predict who is going to be QB for teams around the NFL

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predict who will start the major of games in 2011.

Arizona - Marc Bulger - Not a whole lot here to work with. They better land Luck next year or Fitz will be leaving.

Buffalo - Cam Newton. This team is the new Raiders, this QB is the new Jarmarcus Russell.

Carolina - Orton. surprise. They dont draft a QB, and they trade for Kyle Orton.

Cincinnati - Carson Palmer. Its a recession, he cant turn down 11.5 million. He is already overpaid.

Denver - Timmy. The Broncos and Elway (VP) has been putting out a bunch of "were not sold on our QB" crap. They are just trying to throw off the draft.

Miami - henne, but I wouldnt be surprised if they went in a different direction.

Minnesota - McNabb. Of course they make a terrible decision.

San Fran - Matt Flynn.

Seattle - Matt hasselbeck. They resign him, he fails to finish the season due to back injury.

Tennessee - the cupboard is bare here. They have to select a QB in the draft. I expect them to start one way too early, and have no clue who they will. Ill just take a guess and say Blaine Gabbert.

Washington - Rex Grossman, I expect them to cut McNabb. The whole thing just didnt work out last season.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona - Kolb, from Philly who also get one of the 3 current reject QBs to be Vick's backup this year (probably Hall)

Buffalo - Ryan Fitzpatrick. they will patch up the D in the draft. besides he threw for 3000 yrds and 23 TDs in 13 games, the owners will reason that those stats are better than anything they could expect from a rookie.

Carolina - Gabbert, first overall pick, and then he gets thrown to the wolves.

Cincinnati - Carson Palmer. We agree on this .

Denver - Orton for the first couple games, if they win he stays, if they lose Tebow is in. Orton is traded before week 6

Miami - Thigpen, because Marshall *****es enough to get his way, and Miami does nothing in the draft to help here.

Minnesota - Brady Quinn.. stupid suggestion yes, however, stupid team.

San Fran - McNabb, they got one ex-Eagle, now they want another.

Seattle - Charlie Whitehurst, they ride his awesome 2010 playoff game into next years top draft pick race

Tennessee -I can see another Kerry Collins type QB here, maybe Leftwich from the Steelers.

Washington - Grossman, seriously 'skins fans, suck a muffler now and save the slow painful death next season will be.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay... Aaron Rodgers

Indianapolis... Peyton Manning

New England... Tom Brady

New Orleans... Drew Brees

San Diego... Phillip Rivers

...... And I'll bet I'm right.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is everyone sure Buffalo is going to get a new QB? I thought Fitzpatrick played well, am I wrong?

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay- Rodgers, Why not, he is the franchise QB of the super bowl winning Packers.

Detroit Lions- Stafford if he can stay health will make the Lions a 2nd or 3rd best team in our Division.

Chicago- Cutlers, but if things look down, it would not surprise me to see Hanie as the starter.

Vikes- Orton, surprised? Nope, they need a QB, and it just so happens Orton has a few buddies on both the team and coaching staff. When he hits the trade block(if there is a cba) look for them to bite on Denver's needs.

Pats-Brady nuff said

Jets- Sanchez

Bills- Jack Locker, Bills will need a QB, not as much as the other "I need a QB" teams, but they still need one.

Dolphins- Henne or Orton- If the Vikes don't trade for Orton this team will. Chad Henne has been a disappointment and now that Chad Penn just got hurt again, they will need a QB, but will not draft one.

Rams-Sam Bradford

Zona- Kolb, only because they seem like the one team whom would give up big to the Eagles, there main goal is to make Fitz happy, giving him a QB should do that.

49ers- Blaine Gabbert, Jim Harbough was just going nuts for the guy and he will want his own guy.

Hawks- Hasselback, unless he goes down then Whitehurst will get the nod.

Indy- Peyton, don't be surprise though if they sign someone in FA, Peyton has yet to get a new contract.

Titans- Young, I think they will still be in the hunt for Orton, but it's clear that they want Young seeing how they just threw there coach out for him. But I would not be surprised if Colin Kaepernick ends up there.

Jags- Christian Ponder- Del Rio likes the guy and he is a former Florida St. player, I think he battles David Garrard, in beats him

Texans- Schaub- some might see them in the hunt for Orton, but Schaub is another Orton. They have other needs on the team thats more important than finding a better QB.

Saints- Brees

Panthers- Cam Newton, he is there guy.

Bucs- Freeman is a freak, he starts who else would?

Falcons- Matty Ice

Broncos- Tebow? This is where I'm not sure, John Elway and Fox have both said that all 3 QB's: Orton, Tebow, and Quinn will duel it out, but I think if Orton gets traded which is likely. Quinn might get the start. He has not look to good so far as a Bronco, but with a new staff, new coach, and better OL than the one he had when he actually got on the field the year before the last, he could do something. But it's 50/50 on him and Tebow. Hecks Elway has also said Tebow is not a sure thing and Denver might look at a QB in the draft or in FA.

Chargers- Rivers

Raiders- Campbell for now, but that can change.

Chiefs- Cassel.

Bengals- Palmer? Maybe, maybe not. He wants out of that city fast, he has even said he would retire if they don't trade him.
So with that said, the Bengals draft Ryan Mallet

Steelers- Little Ben

Browns- Colt McCoy, he has a few bright lights, I think he beats out the rest of that bad QB line-up.

Ravens- Flaco

Giants- Eli

Eagles- Vick

Cowgirls- Romo, but don't be surprised if they sign a QB as insurance.

Redskins- Unless they can trade McNabb, he is there starter.

So thats pretty it on my guess, this is without knowing what other teams need or looking for other than Denver, Green Bay, and Detroit.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way McNabb starts for the skins. I think their starter will be The Sex Cannon in week 1, but either Cam Newton if he falls that far, or Jake Locker will be their starter. I really think they will trade up in round 2 to get him or trade down in round 1.

I think Tebow will start day 1, he's a leader, and he played really well. Plus PR move.

Panthers, Matt Moore will be the day 1 starter, but along the road, could be Newton, Gabbert or even Clausen, if he shows some humilty and leadership.

Jags will be Garrard for the year.

Vikings will be McNabb.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How high would MATTY ICE (Matt Flynn) go in this draft?
Before Christian Ponder? Andy Dalton?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How high would MATTY ICE (Matt Flynn) go in this draft?
Before Christian Ponder? Andy Dalton?
The prospect? Or right now?

Right now, he's the 3rd QB. production-wise, he's better than everyone else. But there's not enough tape to be sure he's a franchise QB, and the potential is much lower than Gabbert or Newton.

I would take him before any of those guys, though. He's a more proven decision maker than any other guy, and that's a big deal in the NFL. He's also very accurate, has great intangibles, and is a proven winner in all stages.

Specially with Carolina's running game and OL, I would be very comfortable with Flynn as my QB. You add a Jon Baldwin and a Kyle Rudolph in the 2nd and 3rd, and you have a very good offense IMHO with Flynn at QB, Stewart/Williams at RB, Steve Smith/Baldwin at WR and Rudolph at TE, plus their solid OL when healthy.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Kolb goes to Arizona. I know a lot of people don't like him but I can see him having a Hasselbackesque career. A deep playoff run or 2. A few pro bowls, but never really considered truly great. Just solid. But that team has some pieces. A solid qb could turn them around. And Fitz wants Kolb so it would make sense in that right too.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Kolb goes to Arizona. I know a lot of people don't like him but I can see him having a Hasselbackesque career. A deep playoff run or 2. A few pro bowls, but never really considered truly great. Just solid. But that team has some pieces. A solid qb could turn them around. And Fitz wants Kolb so it would make sense in that right too.

Exactly, they have already made it clear that there goal it not to make the team as a whole better, or to win a championship, but to make Larry Fitz happy, he wants Kolb, and they will try there best to get him not matter what, and with him they can win that horrid division. Soon as a CBA deal is reached, best believe Eagles will have 50 messages from Zona asking about Kolb.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Panthers - They really like Cam Newton apparently
Broncos - Tebow, they have to give him a chance as full time starter at some point, he was pretty decent in final games last season
Bills - Fitzpatrick, I do not feel they need a new QB when they have a solid guy already
Bengals - In final games, Palmer was decent especially against San Diego
Cardinals - Trade for Kolb when deal is done
Browns - McCoy is solid
49ers - Gabbert? or stay with Smith since Harbaugh might make him competent
Titans - Collins can still hold it together for 1 more year till QB class is great
Cowboys - Romo is back
Redskins - Personally I thought it was harsh to bench McNabb after a 20-19 loss to TB on missed PAT. He was average and not worth his contract but it could have been worse
Vikings - Are screwed
Lions - Bright future if Stafford stays healthy
Rams - Bradford can only get better
Dolphins - Henne isn't too bad, I mean he is a sophomore QB afterall
Jaguars - Garrard is still watchable

All other teams have servicable QB still. Bears need OT, WR and OG more than a QB. Seahawks will draft Locker but Hasselbeck can still lead the team another year.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i kno is someone needs to give vince young a 2nd chance hes not that bad and i kno were good with our qb situation rodgers is like farve - the pics hes alot smarter then farve i think we might be lookin at a dynasty

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
all i kno is someone needs to give vince young a 2nd chance hes not that bad and i kno were good with our qb situation rodgers is like farve - the pics hes alot smarter then farve i think we might be lookin at a dynasty
LOL, Sorry, I needed a good laugh. Quick, two sets of stats. Which one belongs to Vince Young and which one belongs to T. Jackson.

Player A: Comp % 58.7, TD% 4.0 Int% 3.6 Rate 76.6

Player B: Comp % 57.9, TD% 3.5 Int% 3.5 Rate 75.5

Young is an overpriced version of Jackson.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts