Predict the rest of the season

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As is anyone who has the Vikings pegged for a 6 seed.
Make no bones about it. If the Vikings make the playoffs I would be the first one surprised. I was just playing with the playoff calculator. It just shows you how at this point in the season, a lot of team could still make it. Read somewhere that it I would be possible for 5 win time to take the NFC South.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC
1) Arizona (14-2)
2) Pack (13-3)
3) Philly (11-5)
4) NO (7-9)
5) Det (11-5)
5) Dal (10-6)

AFC
1) NE (13-3)
2) Den (13-3)
3) Indy (12-4)
4) Bal (11-5)
5) Mia (10-6)
6) KC (10-6)

Other notes I have the Raiders going 0-16, and the entire AFC north having 9+ wins.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Read a scenario on another forum that if about 6 games break their way this weekend, the Bears control their own destiny for a wildcard spot. Running the table would be needed for that.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make no bones about it. If the Vikings make the playoffs I would be the first one surprised. I was just playing with the playoff calculator. It just shows you how at this point in the season, a lot of team could still make it. Read somewhere that it I would be possible for 5 win time to take the NFC South.

Ah, gotcha. I see your point, and I bet 7-9 takes the South.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will finish 12 and 4 and win the division
Other division winners:
Eagles
Cardinals
Saints

Wild card teams:
Detroit and Dallas

AFC:
Pats
Steelers
Indy
Denver

Wild cards:
Kansas City
Bengals

The Raiders are beating Kansas City right now 14 to 3 !!??

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very surprised to see the Packers run the table. Not only do they play the Patriots and the Lions, but away games against Buffalo and Tampa Bay won't be a walk in the park. Those 2 teams have won some good games. Even the Yuckaneers took care of Wash last week pretty handily, and Atlanta has won 2 straight. If the Packers lose 1 and go 12-4, then they have the NFC North and a bye. If they lose 2 and go 11-5 it's probably a wild card or maybe the NFC North crown. Arizona has a brutal schedule coming up without Carson Palmer. i see them going 3-3.

1. Arizona 12-4
2. Packers 12-4
3. Dallas 11-5
4. NO 8-8
5. Phila 11-5
6. Detroit 10-6

Last edited:
Reaction score
As is anyone who has the Vikings pegged for a 6 seed.
Good news is the chance of This Minnesota anomaly conversation will disappear within 72 hours.. You'd have a better chance being kidnapped by Jack the Ripper and surviving 72+

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using the playoff machine-

AFC
#1- Browns 11-5
#2- Chiefs 11-5
#3- Jets 8-8
#4- Jaguars 7-9
#5- Bengals 10-5-1
#6- Steelers 10-6

NFC
#1- Packers 12-4
#2- Seahawks 10-6
#3- Redskins 9-7
#4- Falcons 8-8
#5- Vikings 9-7
#6 Bears 9-7

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Which two are we going to lose? Bills and Bucs? Vikings and Bills? Or Vikings and Bucs? Those are the options because anyone who would bet against Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau isn't thinking straight.
Have no idea. I'd never bet against the Packers. Each week in the NFL is it's own separate battle. I suspect we'll hit a couple of land mines along the way with teams in desparate need of a victory.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AFC
#1- Browns 11-5
#2- Chiefs 11-5
#3- Jets 8-8
#4- Jaguars 7-9
#5- Bengals 10-5-1
#6- Steelers 10-6

NFC
#1- Packers 12-4
#2- Seahawks 10-6
#3- Redskins 9-7
#4- Falcons 8-8
#5- Vikings 9-7
#6 Bears 9-7

Cardinals?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AFC
#1- Browns 11-5
#2- Chiefs 11-5
#3- Jets 8-8
#4- Jaguars 7-9
#5- Bengals 10-5-1
#6- Steelers 10-6

NFC
#1- Packers 12-4
#2- Seahawks 10-6
#3- Redskins 9-7
#4- Falcons 8-8
#5- Vikings 9-7
#6 Bears 9-7

This would be awesome. Should take this to Vegas. I bet even $1 bet, would make you lots of money.

Interesting that all those bad teams aren't technically eliminated yet.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be awesome. Should take this to Vegas. I bet even $1 bet, would make you lots of money.

Interesting that all those bad teams aren't technically eliminated yet.

Apparently the Raiders are the only team officially eliminated, I couldn't figure out how to get them into the playoffs.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaguars, Redskins, Jet, Vikings, and Bears all in too. Lions out. Looks like red4tribe was just having some fun messing around with the playoff machine.

Thanks. I take everything at face value unless advised it's for fun, sarcasm, or the like. On a sports forum, it's often hard to tell. :)

H

HardRightEdge

I wouldn't attempt to lay out a full playoff schedule. Instead I have one particular observation.

Philly with Sanchez is highly vulnerable to losing their Division and missing out on a wild card to some combination of Detroit, Green Bay, or two teams out of the West.

While conventional wisdom would have the West beating up on each other with a lot of in-division games left to play, I'd put the chances of a 10-6 second place in the West as pretty decent and Philly going 3-3 as fairly decent as well.

I don't see Philly's D as quite good enough to carry Sanchez the way the Jets D did in the playoff years, and Shady McCoy looks to have lost a step or is playing dinged up...he did not look like his past explosive self this past week.

SF already has the head-to-head tiebreaker against Philly sealed up. Seattle plays at Philly in week 14; the two games against Dallas notwithstanding, the Seattle game may well decide their wildcard fate and I don't like their odds in that one.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree that a whole playoff scenario is too much for me. BUT the Packers.... 49ers and Seattle are not the teams that beat up on us any more. Game one Seattle was its best, and we were at our worst. Things have changed. 49ers and Seattle have had injuries, and the magic isnt there anymore IMO... Denver is losing games, and seems historical, and world class in some ways, but limited and beatable in others. Eagles without Foles is not scary at all. Baltimore and Giants are having off years. AFC south is pathetic on all fronts..... Who's left? Pats on a Brady magic? Cowboys? LOL Sorry didnt mean to laugh. Now we're talking Browns or Lions or Arizona(without Palmer). None have the track record to make me scared...

My prediction is Packers vs. Cheifs in the big show. GB wins of course:)

Despite KC laying the egg against Raiders.

H

HardRightEdge

Agree that a whole playoff scenario is too much for me.
It's too much for anybody at this stage whether they care to admit it or not.

I have doubts about Denver as well. Manning's arm strength is not what it once was, and he seems to have problems with accuracy in cold and wind. I seem to recall he's admitted to having problems at times with feeling in the throwing hand and now wears a glove in the cold. You could look at his numbers against NE and they would not tell you he was struggling going into the wind. DEN has 4 games left in potentially cold weather...2 in Denver, at KC and at CIN.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of at the point where I'm rooting against every NFC South team just for the entertainment of having the worst possible division winner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts