Power Rankings??

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah that is crazy...only thing I can think off is that the guy sees those 2 teams as showing more upside right now

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awe... let's go with the first list. At least there's an explanation for why each team is where they are.

Plus I'd rather the talking heads continue to make GB the underdog! They're wrong most of the time anyway and it keeps the team focused on proving they are good.

GO PACK GO!!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of a goofy list. I suppose one could argue that the Giants have momentum, based on five wins in a row, but I'm still not buying it. And I'm not so sure the Chargers are "fixed" either.

I always find it funny how national sportswriters love the Jaguars and Titans. I think it's because those teams have more of an old-school style of play. Which is just another way of saying that they play good defense (usually) and have lousy passing games. By the way, the Packers' #1 units outplayed both those teams' #1 units in the preseason.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez , The Giants have one of the easiest 5 game stretches in NFL history.

(Fox Rankings)

#27 Philly
#28 Atlanta
#29 Jets
#30 San Fran
#32 Miami

And only 1 of those is a legitimate road game.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed we were 9th on this list last week so apparantly we will have to run the table just to get above all other NFC teams so whoever is behind this list has no choice but to put us up there.

Anybody that puts the Giants that high is missing some serious brain cells.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went back to check and the Giants have beaten the Jets, Atlanta, and, San Francisco the last three weeks who are a combined 0-11 over the last four weeks.

This week they get the mighty Dolphins. That should be good enough to put them up to second, eh?

As soon as they start playing actual football teams like they did early I am certain Manning will revert to his normal self.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kind of ridiculous. Of the 0 or 1 loss teams, only Us and the Colts have opponents with combined winning records (21-19 for us and 20-18 for the Colts I think).

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
There is a certain "shock and awe" to these.. the more they **** people off the more attention or "hits" on a website they get.. worthless for the most part.

What matters is what the other teams around the league think and gameplan for ... or og course us fans ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if they put us #32.
All that matters is where we actually are at the end of the year. I bet the players see these lists, and it just makes them want to prove them wrong even more. No one is patting them on the back.....which to me is good!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This usually happens during a bye week. A team will slip a bit, just because they didn't play that weekend. Once we beat Denver, we'll slide back up.

EDIT: There are also two rankings lists on Yahoo. One had us a 5th and the other at 3rd. I, personally, would probably put us 4th.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
3rd on this one heh
hah redemption

Careful beating your chest on a 3 ranking going into Denver after your bye week. Could just fumble the game away only to tie it up and lose at the buzzer... :roll:

Who's beating their chest? I've said the Packers are anywhere between 7th - 9th best. Don't much care what they rank us, but I like to read why they ranked us where they did. I find it amusing. As long as we win on Sunday, Monday or Thursday when ever the hell we play, I'm down with that jiggity!! :)

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's ok, put us #32. IMHO those boys will be comin' out like a caged tiger...hungry and ready for blood! I myself at one point said if we played the Giants right now it wouldn't be as much of a blowout, but we'd still win. I didn't take into consideration the cream puff schedule they've had these last four games. I now change my stance on THAT!

Don't forget the Giants are a major market and the "in the knows" need someone like that for salad tossing. It'll all work out when we get the Giants at Lambeau in January.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a question on one of the espn shows today that asked "Who is the best NFC team, the Cowboys or the Giants". I was shocked.

Edit: I hope they were talking about best NFC East team.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
Zero2Cool said:
3rd on this one heh
hah redemption

Careful beating your chest on a 3 ranking going into Denver after your bye week. Could just fumble the game away only to tie it up and lose at the buzzer... :roll:

Who's beating their chest? I've said the Packers are anywhere between 7th - 9th best. Don't much care what they rank us, but I like to read why they ranked us where they did. I find it amusing. As long as we win on Sunday, Monday or Thursday when ever the hell we play, I'm down with that jiggity!! :)

Didn't mean you were. It's just that Pittsburgh was in exactly the same spot a week ago...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see today that Dr. Z. of Sports Illustrated has the Giants ahead of the Packers as well. I know that these power rankings are meaningless, but I'm still irritated when the Packers are ranked lower than they should be. Part of the fun of your team playing well is seeing them get noticed by other fans and sportswriters around the country.

I have to admit, though, that the Packers' lack of a running game so far has given people reason to believe that they are not going to be able to keep piling up wins as the season continues. We shall see.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I was watching the NFL network recently, and Terrell Davis of ALL people (yes, I'm being honest) ranked the pack in his top five (5th). Even the other two guys didn't have the pack on there. I thought that was super surprising after how many shots he took at us earlier in the season. Just thought I'd throw that one out there . .

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the NFL network recently, and Terrell Davis of ALL people (yes, I'm being honest) ranked the pack in his top five (5th). Even the other two guys didn't have the pack on there. I thought that was super surprising after how many shots he took at us earlier in the season. Just thought I'd throw that one out there . .

Maybe it's because it will make his Broncos look better if they beat the Pack this week--and not so bad if they lose.

NJPackFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Power Rankings mean nothing to me, or the players on the team. They just need to go out and win every game and the best teams will prove themselves by the end of the season.

God would I love to see us run all over the Broncos. They haven't been able to stop anyone on the run all year, and with our front guys on D, I foresee massive pressure in Cutler's face Monday!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We faced a dying NYG team.

Even I think that was kind of cheap.

Now they got their players back.

that is no excuse, a loss is a loss. every player on the team is expected to play good because that is what they are getting money for.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
There was a question on one of the espn shows today that asked "Who is the best NFC team, the Cowboys or the Giants". I was shocked.

Edit: I hope they were talking about best NFC East team.

I saw that too!!

I shat my pants, picked it up and threw it at the TV saying "THE FORKING PACKERS BEAT THE GIANTS!!"

Staff online

Members online