Power Rankings

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couldn't care less
not to be a grammar ****, but i'll take the opportunity to fix one of the like 90% of people who get that wrong

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
couldn't care less
not to be a grammar ****, but i'll take the opportunity to fix one of the like 90% of people who get that wrong

Just a reminder;

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/

Spelling Mistakes and Typos:
If anyone here every has an issue with how someone types, spells, or using the wrong word---for instance

Receiving core and not receiving corp (we had to lay this out perfectly because some posters were confused)

Please do not point out the mistakes in the forum. Send that person a pm please. Your going to open up a whole mess that no one wants to deal with. Be respectful of the person and not embarrass them in front of their fellow Packer and NFL fans.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The only power rankings that matter is the one that gives us the last pick in the first round of the draft. Lower is better in that one.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couldn't care less
Breaking the Rules Dude you don't talk about anyone's grammar !!!!!!!!!:cautious:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a reminder;

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/

Spelling Mistakes and Typos:
If anyone here every has an issue with how someone types, spells, or using the wrong word---for instance

Receiving core and not receiving corp (we had to lay this out perfectly because some posters were confused)

Please do not point out the mistakes in the forum. Send that person a pm please. Your going to open up a whole mess that no one wants to deal with. Be respectful of the person and not embarrass them in front of their fellow Packer and NFL fans.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

alan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been saying this since before the start of the season, we are the best team in the NFC and its going to be us and the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could careless about power rankings worry about one game at a time and winning and seeing where we are at the end of the next three games !

Well, then, feel free not to read or post to a thread with a Power Rankings title.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting look, not that it means a lot. But I am much higher on Pitt, though Im not sure they will even make the playoffs LMAO
Pitt and Seattle will be favorites first game in the playoffs, regardless of seeding. I don't think Carolina wants to face Seattle in a no. 1 vs no. 5 matchup, and nobody in the AFC wants Pitt if they stay as hot as they currently are.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pitt and Seattle will be favorites first game in the playoffs, regardless of seeding. I don't think Carolina wants to face Seattle in a no. 1 vs no. 5 matchup, and nobody in the AFC wants Pitt if they stay as hot as they currently are.

It's funny because this years Pittsburgh reminds me a lot of our 2011 team. Decimated by injuries to Bell and Big Ben half the year. They are finding their groove right now and it's a scary prospect the way they can light up a scoreboard against anyone.

Call me stubborn but I still don't believe in Carolina, I really could see them going 16-0 and then going 1 and done in the playoffs against just about anyone that makes it in (besides Minny because I think they are similar teams just Carolina right now does it better.)

If the Packers can string together some confidence though I think the NFC is pretty open, Seattle and Arizona are scary prospects but likely Seattle game would be in GB. And Arizona just from watching a couple games through the season of theirs don't seem unbeatable.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm Pittsburgh I'd be ticked. Red hot, 8-5 and on the outside looking in. Meanwhile in the NFC, a bunch of 6-7 teams are right in the thick of it.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been saying this since before the start of the season, we are the best team in the NFC and its going to be us and the Pats in the Super Bowl.
Good for you I agree and we have one of the best HC's in the NFL !

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If I'm Pittsburgh I'd be ticked. Red hot, 8-5 and on the outside looking in. Meanwhile in the NFC, a bunch of 6-7 teams are right in the thick of it.
Yeah that AFC side has only winning teams lined up. Of course that'd leave the AFCS out. Indy/Houston might not have a winning record either.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that AFC side has only winning teams lined up. Of course that'd leave the AFCS out. Indy/Houston might not have a winning record either.

It used to be considered an aberration for 8-8 or worse teams to get in the playoffs . Is it just me or is it becoming the norm?
I think of teams like the '67 Colts and '63 Packers.
The Colts lost one game all season- the last game of the season- and missed the playoffs.
No team won more games in '63 than the Packers. But their only two losses were to the Bears, enabling them to win the conference and then the NFL title.
The guys still alive from such teams must shake their heads in disgust at today's state of affairs.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It used to be considered an aberration for 8-8 or worse teams to get in the playoffs . Is it just me or is it becoming the norm?
I think of teams like the '67 Colts and '63 Packers.
The Colts lost one game all season- the last game of the season- and missed the playoffs.
No team won more games in '63 than the Packers. But their only two losses were to the Bears, enabling them to win the conference and then the NFL title.
The guys still alive from such teams must shake their heads in disgust at today's state of affairs.

I think it's just a result of parity in the NFL.... It takes a lot to separate yourself from the rest of the league now.

I actually like it. But what I don't like is teams with better records not making the playoffs. Should be the best 12 teams regardless of where they come from.

But owners will never give up their free home game for winning the division. Or admit their division doesn't deserve to be in. So i think this is the system we are stuck with.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

When the league went with the 8-4 team divisions I recall alot of discussion about this exact scenario. Every year lately the NFC has had a stinker division. Fortunately it isn't always the same division. They've all had their turn.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind the expanded playoffs. The 7-9 Seahawks upset the mighty New Orleans Saints in the playoffs and spawned "beast mode." That was one of the better games that I've seen in years. Luckily the Bears took them to task and we got to beat Cutler in the championship game.

Everyone loves the cinderella story in the NCAA basketball tournament.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's just a result of parity in the NFL.... It takes a lot to separate yourself from the rest of the league now.

I actually like it. But what I don't like is teams with better records not making the playoffs. Should be the best 12 teams regardless of where they come from.

But owners will never give up their free home game for winning the division. Or admit their division doesn't deserve to be in. So i think this is the system we are stuck with.

I consider it more mediocrity now than parity.
But this was the league's goal; as many teams in it for as long as possible means more fans interested = more money.
Mission accomplished.

Latest posts