Post match ride from GB to Milwaukee

The Magicman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good evening chaps.
I apologise for making my first contribution to your forum a specific 'me me me' question.

I am a Green Bay fan of long standing, from England.
I'm looking at taking an early bucket list/middle life crisis holiday, and watching the Chicago game, ticket willing.
The trip I want to do will involve a lot of travelling, and I don't want to add to that with 2 days in Green Bay, as good as I'm sure it will be.

My small country thinking had me being a good tourist in Milwaukee, jumping on the bus, see the game, and getting a bus back in time for supper.
Research says I'm an idiot, so my plan B is to get a lift back from a fellow Cheesehead.

So after such a long winded whaffle the simple question is:-
Is there any kind of car pooling scheme in operation, I could find space on?
or
Do enough people drive from Mil to GB on game day, for me to blag a lift back, if I ask enough people?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards.

(Honestly, I don't talk as much as I type!)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I live about an hour and a half north of Milwaukee and 45 minutes south of Green Bay...right on Highway 41 and I can tell you point blank that given the amount of southbound traffic on Highway 41 that a whole flippin' TON of folks drive from Milwaukee on game day.

Can you perhaps get a flight from Milwaukee to Green Bay and just get a hotel room in Green Bay? The hotel's courtesy van will pick you up at the airport in GB...will take you to Lambeau... almost anywhere you'd want to go...because if you're coming to Green Bay, you'll want to spend as much time at Lambeau as you possibly can...the Hall of Fame and what not...the pregame experience the night before a game is something to experience...it really is.

OP
OP
T

The Magicman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Weeds, I guessed that was the case, it's just nice to have it confirmed.

My problem is time, and not enough of it.
I'm keen to fly into Washington on the Saturday and check out the Nat'nals game on the Sunday.
Do the Capital tourist stuff.
Fly to Mil on the Tues, game on Thurs, then fly back to Washington to connect on home, on the Saturday.

Adding another connection and hotel into that is just going to make it feel less of a holiday, and more like check in/out torture.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would easily second finding a way to at least visit the Packers Hall of Fame and/or take a stadium tour prior to the game. Understanding that's not in your plan, there is a mini-migration going from Green Bay to Milwaukee. Keep this post alive and you'll find someone who is interested. If I still lived in Milwaukee and had tickets to the game, I'd offer to give you a lift.

Maybe you need to offer a bag of fresh cheese curds to the driver!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, EG. Every man has his price ... and what more valuable than a fresh bag of squeaky turd hardeners. :)

By the way, Magicman ... welcome to the forum. Friend of mine lives somewhere in Great Britain...wears one of those heavy dresses and denies an affinity for sheep. He's a HUGE Packers fan as well and takes "holiday" every other year to north eastern Wisconsin.

Jason Retzlaff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet you'll be able to find someone. That game is considered a "Gold' Game which is one of the 2 games the season tickets holders from days of games in County Stadium in Milwaukee make the trek up to the game. Good luck and hope you have a blast!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
48% fat content!!! Holy ***** ... no need to eat that stuff, just have it surgically implanted in your arteries and save yourself the trouble. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts