• Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

Myles White has been signed to the PS.

Source: Ryan Wood, Press Gazette

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score

Jason Wilde: S Banjo, WR Dorsey, C Gerhart, WR Gillett, RB Hill, LB Hubbard, TE Perillo, DE Robinson, T Vujnovich, WR White.

Wood's makes more sense. I never trust Wilde. He's always getting stuff wrong.
From the Packers website under "Packers announce practice squad":
Signed to the practice squad were S Chris Banjo, WR Kevin Dorsey, C Garth Gerhart, WR Alex Gillett, RB Michael Hill, LB Adrian Hubbard, TE Justin Perillo, DE Luther Robinson, T Jeremy Vujnovich and WR Myles White.
You sure it's Wilde always getting stuff wrong?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO it's funny you cite an example of Wilde being correct in the same post you say he's always getting things wrong. BTW, I see you edited your post in which you said Wilde's didn't make sense because they wouldn't be keeping 3 WRs.

If the biggest criticism of Wilde is getting the names of players wrong while tweeting it reinforces my opinion of him as a pretty good sports writer.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I heard something about an injury settlement with Goodson. Maybe Rolle is going to the 53 after all, where he belongs. :sneaky:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If we do look at what Ryan Wood said, it could simply be that Rolle went home so he couldn't sign his contract to go on the PS. Wood said he has a source that says Rolle will be put on the PS tomorrow, so that's what I'm expecting to happen.

Yeah. Goodson's spot could be getting cleared out for someone else coming in.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Goodson's spot could be getting cleared out for someone else coming in.

I don't get it. They couldn't have cut him yesterday, but they can cut him tomorrow. So in other words he was injured yesterday and isn't injured anymore? The does not make any sense when they don't want him back (they could just IR him and reach a settlement). It only makes sense when it is a very short term injury (until tomorrow), and they want him on the practice squad now (and not over 6 weeks). And why is Rolle home, and not one of the receivers?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't get it. They couldn't have cut him yesterday, but they can cut him tomorrow. So in other words he was injured yesterday and isn't injured anymore? The does not make any sense when they don't want him back (they could just IR him and reach a settlement). It only makes sense when it is a very short term injury (until tomorrow), and they want him on the practice squad now (and not over 6 weeks). And why is Rolle home, and not one of the receivers?

Well there is obviously still some "shifting and moving" going on. Just gotta wait and see how it shakes out.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would think they have moved on from Charles Johnson but your guess is as good as mine. Everybody seems to think lineman.
I think so also but I saw where he was waived and figured this a good spot to drop the tidbit. He is practice squad eligible though, no?

H

HardRightEdge

At 5:30 PM today Hodkiewicz and Wood reported the following:

"The [practice squad] list does not include CB Jumal Rolle, but a source told Press-Gazette Media that Packers will sign Rolle to their practice squad on Monday. To do that, they'll have to release someone they signed today."

They also reported that Banjo fills one of the new veteran PS slots. Evidently, White qualifies for "standard" PS.

If this report is correct, I would guess one of the 3 WRs signed to PS will be released. It would make sense that Rolle would go to PS; we're fully stocked at DB for this season.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...-re-sign-wr-white-to-practice-squad/14901179/

There has been another report attributed to Demovsky that the Packers have worked out, "T Michael Bamiro, T Manase Foketi, G Adam Gettis, and DB Robert Steeples."

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-bears-browns-cowboys-packers/

I believe all of these guys are PS eligible under the "standard" rules.

However this shakes out, the workouts indicate there is keen interest in adding an O-Lineman, evidently to PS, which would result in another PS cut if any of them are signed.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the NFL would go ahead and expand rosters as well as practice squads.

Seems obvious if the league is serious about extending the regular season, but it would improve the sport either way.

BenLinus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I have to have a certain number of replies before I can create my own thread?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers sign CB Jumal Rolle to the practice squad, release WR Alex Gillett.

Members online

Latest posts