Practicing outside

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When will the Packers practice outside no matter what?

I'm not saying this cause Lombardi always practiced outside, I'm saying this cause it seems to work...ask the Bears and Giants.

Frozen footballs are a good too, but correct me if I'm wrong...they will freeze if its less than 32 degrees outside too...right?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frozen footballs that are inside where its warm will thaw out rather quickly and its almost pointless to do it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot, the giants practiced every single day outside...thats why they looked so good out there

8)

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is something to be said for being conditioned for that kind of environment. If practicing outdoors brings back the Lambeau mystique, then I am all for it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oakland game this year it was 128 degrees, I was there and know it was chilly..they won pretty easily

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you probably accomplish more inside, but there is something to be said for conditioning your body to playing in those conditions. Maybe this is something they should at the very least consider.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When will the Packers practice outside no matter what?

I'm not saying this cause Lombardi always practiced outside, I'm saying this cause it seems to work...ask the Bears and Giants.

Frozen footballs are a good too, but correct me if I'm wrong...they will freeze if its less than 32 degrees outside too...right?

I heard that the Giants practiced outside once last week, but it was around 45 degrees in New Jersey. I never heard anything about the Bears practicing outside before that game in Chicago. Somebody let me know if you heard otherwise.

OP
OP
A

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, if it wasn't that the other guys were more conditioned to the cold, I guess we got a bunch of wussies who let the cold and elements get to them?

OP
OP
A

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said that and agree, BUT, I think a BIG part of the reason we were outplayed was because they were either cold or because it was cold outside.

Favre looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. Receivers looked fragile.

ESPECIALLY the second half, the Giants looked like they weren't cold at all and thus wanted to be in the SuperBowl more. Packers looked like a Florida team who wasn't used to the weather.

That was my take on it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that its hard to breath outside in that EXTREME cold..But the giants were not any more prepared for it then the Packers were..

Jimmy Johnson said it best last night..

You can not TEACH and COACH the game plan when its cold like that outside.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should have practiced outside all week, The more you're in it the more comfortable you get, as far as the teaching goes that can be done inside, but the run throughs and your everyday conditioning needs to be done outside, Two games this year the Packers looked like they would rather be anywhere than on that field, that's because they are not use to it. What's next they'll build a dome in Green Bay? It's time these guys sit their purses down and practice outside!

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
once again HOLMGREN didnt have his teams practice outside and it worked for them
well who cares what holmgren did that was a decade ago, and that team had plenty of veterans who knew what it was like to play in the cold this is a young team, that needs more preparation, like practicing outside

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well who cares what holmgren did that was a decade ago, and that team had plenty of veterans who knew what it was like to play in the cold this is a young team, that needs more preparation, like practicing outside

so by your statement, sense Brett had an off night, he doesnt know what its like to play in cold?

Trust me I see what your saying, and I would agree that having SOME outside practicing, but not all of it..Maybe ONE series for each side of the ball

ClassyGiantsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention our benches weren't heated during the first half..

I didn't think the cold played much of a factor. Both quarterbacks were still able to make good throws, but only one was able to do so for the most part.

OP
OP
A

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Emotion and enthusiasm is infectious.

I believe that if this team was prepared properly you wouldn't have seen such a lackluster performance in the second half. I believe the cold got to the team. They couldn't just turn on the juice when they needed to for an extended period of time which ****** me off cause those fans were freezing their ***** off supporting a team who was laying an egg.

This team is better than that. You know it. I know it. And THEY know it.

I don't think this team was prepared for the cold and I don't think this team made adjustments needed to win the ballgame.

I do agree that walkthrus and learning stuff can be done inside, but I do think for the simple task of getting a team prepared a couple hours of practice, or couple practices should be in the elements the game will be played in.

OP
OP
A

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way you are going to convince me that the Giants as a team are better than the Packers.

The Giants were the better team LAST NIGHT. They played better in all aspects of the game.

There are reasons for why the Giants were better in that game. I am pointing out what I believe is one of those reasons.

Members online

Latest posts