Potential Upsets This Weekend I Need Opinions On

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
How I do it is ask it if the home team will win. For example, "Will the Chargers win?". What's interesting is at times is give me the "ask again later". If I ask right away I get the same answer. If I go to the next team I get a different answer. For the Giants/Pats it kept giving me "I cant tell you right now" I got it so often came back after fininshing the reast and asked if the Giants would win. It said the same damn thing. Finally it gave me an answer about 10 minutes later.
Hey Raptorman, mind doing me a favor and seeing how the 8 ball calls the rest of the Vikings and Packers games? Mine's not working right now, lol.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Not a problem.
See this way we can with an 85% probability determine if the Packers will go undefeated this season and that is of course only if you are willing, as our unofficial resident 8 ball resident to do a playoff edition of Packers 8 ball.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have coin flipped before a game in the past. Heck I did it week 3 with Bills/Pats. Got Bills 3 straight times so I said okay Buffalo....let's do this. I was so torn on that game. My heart said Bills my head said Pats. I don't make it a habit though to coin flip but it's hilarious if it works and shows how much luck can be involved in picks at times.

Between the cats, the 8 ball and the coin flips we got everything covered here.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
See this way we can with an 85% probability determine if the Packers will go undefeated this season and that is of course only if you are willing, as our unofficial resident 8 ball resident to do a playoff edition of Packers 8 ball.

Watch his 8 ball have the Packers lose in the first playoff game. It would be so like his 8 ball to do that. However my cat will pick Green Bay.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have an old persian cat who picked the Packers to win the SB last year.
I held up two cards and kept switching them. One said Packers on the back and one said Steelers. She picked the Packers over and over again. Of course being a female I am not suprised she preferred Aaron to Ben.

My cat also picks the Packers all the time still. She turned 19 in September btw. Week 1 she also correctly called the Ravens over Steelers.

My cat pawns your 8 ball.

BTW in the title of this thread please take out the "two" and just leave it at "Potential upsets for this weekend." I think that works better.

I like you more and more every week. Probably the coolest non-Pack fan that I've ever met. We'll keep working on changing your avatar. Kidding... not really.. ;) I love women that can hold their own on football (I'm one too!)

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well, I got the Jets right for my "upset". I feel they are moving up and some teams in the AFC are moving down. Rex was bound to improve that defense.

Speaking of the Pats, I thought that game was garbage today at times. I am almost shocked at how badly I think Brady is playing the last several weeks and how less fearful I become of NE as the weeks go by. Is the Brady/Peyton era nearing an end while young guns in the NFC take over for the new decade?

Gotta give Eli credit though. He seems to be break NE hearts a lot now. I wish I took the Giants like my original hunch said but I wanted to give NE the benefit of the doubt coming off a loss. And the Giants injuries scared me a bit.

And Good God. Oakland. What the heck? Bogart......it's gonna be a rough week with Tebow love.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I got the Jets right for my "upset". I feel they are moving up and some teams in the AFC are moving down. Rex was bound to improve that defense.

Speaking of the Pats, I thought that game was garbage today at times. I am almost shocked at how badly I think Brady is playing the last several weeks and how less fearful I become of NE as the weeks go by. Is the Brady/Peyton era nearing an end while young guns in the NFC take over for the new decade?

Gotta give Eli credit though. He seems to be break NE hearts a lot now. I wish I took the Giants like my original hunch said but I wanted to give NE the benefit of the doubt coming off a loss. And the Giants injuries scared me a bit.

And Good God. Oakland. What the heck? Bogart......it's gonna be a rough week with Tebow love.
Man did brady suck today. Some of the throws he made into so much coverage was stupid. It seems brady only trusts a few receivers on his squad (branch/welker) in tight moments, and doesnt even look for ochostinko (Even if he is wide open). I feel the patriots won't be doing **** this year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man did brady suck today. Some of the throws he made into so much coverage was stupid. It seems brady only trusts a few receivers on his squad (branch/welker) in tight moments, and doesnt even look for ochostinko (Even if he is wide open). I feel the patriots won't be doing **** this year.

That wasn't so much Brady's fault, but your D has major issues. Count yourselves lucky the score wasn't higher. I think you guys are in a similar situation with us where your D is concerned only you guys don't have an Aaron Rodgers to put the stake through their hearts before the game is even half over.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Pats don't have a deep threat.

You will know all you need to know after the Jets game next Sunday night. If you beat them you might be okay. A loss might kill you guys though I feel.

The Jets D is improving every week now. I should be used to them having slow starts by now.

As for Brady.....I don't know man. I give the Giants credit but Brady is really baffling me at times lately. He did bring them back in the end though but it was like the SB part deux with Eli then storming down the field to win.

Really, I just am not sure anymore how I feel about the Pats. Next week will be revealing. I am not picking on the Pats either, I am really confused by Tom Brady lately. It's like he is not all there.....Rivers is also horribly inconsistent. Ben is hot and cold as well.

Oh yeah, and watch out for the Houston Texans.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
That wasn't so much Brady's fault, but your D has major issues. Count yourselves lucky the score wasn't higher. I think you guys are in a similar situation with us where your D is concerned only you guys don't have an Aaron Rodgers to put the stake through their hearts before the game is even half over.

This was a sloppy game on both sides for the Pats and Giants. Whoever screwed up less won. Neither team wowed me in any real way. Giants have turned into comeback kings though.

Can I really pick on the Pats D for this one though? I am not sure...yes they have issues but I don't feel the Pats offense is scoring much anymore. Last years Pats offense was lights out.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I still think the Patriots will sweep the Jets.

The Jets are a field goal team. How many times do they drive all the way down the field and walk away with 3 points?

The Pats rarely ever lose 2 in a row, and I think they'll come out blasting against the Jets and give them a good beating that they desperately need after Rex will be running his mouth about this up coming game.

Their defense did keep Manning under check most of the game but choked it in the end. Brady had some bad throws, but he still led them to a comeback. He's having some mistakes as is Drew Brees so far this year, but it's very unusual seeing Brady do it. Brees threw many interceptions last year, so I wasn't surprised at some of the results so far this season with him keying on Graham and Colston, and defenses are keeping those fellas in check as are the defenses that are double covering Wes Welker all day long.

Oh yes, watch out for the Houston Texans. They are making me proud, just wish they were the damn Oilers, then I'd really be pulling for my favorite AFC Team!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

You know Tebow didn't really win them that game, they should be talking about that 60 yard run by McGahee and their defense stopping a washed up overrated ex pro bowl quarterback.
Oh well, I'm not reading the paper after Alabama lost, hopefully I won't have to hear about Tebow a lot, he still didn't complete 50% of his passes, so at least I got them there.

Al Davis is ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE for the Raiders giving up so much for a washed up quarterback. Seriously, the biggest WTF moment in their franchise since the firing of Jon Gruden, and the trading of Marcus Allen to the Chiefs that both came back to haunt them, you better believe those draft picks they forfeited are going to really haunt them.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I was already planning on picking the Jets for next weekend but I will see how I feel later this weekend. I have nailed the Jets every single week this year. The Pats offense is not scaring anyone lately. They lost the last two seasons to the Jets on the road. The Jets D matches up great with the Pats O. I also know Rex probably has learned a few things watching how the Steelers handled the Pats offense.

It depends. I know the Pats will be desperate but they were supposed to be today too. The Jets will smell some blood.This Pats team simply is not striking fear in anyone right now.

If the Jets win Sunday night I think they can win the East. This Jets team has been underrated due to the 3 game road skid.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was already planning on picking the Jets for next weekend but I will see how I feel later this weekend. I have nailed the Jets every single week this year. The Pats offense is not scaring anyone lately. They lost the last two seasons to the Jets on the road. The Jets D matches up great with the Pats O. I also know Rex probably has learned a few things watching how the Steelers handled the Pats offense.

It depends. I know the Pats will be desperate but they were supposed to be today too. The Jets will smell some blood.This Pats team simply is not striking fear in anyone right now.

If the Jets win Sunday night I think they can win the East. This Jets team has been underrated due to the 3 game road skid.

I agree. The Jets are a better team...with a MUCH better defense.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm not feelin the Jets. They seem inconsistent and I don't trust Sanchez at all.

Eventually Sanchez is going to blow them big games. Very inconsistent passer.

What carries the Jets is defense, cause they already proved how they don't care about their offense besides running the ball.

They let Jericho Cotchery go to Pittsburgh, and just why when he was a great talent that made Sanchez look good half the time? Then they let go of Braylon Edwards that had a great year last season, but of all the people they could go after, they sign Plaxico Burress whom is washed up in my eyes, just because he has had success against New England and hates them.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Nobody but me here thought the Jets would beat the Bills today.

This Jets team should make the playoffs. If they win Sunday night they might be division winners. This Pats team is awful right now.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eventually Sanchez is going to blow them big games. Very inconsistent passer.

What carries the Jets is defense, cause they already proved how they don't care about their offense besides running the ball.

They let Jericho Cotchery go to Pittsburgh, and just why when he was a great talent that made Sanchez look good half the time? Then they let go of Braylon Edwards that had a great year last season, but of all the people they could go after, they sign Plaxico Burress whom is washed up in my eyes, just because he has had success against New England and hates them.

That sounds like poor management to me. I still can't fathom for the life of me why they ever let Jericho go to a team in their division. The organization is not being run very well, imo.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
But the Patriots hardly lose 2 in a row, they are gonna come out all guns blazing on big mouth and his team.

I think it will be low scoring, but NE will get it together, limit the Jets to a bunch of field goals.

Latest posts