want that, since either one of the first rounders alone will be worth well more than a #35 pick this year. Now if they threw in their #33 pick and we swapped our #45 with their #64, I might be all ears.
I mean trade Cleveland next years second and #147 for #35. Then we pick #35 and #45 in the second round this year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do it now? Just wait on it.

Trading it for two current 2nd rounders is trading low. Don't trade low.

I agree I was just pointing out that it was for two and the crux of my post was that if picks 28-32 are glorified 2nd rounders why can't picks 33-36 be honorary first rounders?

Reaction score
I agree I was just pointing out that it was for two and the crux of my post was that if picks 28-32 are glorified 2nd rounders why can't picks 33-36 be honorary first rounders?
Not sure why that hit my funny nerve? but thank you for the chuckle :laugh:

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and just like QB, it's one of the highest paid positions, so teams probably tend to reach more in hopes of striking it big. But as I put in my other posts, there have been some very good EDGE players selected outside of Rounds 1 and 2.

Yes, but beyond round 2 its a hidden gem and the ideal pick is few and far between. and if you loom at the round 2 trends you wont find much more than 1 guy who panned out each year. id bet on landry. but i think with modern media we are convincing ourselves that there are a lot of possibilities.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Tbh, this WR draft isn't very good at the top. Let the people reach for guys. Day 2/3 is where smart GM's win.

Problem is, we currently don't have a 3rd rounder and the Packers haven't had any luck at all in a long time drafting WR's beyond the 3rd round. Think you have to go back to Driver in what, 1999?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mean trade Cleveland next years second and #147 for #35. Then we pick #35 and #45 in the second round this year.

Would love THAT, but I doubt Dorsey bites. Our second round next year, even by adding the #147 isn't valuable enough to get their #35 IMO.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is, we currently don't have a 3rd rounder and the Packers haven't had any luck at all in a long time drafting WR's beyond the 3rd round. Think you have to go back to Driver in what, 1999?

I would bet the house on us having another pick tonight. No way are we settling with 9 picks 5th thru 7th.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I certainly believe a trade or 2 is going down tonight for us. But I would be hugely surprised if it involved any future years picks when we currently hold another 12?
and no comp picks next year, I don't want to give up 2019 picks for sure.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I would probably take an OL and WR if we can get 2 picks today (which we will) I like Miller, Washington, EQ and Gallup in these rounds at WR, and Hernandez, Noteboom, Williams, O'Neill, Daniels, Okorofor, Smith and Corbett on the OL

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly believe a trade or 2 is going down tonight for us. But I would be hugely surprised if it involved any future years picks when we currently hold another 12?
I don't think there is value in trading up. Trading down makes a lot more sense with the talent level.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is value in trading up. Trading down makes a lot more sense with the talent level.

trading up from the 4th certainly makes sense. we have 12 picks yet. we cant sign all of them.

trade down would really depend on the players available i guess.

Staff online

Latest posts