Potential Upsets This Weekend I Need Opinions On

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I didn't check the lines on these games but I believe the Saints will beat the Bucs by a touchdown or more. I'd never bet against them at home against and equal team which the Bucs are certainly not.
Eagles can't stop the run and Forte will destroy the Eagles. Of the three, the easiest upset pick here regardless of points.
I'm super iffy about Giants and Patriots as most are. I don't know the spread on the game but holy smokes you're playing with a loaded firecracker any time you bet for/against on the Pats.
I'd also look at Cincy and Tennessee.

Right on.

The Saints usually play better after an embarrassment like that. Last year Cleveland beat them down, and the Saints played a damn good game to upset the Steelers by 10 points, that no one saw coming. I think Tampa Bay can make a fight, but they are without Blount, their leading rusher, and there's no place like dome, the Saints will have a day with them if they can get their offense rolling.

Everyone is on the Eagles band wagon for winning one game, but don't forget how awfully bad Vick has played this year. The Bears know how to stop him, and they'll do it again just as the Giants will do when they go to New York to get swept. They have let teams run all over them, and that's why Forte will have a big day.

Bengals are a good pick too, no one thought they'd be this good, but the Titans are a joke, just a big waste of money in an overrated over paid ****** bag named Chris Johnson whom they can't depend on now that he's got his money.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think Cincy should win. The Titans still can't run the ball for some reason well. Without Britt that offense is on the decline.

The old Colts would have beaten TN last weekend easily.

I am going to be mad now if the Giants pull this thing off lol. I am rooting for them though. Hey, maybe it's better for the Giants if I pick against them. Help them out. Sigh. Outside of my picking the Bills to beat the Pats it's been tough to pin point Pats losses. I think it's usually most likely on the road but believe me, Foxboro is not intimidating. I was there last year. It was kinda bleh to me.

Bears better beat the Eagles now. Now we have to wait until Monday night. Not shockingly, everyone in the media is on Philly.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have until tonight......

Are people that confident in Bears in Philly?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm confident in them, but then again I never bought into the dream team band wagon to start with.

Tennessee is a joke. Hasselbeck has a few good games, that's it for their season. They live and die on the money they spent on Chris Johnson and I have no sympathy for them, however seeing them get pounded by the team from the city they came from makes me laugh everytime. Maybe they are happy they didn't let the Texans become the Oilers as they should have, or it would have been even funnier.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
All right, I have had complete turnarounds in thoughts over night. I mean I just am not feeling comfortable with many of these games. I hope I don't get bit in the *** but whatever.

I don't feel comfortable with this Bears team. I don't feel comfortable with Cutler either on the road in a big game right now. Philly despite how overrated they have been have improved on defense in their last two games. I can see Forte having a good game but they will be targeting him. This Bears D is decent but I don't think it's as good as a few previous years when they have had Vick's number.

So, I will take Philly at home despite their past struggles with the Bears. *sigh*

I will take the Pats too but will root for the G men. I don't like these injuries for the Giants right now.

I will take Saints even though I think this could be close.

Cincy over TN is considered an upset. TN is favored. I will take the Bengals.

Also, I am taking the Jets over the Bills. Rex is 0-2 off of a bye week with the Jets and they have not won on the road yet. However, I have been good with the Jets this year. I had them losing the games they lost and picked them to beat SD. I am not sure I like the matchups for the Bills. I think they may struggle in the passing game. The Bills D beat up on the Skins but the Skins offense is getting worse and more banged up by the week.
Bills/Jets is a toss up but I have to go NY. NY is a small underdog and often thrives in this role. Also, a smart Colts fan I know said the Steelers would win last weekend. He has the Jets the next two weeks over Buffalo and NE. The Pats are a poor road team and have lost in NY the last two seasons.He also has NE winning this weekend.

Guess we'll see.

I also just heard James Harrison is probably for the Steelers even though Woodley is out. I have to go with the Steelers at home.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am taking NE. I can still root against them though. :)

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking Bears over Eagles. Don't know why either. Just a hunch I guess. Or maybe because ESPN is sucking the Eagles *** all over again. Of course I'll be wrong now.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was thinking Bears over Eagles. Don't know why either. Just a hunch I guess. Or maybe because ESPN is sucking the Eagles *** all over again. Of course I'll be wrong now.

No, I think there are pretty solid reasons to think the Bears can pull this off. A lot of it is going to depend on Cutler. I think the Bears D can keep their team in the game. If Cutler steps up and makes quick accurate reads. The Bears can pull this one out. Although, I never really want the bears to pull anything out except a white flag.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
i think the giants might beat the patriots

Teddy Bruschi agrees with you. He picked Giants over Pats. However this is the same man who picked a Colts/Pats AFCCG last year and who also picked a Jets/Bears SB before the title games. So......

Giants won't have Nicks I think.

Pats don't win this game they got some issues heading into an away game against the Jets where they lost the last two years.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
No, I think there are pretty solid reasons to think the Bears can pull this off. A lot of it is going to depend on Cutler. I think the Bears D can keep their team in the game. If Cutler steps up and makes quick accurate reads. The Bears can pull this one out. Although, I never really want the bears to pull anything out except a white flag.

That is precisely why I turned my back on the Bears for this game in the end. I hope I don't regret it later. You just don't know with the Bears offense. Forte is getting hyped up a lot heading into this game but they will also have to throw the ball and I am scared of Cutler picks/sacks/disaster.

Bears D has not looked as good to me this year either.

How nice for the Eagles to get these homes games coming off a bye on prime time.......yep.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Each week on one of my Pick-em games, I ask the old 8 ball who will win. This is what the 8-balls says for this week. Its about 65% correct so far this year.

Miami
Tampa
Colts
Texans
Jets
Redskins
Cowboys
Titans
Raiders
Giants
Rams
Chargers
Bears

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Each week on one of my Pick-em games, I ask the old 8 ball who will win. This is what the 8-balls says for this week. Its about 65% correct so far this year.

Miami
Tampa
Colts
Texans
Jets
Redskins
Cowboys
Titans
Raiders
Giants
Rams
Chargers
Bears

Looks like mostly underdogs.
BTW Michael Turner owns the Colts souls going back to SD.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...8192/espns-patriots-giants-prediction-roundup

* ESPNBoston.com Patriots analyst Tedy Bruschi: Giants 28, Patriots 24. This is a year when streaks have ended. The Patriots had beaten the Bills 15 straight times before losing to them in the third week of the season. Then just this past week we heard about Brady's success against the Steelers and how he "owned" them with a 6-1 record. That "streak" was snapped Sunday. Now I look ahead to this tough matchup and see a Patriots team that has won 18 straight games against NFC teams at Gillette Stadium, and wonder if that is the next streak to be snapped. I think this defense will struggle if Eli Manning plays a solid game, and that's what he's been doing lately. The Patriots' home win streak against the NFC ends.

Too late for me to change now but I do like Tedy's theory on streaks.....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Miami
Tampa
Colts
Texans
Jets
Redskins
Cowboys
Titans
Raiders
Giants
Rams
Chargers
Bears
I'm not surprised to see that you.... I mean.... your 8 ball picked the Bears and Chargers.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm not surprised to see that you.... I mean.... your 8 ball picked the Bears and Chargers.
How I do it is ask it if the home team will win. For example, "Will the Chargers win?". What's interesting is at times is give me the "ask again later". If I ask right away I get the same answer. If I go to the next team I get a different answer. For the Giants/Pats it kept giving me "I cant tell you right now" I got it so often came back after fininshing the reast and asked if the Giants would win. It said the same damn thing. Finally it gave me an answer about 10 minutes later.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
How I do it is ask it if the home team will win. For example, "Will the Chargers win?". What's interesting is at times is give me the "ask again later". If I ask right away I get the same answer. If I go to the next team I get a different answer. For the Giants/Pats it kept giving me "I cant tell you right now" I got it so often came back after fininshing the reast and asked if the Giants would win. It said the same damn thing. Finally it gave me an answer about 10 minutes later.

Maybe you should give up on the 8 ball and ask that octopus or squid or whatever thing it was.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

I have an old persian cat who picked the Packers to win the SB last year.
I held up two cards and kept switching them. One said Packers on the back and one said Steelers. She picked the Packers over and over again. Of course being a female I am not suprised she preferred Aaron to Ben.

My cat also picks the Packers all the time still. She turned 19 in September btw. Week 1 she also correctly called the Ravens over Steelers.

My cat pawns your 8 ball.

BTW in the title of this thread please take out the "two" and just leave it at "Potential upsets for this weekend." I think that works better.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Just talked to a buddy of mine who is a Giants fan. He is usually pessimistic. He said all week he though the Giants lose tomorrow and the injuries would hurt them. Now since last night he has a strong feeling the Giants pull this out in NE. Maybe an ugly win. Of course he said the Giants don't run the ball or stop the run well. He is more worried about the Pats running the ball to overcome the pass rush more then anything and that hurting them.

He thinks the Packers will kill the Giants though again, said Rodgers is "ridiculous."

He also believes that the Giants will beat the 49ers next weekend.

Also, he thinks that Eli is in the zone. And he believes with Peyton out he is not playing under anyone's shadow anymore and he is thriving. He says the next few games will come down to Eli and how good his decision making is.

Funny I had the same though, if the Eli rolls this year I do wonder how much Peyton mentally effected him. He was always in his shadow. Heck even in the SB they showed Peyton 1 million times during that game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have an old persian cat who picked the Packers to win the SB last year.
I held up two cards and kept switching them. One said Packers on the back and one said Steelers. She picked the Packers over and over again. Of course being a female I am not suprised she preferred Aaron to Ben.

My cat also picks the Packers all the time still. She turned 19 in September btw. Week 1 she also correctly called the Ravens over Steelers.

My cat pawns your 8 ball.

BTW in the title of this thread please take out the "two" and just leave it at "Potential upsets for this weekend." I think that works better.

Title edited as per your request! :)

Your cat sounds awesome! My cat also used to pick the Packers! She used to watch games with me but sadly she passed a week before the Pack won the SB last year. I can only imagine her in heaven calling plays with Reggie White!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Exactly, and though Jules points out that Philly will be targeting Forte - most teams have and he keeps making them pay. Agreed on everyone's opinion that Cutler has to have a good game but you have to like the Bares attitude lately, they are playing inspired ball.

Members online

Latest posts