Predictions for Pick #45 or Second Rd.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Add Austin Corbett to the list of guys I'd love at #45. My top guys are Landry and three interior OL. If they're all gone, look at the wide receivers. If they all gone and the WR run hasn't really commenced, maybe consider moving back a bit for more ammunition that can be used to get back up further into the 3rd round.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t really want O line just yet, we’ve had pretty good success finding guys for the line late or undrafted and coaching them up. We need to take imo either edge or wr or even another cb if a guy like Jackson is still there.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Don’t really want O line just yet, we’ve had pretty good success finding guys for the line late or undrafted and coaching them up. We need to take imo either edge or wr or even another cb if a guy like Jackson is still there.

I think as of right now, my pick is Lorenzo Carter.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am gonna go with

Landry-Chark-Goedert-Kirk

Off hand chance Oliver if we still arent sure of CB.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am gonna go with

Landry-Chark-Goedert-Kirk

Off hand chance Oliver if we still arent sure of CB.

As weak as we were/are at CB, I would be surprised and disappointed in 2-4th round picks on one. Unless of course Jackson or Oliver drops to us. :D But I think those 2 guys are going off quickly in the first 10 picks of the second round.

I think we have more pressing needs now, as well as having King, Williams, House, JA and an assortment of JAGS. Take a flyer on one/two in the 6th, or 7th and of course a few UDFA's. If that doesn't do it, there are still a few FA CB's out there to sign.

Time to go get a WR, EDGE and OL.

Last edited:

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As weak as we were/are at CB, I would be surprised and disappointed in 2-4th round pick on one. I think we have more pressing needs now, as well as King, Williams, House, JA and an assortment of JAGS. Take a flyer on one in the 6th, or 7th and of course a few UDFA's.

As much as I would like to go Edge. Not many seasons have produced much more than one quality pass rushing talent in round 2. If Landry isnt there for our pick I think it is a possible land mine.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
How would everyone feel if we made a trade with cleveland for #35 for #147 and The 2019 second? Then we draft #35 and #45 today. And we got that extra first for next year anyway. Then, go after an Edge or Linebacker (like Harold Landry, Lorenzo Carter, Sam Hubbard or Darius Lenard) and/or a WR Or TE (like dallas Goebert, Mike Geseski, Courtland Sutton or DJ Chark).

Browns have lots of picks and may prefer a second next year with currently 3 2nd round picks. Then we would walk away from the TV at 8:30pm EST with the second best CB in the draft, a top 5 edge/linebacker and a top 5 WR/TE

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As weak as we were/are at CB, I would be surprised and disappointed in 2-4th round picks on one. Unless of course Jackson or Oliver drops to us. :D But I think those 2 guys are going off quickly in the first 10 picks of the second round.

I think we have more pressing needs now, as well as having King, Williams, House, JA and an assortment of JAGS. Take a flyer on one/two in the 6th, or 7th and of course a few UDFA's. If that doesn't do it, there are still a few FA CB's out there to sign.

If we don't go edge in round 2 barring a trade up we aren't getting one. Pickings are already slim. Bu the time round 4 hits every decent edge prospect will be gone

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As much as I would like to go Edge. Not many seasons have produced much more than one quality pass rushing talent in round 2. If Landry isnt there for our pick I think it is a possible land mine.

Oh I don't know about that. Just to name a few:

James Harrison: Undrafted.
Everson Griffen: 4th Rd.
Calais Campbell: 2nd Rd.
Justin Houston: 3rd Rd.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly believe a trade or 2 is going down tonight for us. But I would be hugely surprised if it involved any future years picks when we currently hold another 12?

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean there are certainly hidden gems all over but if you look at the trends of pass rushers a lot of them get overdrafted and few pan out after round 1.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How would everyone feel if we made a trade with cleveland for #35 for #147 and The 2019 second? Then we draft #35 and #45 today. And we got that extra first for next year anyway. Then, go after an Edge or Linebacker (like Harold Landry, Lorenzo Carter, Sam Hubbard or Darius Lenard) and/or a WR Or TE (like dallas Goebert, Mike Geseski, Courtland Sutton or DJ Chark).

Browns have lots of picks and may prefer a second next year with currently 3 2nd round picks. Then we would walk away from the TV at 8:30pm EST with the second best CB in the draft, a top 5 edge/linebacker and a top 5 WR/TE

I assume you mean trade Cleveland our "worst" #1 pick of the 2 we now have in 2019 AND our #147? If that is what you mean, I wouldn't want that, since either one of the first rounders alone will be worth well more than a #35 pick this year. Now if they threw in their #33 pick and we swapped our #45 with their #64, I might be all ears.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The good news with that, there are quite a few WR's with high grades still on the board. The bad news, only 1 WR was taken in the first round, so there may be an early run on them.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean there are certainly hidden gems all over but if you look at the trends of pass rushers a lot of them get overdrafted and few pan out after round 1.

I think you can say that about every position tbh.

There are 1,696 players in the NFL (not including practice squad).

There are 256 players selected every year in the draft.

15% of the total number of players allowed is drafted every single year. There are going to guys who are overdrafted, underdrafted every year. You can't just say Rd 2 pass rushers are a bad idea. Each year, each situation is different. A hard and fast rule regarding the draft should be that there aren't very many, if any, hard and fast rules. ;)

Members online

Latest posts