Pouncey Officially Out!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone posted this yesterday, the general consensus being it would have been better for him to play because he was only at 50%. I don't think it will affect the outcome, the new guy got the job done versus the Jets (other then that one safety).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't of been good for the Steelers either way. If he played injured, he'd just be a liability. I feel bad for him in a way. It must suck to have to miss the SB.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yinz might take notice that the classier visitors among us always give respect where it's due and don't intentionally misspell the names of opposing players. Just sayin'.

Aaron Smith being out ain't news for us. Ziggy has done an outstanding job in his place, so I ain't worried about that.
Bronco definitely isn't at the level of Pouncey, so the matchup between him and the freezer will definitely bear watching.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yinz might take notice that the classier visitors among us always give respect where it's due and don't intentionally misspell the names of opposing players. Just sayin'.

Aaron Smith being out ain't news for us. Ziggy has done an outstanding job in his place, so I ain't worried about that.
Bronco definitely isn't at the level of Pouncey, so the matchup between him and the freezer will definitely bear watching.

Yeah, Smith has been out since what? Octorber? That doesn't even factor in.

Pouncey is another story. Kitten is right though. If he played hurt it could have been even worse because his mobility would be limited. Legursky will have his hands full.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Smith has been out since what? Octorber? That doesn't even factor in.

Pouncey is another story. Kitten is right though. If he played hurt it could have been even worse because his mobility would be limited. Legursky will have his hands full.

Agreed. My sources tell me that it was actually Pouncey's call whether to play or not and he *chose* to sit. I think that shows a lot of selflessness and maturity for a rookie.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His back up, Legursky is a 3 yr vet, knows the system and is a quite capable fill in, he won't miss a beat.

He's never started a game at center in his NFL career and will have to make all the line calls. Not the easiest game to break in at the position to say the least.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's never started a game at center in his NFL career and will have to make all the line calls. Not the easiest game to break in at the position to say the least.

We have a saying on our team: There's no such thing as a backup. All just starters-in-waiting.
Bronco did a fine job against NY other than the botched snaps and I'm sure they've been working on that the last 2 weeks.
He'll either be up to it or he won't. *shrug*

Reaction score
Yeah, considering that Pouncy went out early, and the Jets who have a better pass rush than the Packers couldn't stop Mendenhall is telling.

Mendenhall has field days against teams like the Pack. It's going to be a thing of beauty. In fact Mendy is my pick for MVP.

Reaction score
Yeah, considering that Pouncy went out early, and the Jets who have a better pass rush than the Packers couldn't stop Mendenhall is telling.

Mendenhall has field days against teams like the Pack. It's going to be a thing of beauty. In fact Mendy is my pick for MVP.

Sir Matthews will have something to say about this. He and Raji will have their way with *BEN* and force the Steelers to be a one dimensional team. If all you can do is run then you aren't going to score very much if at all. It will be nothing but FG's for you if that happens. And in the mean time Rodgers will tear up your secondary and Starks will keep your linebackers in check.

Reaction score
Sir Matthews will have something to say about this. He and Raji will have their way with Rapelesburger and force the Steelers to be a one dimensional team. If all you can do is run then you aren't going to score very much if at all. It will be nothing but FG's for you if that happens. And in the mean time Rodgers will tear up your secondary and Starks will keep your linebackers in check.

Keep thinking that. The Steelers will definitely have a balanced attack. They are not just all run. But, they will use the run to keep time of possession in their favor. Considering how poor Green Bay is against the run, I can see Mendhenhall getting 20 yard runs quite a few times during this game.

You guys are far from the Ravens in stopping the run.

Matthews is also overrated. I can't wait till he gets popped a few times by Miller/Ward/Redman.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep thinking that. The Steelers will definitely have a balanced attack. They are not just all run. But, they will use the run to keep time of possession in their favor. Considering how poor Green Bay is against the run, I can see Mendhenhall getting 20 yard runs quite a few times during this game.

Matthews is also overrated. I can't wait till he gets popped a few times by Miller/Ward/Redman.
Thanx for the laughs!

:laughing: :kawaii: :jester: :rotfl: :rofl: :grin:

(Now where is that "I'm with stupid" T-shirt when I need it?)

Reaction score

Now I know you're not for real. I almost died and fell off my chair laughing.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really?

Is that why the Packers had more sacks than the Jets and only one less than your Steelers?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we had 7 more sacks than the Jets this season. Come on man if your going to put down our team at least have some idea of what your talking about otherwise you just look foolish and no one will be taking you seriously.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Really?

Is that why the Packers had more sacks than the Jets and only one less than your Steelers?

The Jets defense had an okay pass rush, but it was inconsistent, and I don't think they played an entire 60 minutes of football in any game all year. Their D would have one really good quarter, and suck for the other 3. They had the same issue with their offense. Neither side of the ball ever played a complete game.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
we had 7 more sacks than the Jets this season. Come on man if your going to put down our team at least have some idea of what your talking about otherwise you just look foolish and no one will be taking you seriously.

My own personal opinion is this: The Packer offense is very similar to the New England Offense, except the Packers also have a deep threats that the Pats don't have. The Steelers had no defense against the short and mid-range passes, the slants, etc so they changed their D after that game. With the deep threat, those changes will mean less.

Your defense is a lot better than the defense that the Pats fielded, with a very solid pass rush, an excellent secondary, and good veteran leadership.

I think, therefore, that the Steelers D will struggle with the Packer offense, and GB will capitalize on that. In turn, the GB defense will be able to be more aggressive, and cause a lot of trouble for Big Ben.

Will this game be a cakewalk for the Packers? No, but I think this game will play out much like when New England plays the Steelers. Any Steeler fan thinking it will be a cakewalk for their team has not watched the Packers play, imho.

Reaction score
If Matthews was on the Steelers he wouldn't be a starter. Here's the stats, Jack.

This year Matthews had 60 total tackles and 13 sacks. To compare the Steelers linebackers, Harrison had 100 tackles 11 sacks, Timmons 135 tackles and 3 sacks, Farrior 109 and 6 sacks, and Woodley had 50 tackles and 10 sackes. While Matthews can get at the quarterback, he wouldn't rank as one of the Steelers best linebackers with those stats.

Members online

Latest posts