Predictions for Pick #45 or Second Rd.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Derrius Guice is still there, that was probably one of the biggest surprises to me. He won't be around at #45 and not really a need. I do think we need to go after a WR or if a decent EDGE guy is there.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Equanimeous St. Brown!!!! He played with Kizer and is massive.

Last edited:

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I would be shocked if we don't trade into the 2nd or 3rd round.

We are going to trade into the 2nd with our 2nd? wat?

Or do you think this is madden and we trade all our 5's, 6's, and 7's for a 2nd?

Maybe we trade both our 4ths for a 2nd?

the possibilities are endless in dreamland.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nwosu or Carter.

Unfortunately the trade for Alexander left us with little other options.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
At EDGE, Nwuso, Sweat, Landry, Ogbo, Carter, Key, Hubbard
At WR, Miller, Chark, Gallup, Washington, Kirk
At OL, Daniels, O'Neill, Williams, Brown, Hernandez
At S, Reid, Harrison, Bates, Griffin S/LB
At TE, Goedert, Gisicki
At LB, Jefferson, Warner

Lots of talent, we pick #13 tomorrow ( I just listed 25 guys and left out DL, RB)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Landry is there and we trade back I'm officially on the "I hate Gute" train..... Just saying

Reaction score
One thing I'd like to mention is it's obvious this is a 2yr rebuild so keep that in mind. I think we already have our eye on several players from the 2019 draft class round 1

One idea would be to simplify it.. we're picking 13th tomorrow. I would strongly consider moving up into as early as the top 8 pick or so. Particularly if someone we deem worthy is still there. That will cost us our 2nd rounder and a 4th comp (plus maybe a 7th rounder etc..). We could then parlay our two 5th round comps (#172,#174) to move back into the end of the 4th round so we'd actually be well in front of the 4th comp we lost and we'd have the first pick day 3 and then another pick towards the end of round 4.
We'd also open up again round 5 and then pick right away again with the Saints acquisition trade, so that's a nice grouping of holes on our target by picking 4 times between #101-#147.

My favorites would be:
1. Harold Landry
2. Will Hernandez
3. Josh Jackson
4. Courtland Sutton
5. Connor Williams
6.Dallas Goedert
7. Isaiah Oliver
8. Carlton Davis
*I would be more eager to trade up with the players weighted at the top of this list and descending in intensity as we reach the bottom.

We should start thinking about protecting Aaron Rodgers.. everything relies on him being upright. Either Guard or an excellent pass blocking TE like Goedert is on the menu.
We could also consider taking our CB position from one of a weakness...to one of the strengths of this team by next year. A dose of talent at CB comes in handy when that 1st player goes down (and they will).

Last edited:

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I'd like to mention is it's obvious this is a 2yr rebuild so keep that in mind.

One idea would be to simplify it.. we're picking 13th tomorrow. I would strongly consider moving up into as early as the top 8 picks. Particularly if someone we deem worthy is still there. That will cost us our 2nd rounder and a 4th comp (plus maybe a 7th rounder etc..). We could then parlay our two 5th round comps (#172,#174) to move back into the end of the 4th round so we'd actually be well in front of the 4th comp we lost and we'd have the first pick day 3 and then another pick soon after round 4. We'd also open up again round 5 and then pick right away again with the Saints acquisition trade

My favorites would be:
1. Will Hernandez
2. Harold Landry
2. Josh Jackson
3. Courtland Sutton
4. Isaiah Oliver
4. Carlton Davis
7. Dallas Goedert
8. Connor Williams.

We should start thinking about protecting Aaron Rodgers.. everything relies on him being upright. Either Guard or an excellent pass blocking TE like Goedert is on the menu. We could also take our CB position from one of a weakness...to one of the strengths of this team by next year.
Then hit the pass rush mid draft and early 2019.

I freak out but lots of nice talent out there potentially. Hope Landry falls to us but probably not. Nwosu, Hubbard, and Carter still in the mix.

Some grade Oliver as the 2nd best corner in the draft and he still sits out there. Still an option.

Obviously Goedert would be a neat pick. Probably crazy thinking Graham but can't say I would hate it. Can't forget about Gisecki too.

Lots of WR talent out there. So many highs and lows on all of them I don't really care to think about in rounds 2 or 3 at this point. Especially since we don't have a round 3 pick anymore.

Not sure what to think if we went oline in round 2.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Replace Landry with James and you could've said the exact same thing a few hours ago

I think it is fair to say Packers aren't enamored by Harold Landry. I am probably putting that guy off to the side now. As much as I hate to say that.

Reaction score
Apparently Landry has injury concerns and that has caused him to drop. I never expected him to slide outside round 1. But unless there is something significant we don't know about? He's gone within the first 10 picks round 2

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts