Post game thread: Packers shutout Vikings.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one should be happy with Peterson injury. Not only is it really classless to be happy about a player getting hurt, you're forgetting that we are done with AP until next season (thank God) and that Detroit, the Gians and, I think the Cowgirls, have to face him again this year. We should be hoping those teams lose as much as possible and it's a lot more likely if AP is playing.

Dallas already played Minnesota.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
No one should be happy with Peterson injury. Not only is it really classless to be happy about a player getting hurt, you're forgetting that we are done with AP until next season (thank God) and that Detroit, the Gians and, I think the Cowgirls, have to face him again this year. We should be hoping those teams lose as much as possible and it's a lot more likely if AP is playing.

Dallas already played Minnesota.

and lost 24-14

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP got a nice welcome to Lambeau field with an injury. Death Squad don't play that.

Man, you are an ***hat. I've been a GB fan my whole life, and when that play happened I yelled, "nooooo!" by instinct. I never want to see someone get hurt, and particularly not a star player in a crap game that isn't even close.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Peterson healthy when they play the Lions and Giants. Actually, the minute he got hurt, I said "Hopefully he'll be back by the Detroit game." Get healthy AD!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw on the Fox Half Time Show

This was not just a shut out loss to the Vikings. For the Vikings It was the worst shut out loss in franchise history.

That is not something one would want to be part of. Should have kicked the field goal.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you want to know the definition of "spreading the ball around"? Favre threw for 351 yards and Rodgers for 17 yards, and no receiver had more than 63 yards. The top three guys were all within one yard of each other, and the 3 TD's were all scored by other players. And Favre wasn't even on his game early on. Amazing. Great pass protection today, too.

Here's the damage. Favre and Rodgers completed passes to 10 different receivers:

Robinson: 5 for 45 yards
Grant: 5 for 20 yards
Driver: 4 for 63 yards
Jennings: 4 for 63 yards
Martin: 4 for 57 yards, 2 TDs
Lee: 4 for 27 yards, 1 TD
Jones: 3 for 62 yards
Morency: 3 for 11 yards
Jackson: 2 for 14 yards
Hall: 1 for 6 yards

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I just saw on the Fox Half Time Show

This was not just a shut out loss to the Vikings. For the Vikings It was the worst shut out loss in franchise history.

That is not something one would want to be part of. Should have kicked the field goal.

Kicking the field goal just to avoid the shutout would've been wimpy. Most coaches would do what Childress did in that situation. Go for the first down.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 top running backs consecutively........ 2 top running backs injured consecutively

this truly is the death squad

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
We all gotta give some love to K-Rob, that heads-up play to get the first down after being short on 4th down was a key play. Without that, Grant doesn't score his first TD.

And K-Rob showed a little something something on catching the ball and using his attributes to get a first down by juking and showing some good acceleration.

It really looks like the relationship between Favre and Koren Robinson is building quite fast, which can only bode well for future games.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is a stud, but he does get hurt a lot. The upright, hard-charging running style he has is what makes him so great. It is also what makes him so vulnerable.

Fans kind of had to see this coming. The kid is great, but I think he will spend most of his career on the injury report (not saying he'll miss games, but he will probably be constantly nicked up, like most every-down backs are.)

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a major threat. Best in the NFC. And flep pointed out that 12-1 in the last 13 games. 12, people. the pack are not messing around. The only thing that stands in our way are the playoffs. Bring....it...on

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
We all gotta give some love to K-Rob, that heads-up play to get the first down after being short on 4th down was a key play. Without that, Grant doesn't score his first TD.

And K-Rob showed a little something something on catching the ball and using his attributes to get a first down by juking and showing some good acceleration.

It really looks like the relationship between Favre and Koren Robinson is building quite fast, which can only bode well for future games.

Robinson has been playing well.

But what about Ruvell Martin! The second TD was luck, but this guy hasn't even been active in the last two games (if I'm correct.)

Great game for a guy who will probably get a shot with another team this offseason to compete for a starting position.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Looking at the replays of the first drive, FB Hall delivered a key cut block that opened up a hole for Grant, and then K-Rob came from the opposite side of the field to deliver a good enough block on a DB to allow Grant to score.

Hall also deserves mention, I noticed him a few times doing something good.

Alfer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Favre is ok after that hit to the back of the helmet. Has anyone heard a follow up on that?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Packer fan who says they didn't cheer a little bit inside when AP went down is kidding themselves.

"I love all things and never want to see these wonderful people get booboo's."

I can't count the number of times I screamed at the TV for someone to break Culpepper's legs when he was still in MN.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was actually the best team in the NFC, though Troy Aikman differs (said that the Cowboys were the best in the NFC and the second best in the NFL - good thing he's totally objective when it comes to the Cowboys).

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was actually the best team in the NFC, though Troy Aikman differs (said that the Cowboys were the best in the NFC and the second best in the NFL - good thing he's totally objective when it comes to the Cowboys).

i heard aikman say that during the game....made me want to puke, who the hell else would he say is hte second best tea in the league...

i cant stand aikman..... he said the cowboys are in " a league of their own"
what the hell does that mean,....we have the same record