1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackFanInSC, Sep 25, 2007.

1. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Week 3 Power Rankings

Fox Sports:
    #5 - Green Bay silenced its early-season critics on Sunday, coming from behind and beating San Diego 31-24 in Lambeau. Brett Favre's game-sealing fourth quarter 57-yard touchdown strike to Greg Jennings both put the game on ice and put Favre on top of the career touchdown list with Dan Marino at 420. The rally marked Favre's 38th career fourth-quarter comeback. If I were asked to vote on the 2007 MVP right now, I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone other than No. 4. He looks like the No. 4 of '96, the defense looks terrific, and the fans are in a frenzy. Breakout those foam Cheesehead hats. Green Bay is now 3-0 with a trip to 1-2 Minnesota on Sunday.

CBS Sportsline:
    #5 - So who's the party crasher, trying to get behind the velvet ropes to join the VIP set? It's the Green Bay Packers, led by an old-man quarterback who plays the game with youthful enthusiasm and a defense keyed by a pair of corners who play in-your-face coverage.

Packers quarterback Brett Favre and his quest for Dan Marino's touchdown record, which he should get this week, might be the highlighted story when it comes to this team, but it shouldn't be the only one.

The offensive line, which started three rookies a year ago, has come together and become a top-notch unit. They kept Favre pretty clean against the San Diego Chargers in their upset victory.

The defensive line, keyed by defensive ends Aaron Kampman and Cullen Jenkins, is a good group and the linebackers, with rising starA.J. Hawk, are active.

In the secondary, Charles Woodson and Al Harris play a fun brand of corner, their ability to match up the reason the Packers can load up to stop the run. Safety Atari Bigby is a rising star.

The Packers are fifth in the latest CBSSports.com Power Rankings. That victory over the Chargers validates them.

It also gives me ammunition to fire back at all my co-workers -- you know who you are -- who laughed at me on our conference call last Friday for picking the Packers to win that game.

Any and all apologies would be accepted.

Peter King, CNN Sports Illustrated:
    #5 - How sweet it would be for Favre, sitting on 420 touchdown passes, to break Marino's record this week at Minnesota, with all the anti-Pack vitriol that's filled the Metrodome. For the record, Favre's 3-1 since 2003 in Minneapolis, but only 5-10 there in his career.

-----------

I will post more when I find them. The concensus is pretty much NE at 1, Indy at 2, Pittsburgh at 3, Dallas at 4, GB at 5. Can't really argue with any of that.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Week 3 Power Rankings

we have two postings .. yay :p

4. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Week 3 Power Rankings

Check the time -- I beat you by 1 minute

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Week 3 Power Rankings

Yeah, but you just bumped ur competition with that post! lol :)

6. MassPackersFan

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Week 3 Power Rankings

I know you did... I was too busy messing with ESPN and their stupid forwarding URL to the main page. :lol:

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Week 3 Power Rankings

caaaaaaaaatfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

8. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that is funny.

9. MassPackersFan

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok we'll rock your power rankings thread, and rightly so.

ESPN: Link

So they're naming us favorites at Minnesota, home vs. the Bears, and home vs. the Redskins. Who would have considered this possible before the season began (not the team doing so well, but the national media's opinion of it)?

10. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    enjoy it... if we lose next week (i dont think we will) they will rank us 25th again. knee jerk is in our favor at the moment

11. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its incredible how good we are this year. I LOVE this attention

12. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As long as the attention doesn't get to the players' heads. I don't think it will, though. They have to be hungry every week and we have to stay healthy.

If we can establish the run our offense will be even better. We just won't do that this week against MN or the following week against Chicago. It's like we're playing all of the top run defenses in the first 5 weeks. Ouch. Guess we'll have to pass :)

13. NJPackFan

NJPackFan Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really looking forward to that Monday Night game in Denver. I think that we definitely could be 6-0 by that game, but I won't be disappointed with 5-1 either.

14. °Jacob°

°Jacob° Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thats what im worried about too..it getting to there heads, mainly because they have a young team... anway i think they deserve even higher maybe...can't believe baltimore was above them on that one ranking.

15. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree... I hope that we don't have a repeat of the Milwaukee Brewers.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i don't see that happening. There are football players who are in it for the 3 P's, as has been discussed before (party, paycheck, & pussy). THEN there are football players who are in it to play football, like Hawk, Harris, Woodson, Jenkins, KGB, Kampman, Pickett, Driver, & Jennings. These are the type of guys who don't get caught up in the hype. If there's one thing I'm not worried about, it's whether or not our team shows up ready to play.

17. jessefly

jessefly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yep, you just basically listed my favorite players......i would have never expected the start weve had.....anyone thinking deep playoffs? superbowl?

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm trying not to, to be honest!

19. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been thinking 16-0 Superbowl since long before this all began!

Then again, I do EVERY Year.

But I still root for them one game at a time!

20. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no doubt Obi that you were the 1st to perdict the team would go 16-0 no 18-0 and be in the SB.

21. olddavid

olddavid Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:agree:

22. olddavid

olddavid Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good thing with most young teams is that they are hungry. No different with these guys.