Post-Game Thread: Packers Beat Rams

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knees are not suppose to bend like that. Dallas Dlineman knee got bent by his own guy.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:
Rios39 said:
Wow still can't get in. Man they blew so many opportunities to win this game. I say this is where Dallas shows the Eagles how to score a TD.
i hope not.

Well surely they will this drive. lol
i hope not

Or not.

Man it'd be nice to have a Packers D like this Eagles team.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think TO is the most overrated receiver in the NFL?

I would much rather have Jennings or Driver.

GP GS REC YARDS AV LONG TD

13 13 74 1,270 17.2 52T 14

how can a guy be overrated when entering this week he was leading the nfl in receiving, and 2nd in touchdowns? ridiculous statement

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:

Points Allowed
Packers D: 17.6
Eagles D: 20.2

I realize this. And the packers have a very good D. But they just give up way too many Big plays. Comparatively if you look at the pressure/coverage the Eagles put on Romo was about 10X over what the Pack could do.

Now I'm hoping that has to do with not having a seasoned nick collins charles woodson and KGB. But there have been a lot of games where the Pack leaves teams off the hook.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Man, Westbrook is awesome.

What a move to fall down on the Cowboys' 1 yard line, and run out the clock.

I now wanna have your babies Westy. :D
Geez........if you had all the "babies" you've been asking for, you's have a classroom full by now!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had th CB's won today, i would have figured homefield was over........but now there IS a glimmer of hope.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
what was with the offensive line today? they looked pretty bad.

the Rams had exotic blitz looks on every play. that's what happened.

This from Scouts Inc. on ESPN.com:

Sometimes, it’s the little things that are the difference between winning and losing. Something like an offensive line’s ability to pick up the blitz might sound simple, but it isn’t always that way. St. Louis defensive coordinator Jim Haslett brought a large variety of zone blitzes and stunts to try to pressure QB Brett Favre into some bad throws, but Green Bay’s offensive line did a great job of recognizing the games up front and protected Favre well enough for him to pick apart the St. Louis secondary. Meanwhile, the Rams’ O-line failed to recognize the Packers’ blitzes. Green Bay linebacker Nick Barnett did a great job of timing his blitzes and got to Marc Bulger for two of the Packers’ four sacks. The Green Bay O-line’s ability to adjust and pick up the blitzes keyed a big win that clinched a first-round playoff bye for the Packers.
-- Doug Kretz, Scouts Inc.

I was thinking our o-line is pretty damn good, and then I read this and was all "sweetums! This scout dude agrees with me!"

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Rios39 said:

Points Allowed
Packers D: 17.6
Eagles D: 20.2

I realize this. And the packers have a very good D. But they just give up way too many Big plays. Comparatively if you look at the pressure/coverage the Eagles put on Romo was about 10X over what the Pack could do.

Now I'm hoping that has to do with not having a seasoned nick collins charles woodson and KGB. But there have been a lot of games where the Pack leaves teams off the hook.

The Packers don't blitz or they didn't. They have just started to do just recently. Seems like today was the first time they really let the "dawgs" loose.

Philly brings the blitz on every play just about. It's Jim Johnson's scheme. I think the Packers have the personal to do to the Cowboys what Philly did.

I'm not sure it was Philly being that great that won that game. I think Romo was off target all day long which helped their cause. Maybe a little of both but I wouldn't trade many players on the Packers defense for someone on the Eagles defense. Maybe Brian Dawkins is all I'd take to be honest.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
It'll be interesting to see, if we play dallas again, if we press the blitz on them

It might be a must. I'd be worried about giving up the big play. But if we could mix some safety blitzes...maybe send Barnett at times. We never got anything on them last time But I think a few blitzes could work. But we HAVE to get to Romo at that point otherwise they'll beat us underneath and run all day up the middle. But I doubt you get to Romo rushing 4 against that offensive line.

Members online

Latest posts