Predicting the '08 draft [merged with other draft threads]

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mock Draft + Draft Rankings...Other things

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/top.html

says we are gonna get Dominque Rodgers - Cromartie (4th best CB)

i think we could really use a cornerback (thats the position i hope we get) anyways hes the fourth ranked corner back... for us to get Mckelvin (rank 1 CB) it would be almost a miracle but i think we might be able to get the 2nd or 3rd ranked one....

what i was thinking this offseason

Pickup Chad Johnson & and good rookie CB = SB

anyway about Chad Johnson everyone saying he's and Ego *****....those kind of players work hard and the media usually just explodes that stuff into something its not. i think he'd be a good addition.

comments?

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hm... interesting. And he's Antonio Cromartie's cousin! If we draft him, he better have the same athleticism and speed.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Some tall WRs in the first round. I wouldnt mind a CB either.

also, my guess is by the 6th

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Mock Draft + Draft Rankings...Other things

Hm... interesting. And he's Antonio Cromartie's cousin! If we draft him, he better have the same athleticism and speed.

From what I saw during the Senior Bowl game and practices, he does. He's really skinny, but with Harris and Woodson still on the team, he'd have time to beef up a bit.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Toronto_Cheesehead said:

From what I saw during the Senior Bowl game and practices, he does. He's really skinny, but with Harris and Woodson still on the team, he'd have time to beef up a bit.

Oh.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It is so hard to know who is still going to be available by the time they get to GB's spot in the draft it is hard for me to get very excited.

If there is a good CB great. If there is a big lineman super. If they go the BPA route that is fine with me too.
No matter who they get I doubt that they will be in the starting lineup in 08.

As of now I do not think all the underclassmen have announced their intentions of entering the draft early so that changes things as well.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I had a dream last night that with there first pick the Packers drafted a quaterback.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I had a dream last night that with there first pick the Packers drafted a quaterback.

Not so much as a dream, as a nightmare. I think were fine with Favre and Rodgers for now (unless Brett quits). We should take a CB with our 1st.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have been a Rogers-Cromartie fan for months so I believe he would be a superior addition to the Packers! I do not believe that Johnson would be a good fit!

Chad has excellent receiving skills but what seperates the good from the great is that in todays NFL -receivers have to see what the QB see's in order for the passing attack to be as effective as a Championship team needs to be. I saw several examples this season where Palmer has a pick or the ball goes 180 from where Chad was and he is yelling at him and drawing across his chest so I don't need another Bill Schroeder even if he has more talent than Billy Short Arms.

Pack88

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DRC just has way too much hype around him now and its all justified but usually hyped prospects end up at teams that suck at drafting, dont be surprised if some shmucj team like the Bengals reach loads for him

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:x You should be praying that TT doesn't do another Harrell draft. GB's WR's are good; need guards, cb's, and Te's in that order.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe Ryan Clady (OT) will still be there...another Boise State alum. While Colledge hasnt done much, I think Korey Hall was a stellar pick and has done amazingly well considering he was a LB who converted to FB.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:x You should be praying that TT doesn't do another Harrell draft. GB's WR's are good; need guards, cb's, and Te's in that order.

Agreed in our needs. We don't need a WR. That would be a waste.

Gregorious will be a Pro Bowler next year. Donald Driver will have his 1000+ yards, most of which hard-gained and well-earned. K-Rob is solid and JJ will eventually replace Driver. I don't see why anyone thinks we need another WR.

I also would like depth at the OT position and maybe another LB (unless MM believes in Hodge). If we draft a QB, that means MM doesn't believe in Nall. I'm saying MM because I'm sure MM and TT communicate their needs well.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wasn't "The Harrell Draft" also the "James Jones, Mason Crosby, Aaron Rouse, and DeShawn Wynn Draft?"

More than just 1 round guys. Also, I am in LOVE with our RB situation. Jackson improved over the years(yet overall a disappointment), Grant came out of nowhere, but people seem to be forgetting about DeShawn "Fatboy" Wynn. He was Grant before Grant was Grant.

Grant\Wynn in 2008, with Jackson spelling them is going to be AWESOME!

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You'd love our RB situation even more if Steve Slaton became a Packer.

Even though Grant is a stud and Jackson is gonna get better, you can never have too many RB's. Ask the Tiki Barber-less NY Giants.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You'd love our RB situation even more if Steve Slaton became a Packer.

Even though Grant is a stud and Jackson is gonna get better, you can never have too many RB's. Ask the Tiki Barber-less NY Giants.

Although I don't think we'll spend a pick on a halfback, Slaton would certainly add another wrinkle to our offense. Not only is he used to running in a ZBS, but since WVU ran a spread, he's capable of running out of shotgun formations, which would make our offense even more dangerous. While I like the full house formation we currently run out of, it tips the play when we go from that to the spread. Whereas a guy like Slaton would allow us to possibly be more like the Patriots, with Maroney being able to gain yards running outta the shotgun.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All this stuff I'm learning about the upcoming draft and the players is great. Keep it coming guys. It gives me something to look forward to during the off season.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe Ryan Clady (OT) will still be there...another Boise State alum. While Colledge hasnt done much, I think Korey Hall was a stellar pick and has done amazingly well considering he was a LB who converted to FB.
clady will be long gone. probably in the top 10

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts