Predict Aaron Rodgers 2015 Stat Line

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers has those numbers and we are not in the SB again, something is seriously rotten in the state of Denmark.

vince

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TD: 45
INT: 8
YARDS: 4800
PASS RATING: 106.5
It's crazy to say that's realistic, but he's done that before in 2011 with a lesser line and running game so why not do it again with a superior supporting cast.

His passer rating will be higher with those stats though. Say he goes 340-500 (68% which he also did in 2011 for 9 yds per attempt), that's around 120 - threatening his all-time rating record of 122.5.

Rodgers' biggest threat to putting up historic numbers may be his own defense. That 2011 defense was porous to say the least. That and the weak running game gave Rodgers a lot of opportunity to throw it.

I don't think it's homerism to think this year's defense will be better - much better than 2011 certainly. The offense scoring early and often works against the defense obviously so they'll probably get caught in some shootouts like has been characteristic of them since 2010. But this could be the best defensive squad we've seen since that year.

Man I'm ready for some football.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's crazy to say that's realistic, but he's done that before in 2011 with a lesser line and running game so why not do it again with a superior supporting cast.

His passer rating will be higher with those stats though. Say he goes 340-500 (68% which he also did in 2011 for 9 yds per attempt), that's around 120 - threatening his all-time rating record of 122.5.

Rodgers' biggest threat to putting up historic numbers may be his own defense. That 2011 defense was porous to say the least. That and the weak running game gave Rodgers a lot of opportunity to throw it.

I don't think it's homerism to think this year's defense will be better - much better than 2011 certainly. The offense scoring early and often works against the defense obviously so they'll probably get caught in some shootouts like has been characteristic of them since 2010. But this could be the best defensive squad we've seen since that year.

I hope you're right on the D. It's gonna turn on the play of the new corners, Rollins and Randall, and if someone in addition to CMIII and Peppers can become a consistent, 9 or 10 sack edge rusher. Jones and Perry have a prove- it year ahead. I think the D line and safeties will do well. Really need another edge rusher though.

vince

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do too Joe. Injuries will tell the tale. If Matthews, Peppers and one of Perry or Neal can stay healthy, they should be able to pressure the QB. I think they're pretty well set at edge for this year, but that could change dramatically next year.

If Matthews pulls a groin, Neal tears a bicep and Perry sprains an ankle, then there could be some problems. Peppers is just a freak of nature. I don't see him losing much of a step yet. He may see his play counts go down a bit this year (I hope) to make sure he's ready when it's time for him to make his patented game-tilting play.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They finished 19th that year so I assume you think this is a top 10 defense? I like where your head is at:tup:

D

Deleted member 6794

I like your optimism but I have a hard time feeling the same way about the defense. While the unit improved once Matthews moved inside you have to wonder how much of that had to do with facing five rushing offenses ranked 24th or worse during the second half of the season.

There won't be a lot of new starters on that side of the ball either with a lot depending on Raji's play. Unfortunately I don't trust him until being proven wrong during the regular season.

vince

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They finished 19th that year so I assume you think this is a top 10 defense? I like where your head is at:tup:
As you probably know, they finished 19th in scoring defense on the basis of leading the league in INT in 2011. They were 32nd in total yards allowed. 32nd in passing yards allowed, 27th in sacks. That's fantastic opportunism offsetting a porous defense to keep opponents from scoring enough to finish slightly below average in points allowed.

Last year they finished 13th in scoring defense, 15th in total yards allowed, 10th in passing yards allowed, 9th in sacks, and 7th in INT's - a less porous defense with a pretty good pash rush but half as many interceptions as 2011 (16 vs. 31). The defense improved dramatically (from 25th in scoring defense after 8 weeks and a 5-3 start to 13th by season's end and finishing the year 7-1) when they moved Barrington/Matthews in and Hawk/Jones out.

Maybe the 2015 version won't be better than 2011. Time will tell. I'd say there's good reason to think it will be.

Top 10? They became that at the end of last year even with the Atlanta defensive debacle. If you could magically take out the Atlanta game they'd have been top 5 caliber in terms of points allowed the 2nd half of last year allowing only 18.5 points a game. In the end, you can cherry- pick specific opponents to dis all you want to try to undermine their performance but that's great defensive productivity in the NFL plain and simple. It may be optimistic to think they'll repeat that performance over the course of the whole year but with Matthews probably being more effective than last moving all over the field - top 10 may be optimistic but I don't think it's totally unrealistic by any stretch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

As you probably know, they finished 19th in scoring defense on the basis of leading the league in INT in 2011. They were 32nd in total yards allowed. 32nd in passing yards allowed, 27th in sacks. That's fantastic opportunism offsetting a porous defense to keep opponents from scoring enough to finish slightly below average in points allowed.

Last year they finished 13th in scoring defense, 15th in total yards allowed, 10th in passing yards allowed, 9th in sacks, and 7th in INT's - a less porous defense with a pretty good pash rush but half as many interceptions as 2011 (16 vs. 31). The defense improved dramatically (from 25th in scoring defense after 8 weeks and a 5-3 start to 13th by season's end and finishing the year 7-1) when they moved Barrington/Matthews in and Hawk/Jones out.

Top 10? They became that at the end of last year even with the Atlanta defensive debacle. If you could magically take out the Atlanta game they'd have been top 5 caliber in terms of points allowed the 2nd half of last year allowing only 18.5 points a game.

Points allowed is the best way to measure a defense's performance though.

There's no denying the defense improved in the second half of last season, they faced some terrible offense over that period. The unit did an extremely good job against the Patriots but nearly allowed an epic collapse against the Falcons. Other than that they didn't face any good offenses.

vince

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears - 23
Eagles - 3
Vikings - 20
Pats - 4
Falcons - 12
Bills - 18
Bucs - 29
Lions - 22
Avg. 2014 Pts. Scored Rank for 2nd Half Opponents - 16

D

Deleted member 6794

Bears - 23
Eagles - 3
Vikings - 20
Pats - 4
Falcons - 12
Bills - 18
Bucs - 29
Lions - 22
Avg. 2014 Pts. Scored Rank for 2nd Half Opponents - 16

True, I forgot about the Eagles still having a good offense despite Mark Sanchez being their starter. They looked terrible for most of the game at Lambeau though. Still, the Packers mostly faced subpar offenses, especially rushing the ball.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe the 2015 version won't be better than 2011. Time will tell. I'd say there's good reason to think it will be.

Top 10? They became that at the end of last year even with the Atlanta defensive debacle. If you could magically take out the Atlanta game they'd have been top 5 caliber in terms of points allowed the 2nd half of last year allowing only 18.5 points a game. In the end, you can cherry- pick specific opponents to dis all you want to try to undermine their performance but that's great defensive productivity in the NFL plain and simple. It may be optimistic to think they'll repeat that performance over the course of the whole year but with Matthews probably being more effective than last moving all over the field - top 10 may be optimistic but I don't think it's totally unrealistic by any stretch.
Wow. I knew the D had improved in the second half of the season, but not this much. If the new DBs live up to half of their promise, and Hayward stays healthy at outside CB, 20 to 25 INTs is realistic. Get some consistently good play from the group of ILBs and CMIII and Peppers produce as expected, it could be a good year, an entire year, for the D.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Whats Arod's numbers going to look like this year?
0-0-0
A nightmare scenario where Aaron goes down for the season in the meaningless 2nd preseason game. Scott Tolzien then leads the Packers to SB50 title before cashing in big time in free agency.
(nobody says the predictions have to always be cheery and rosy.)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
0-0-0
A nightmare scenario where Aaron goes down for the season in the meaningless 2nd preseason game. Scott Tolzien then leads the Packers to SB50 title

Well at least you didn't say "Packers talk Brett Favre out of retirement to lead the Packers to the SB title" Although, IMO.....that would be a great story! :p

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
0-0-0
A nightmare scenario where Aaron goes down for the season in the meaningless 2nd preseason game. Scott Tolzien then leads the Packers to SB50 title before cashing in big time in free agency.
(nobody says the predictions have to always be cheery and rosy.)
If it comes true, YOU are da man!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Points allowed is the best way to measure a defense's performance though.

There's no denying the defense improved in the second half of last season, they faced some terrible offense over that period. The unit did an extremely good job against the Patriots but nearly allowed an epic collapse against the Falcons. Other than that they didn't face any good offenses.

Except for Dallas in the playoffs. The Seattle game also shows their potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts