1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Prayer requested....again

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Jun 7, 2008.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    My wife woke me this morning at 6am........she had severe chest pain.
    I rushed her to the hospital. They gave her 2 nytroglycerin pills, and it took away the pain within minutes. They put a nytro patch on her, and admitted her to the hospital. They want to try to get a stress test done on her today. She's scared.........so am I. Her Dad had several open heart surguries and heart attacks.
    So any prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I can't help but wonder if the problems she had a few weeks ago might be linked to this, and they just didn't find it till now.

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My prayers are with you cheesey.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you & LJ will definitely be added to my prayers tonite, cheesy. give her a hug from me, ok? and take care of yourself too.

4. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You and LJ will certainly be in our thoughts Cheesey.

5. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear this Alan. Like you mentioned perhaps this will end up being a good thing if they can find the problem.
    We are praying for both of you.

6. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Alan, although I am not a religious guy, I am keeping your wife and you in my thoughts and hoping everything turns out alright. Take care of yourself also.

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    <--- is rooting for the cheesey family.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Hopefully everything goes well.

[​IMG]

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    You have them full course.. may a quick recovery and effective course of treatment be found.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you EVERYONE for the prayers/thoughts. They didn't get to do the stress test today. She is scheduled for noon tomorrow.
    The cardiologist came in and talked to us. He said her blood work came out good, but with her family history he feels the stress test is the best way to go. He figures it will either show whats wrong, or rule out the heart.
    It's been a long tough day.
    I stayed up at the hospital late, and then she "shoo'd" me out, cause she knew i hadn't eaten anything. So i went to our hang out (George Webbs) and they took good care of me. I'm gonna try to sleep now........I only got 2 hours last night, and i'm pretty much a wreck right now.
    Thank you all again. I really do appreciate it!!!!!

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Lauriejean (my wife) called me this morning. At 3am she had the pain again and trouble breathing. But she's ok now. Guess we just have to wait till noon and the test as the next step. I got about 6 hours of sleep, so i'm at least a little more coherent then yesterday.
    Thank you guys (and gals) again.

12. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Give LJ a hug for me Cheesy, you guys will most definitely be in my prayers. Keep us posted on what is happening. I am sure she will be okay. Its great her blood work came back good.

Love ya my friend

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you Hedder..........I feel so drained........and LJ sounded so down on the telephone this morning.
    One good thing happened.........when i was at George Webb's last night, one of the young ladies that comes in there and calls us "Mom and Dad" asked me how LJ was doing. It was about 10pm, and she thought she couldn't go see her. At the hospital now they allow you to visit at any time if the patient is up to it. So i told the girl and she and her boyfriend went up for a surprise visit. It really made LJ happy.

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats so cool, I remember to that after 8pm you couldnt have visitors glad they changed it. I dont know what the hospital rules are here in CA thank god never had to go to one yet.

What hospital is LJ in Cheesy? St Mary's?

Give her a hug for me when you see her, and give yourself a hug from me to, I know you must be drained from all of the excitement as well. Hope all goes well.

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    :cross:

Good luck buddy

16. Formo

Formo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Although I don't know you personally, I hate to see bad stuff like this happen to people.

I consider it a great honor to be able to pass on prayers for others, and you and your wife are no exception.

Hang tough, my friend.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you Formo! :D

And Packerchick, 4pack, Hedder and Edder, WPR, Wischeez, Packone, Zero, Pack93z and LT!

Got good news........LJ passed the stress test, and the doctors released her at around 6pm. She has to go see her primary doctor sometime this week. They think it's either her gall bladder or something with her esophogus. So it's not life threatening. Just scary and painful as hell.
    THANK YOU ALL for the prayers and thoughts! I truely believe that prayer works (it's even been scientifically proven) so thats why i asked my Packer "family" for help, and you came through!!!
    THANKS again!!! :D

18. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Great news Cheesey. 8)

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sure is Ironman!!!
    I felt like a huge weight has been lifted off me.

Oh, Hedder, she was in St. Marys Ozaukee.

20. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I must have been neglecting the Atrium lately because this is the first time I saw this thread. I'm glad things turned out OK. Hopefully they can pinpoint the problem and take care of her soon.

Dave

21. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We should all be so lucky as to pass a "stress test" :)

Glad things are looking up Cheesey!

22. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Cheesey and LJ,
    Glad to hear things turned out ok. Tell her to take it easy and let you do the stressing.

GEORGE WEBBS????? They still have those places there? How much are the burgers now?

23. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If is is Mrs C's gallbladder I feel her pain. Had mine out about 10 yrs ago. Many times they do think it is a heart attack before they get the diagnosis completed.

24. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    6 for 5 bucks if Brewers score 5 or more runs

25. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Great news Cheesy!! Glad she passed all the tests and its not life threatening. Prayer does work!!

St. Marys Ozaukee, thats the hospital in Port Washington right or is it in Grafton?