Prediction: Packers play Atlanta week one

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is assuming the Falcons don't epically blow this game.

The Packers have Atlanta as an away opponent next season.

They will be the best team on Atlanta's home schedule.

Seems like a no brainer it will happen.

I sure hope not since it would be a very tough way to start the year, but I see it happening.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad for posting too early.

In my defense, I looked at ESPN's win probability right before posting and it was 99.7% in favor of Atlanta.

Figured I was safe. Guess not.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad for posting too early.

In my defense, I looked at ESPN's win probability right before posting and it was 99.7% in favor of Atlanta.

Figured I was safe. Guess not.
This may actually trump Green Bay's meltdown in Seattle.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may actually trump Green Bay's meltdown in Seattle.

It does to me.

Falcons did the exact opposite of the Packers and never tried to burn clock.

That deep drop on 3rd and one was a bad call. So were the deep drops after Julio's catch.

Run the ball 3x and kick a FG and the Falcons are the champs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point number 1, people are far too concerned with the banged up secondary when it is all about the pass rush. And we are in bad need of pass rushers

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does to me.

Falcons did the exact opposite of the Packers and never tried to burn clock.

That deep drop on 3rd and one was a bad call. So were the deep drops after Julio's catch.

Run the ball 3x and kick a FG and the Falcons are the champs.
First totally agree... terrible play call. It does make me wonder though .... in the same situation... I have a hard time imagining Aaron Rodgers taking that sack.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mind numbing idiotic play calling by Dan Quinn. What a horrendous defense. They just quit in the second half. OT was a joke. What do you do if you are Author Blank?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the praise Matt Ryan gets, he lost that game. And for all the praise Brady will get, White and a choking set of Falcons lead the charge in that comeback

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NE didn't do anything special in the second half. It was just easy completion after completion. For once somebody had worse special teams than the Packers. Why did the Falcons run the ball out on the last two kickoffs? Both kicks go in and out of the end zone. Just incredible choke job by Atlanta.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mind numbing idiotic play calling by Dan Quinn. What a horrendous defense. They just quit in the second half. OT was a joke. What do you do if you are Author Blank?

Team was just in the Super Bowl. Blank won't make any big changes because they aren't necessary.

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uff that was hard to watch. What a sequence of failure. I feel sorry for the defense of the Falcons. They did look awesome in the first half but gassed in the second.

And did I already ask what kind of a terrible play calling for atlanta on offense in the fourth quarter that was? Yuck!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons just had the most gutless collapse in Super Bowl history and changes aren't needed? Really? They choked. That reveals a lack of character in a team. NE didn't do anything that great. The Falcons relaxed when they they taught they had the game won.
Team was just in the Super Bowl. Blank won't make any big changes because they aren't necessary.[/QUOT

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons just had the most gutless collapse in Super Bowl history and changes aren't needed? Really? They choked. That reveals a lack of character in a team. NE didn't do anything that great. The Falcons relaxed when they they taught they had the game won.

You could replace Falcons with Packers, NE with Seattle, Super Bowl with playoffs, and it's the same as the Packers collapse in 2014. Not much in changes were made.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uff that was hard to watch. What a sequence of failure. I feel sorry for the defense of the Falcons. They did look awesome in the first half but gassed in the second.

And did I already ask what kind of a terrible play calling for atlanta on offense in the fourth quarter that was? Yuck!
And Kyle Shanahan is going to be the 49ers head coach. Somehow I don't think he'll be as brilliant with a not nearly as talented offense as Atlanta's.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, they collapsed, but they were still in the Super Bowl.

Big changes are not needed. Remember, the Falcons weren't even supposed to be here, not even close actually.

This is why fans don't run teams. Always want something big to change.

Any change could also do more harm than good as well.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Big changes are not needed. Remember, the Falcons weren't even supposed to be here, not even close actually.

i'm sure they will be remembered now as the biggest chokers in nfl history, and not the team that were underdogs that had a good run and played well in the Super Bowl. This is beyond embarrassing!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True, but at the same time, Atlanta will probably never get another shot at a Lombardi Trophy like this one. In fact, I'd bet the farm the Matt Ryan era Falcons will never see another Super Bowl. The 98 Vikings never got closer to the Super Bowl after their choke job with that high powered offense. Marino was supposed to go back to multiple Super Bowls with that high powered offense after losing in his second year, and even though the 85 Bears won the Super Bowl, their dynasty in the making never came close to materializing. It's just too damn hard.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts