Post-Game Thread: Packers Beat Rams

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NUGGET ALERT LOL
I found it interesting for as much as Brett hates domes he broke both records in dome stadiums. Also as much as he's struggled in them I was trying to think of his last dome loss and figured he's won possibly his last 5 or 6 dome games in a row but I'd have to look it up

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we lost in dallas a few weeks ago...

Dallas doesn't play in a dome.

The thing about Favre not playing well in domes was always a little overblown anyway. The Vikings used to play the Packers tough at home, and so did the Lions, when they were a halfway decent team. Some other dome teams like the Colts, Rams, and Seahawks usually played well at home too, against everyone.

Now things have changed. And of course Favre won the biggest game of his life, Super Bowl 31, in a dome.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NUGGET ALERT LOL
I found it interesting for as much as Brett hates domes he broke both records in dome stadiums. Also as much as he's struggled in them I was trying to think of his last dome loss and figured he's won possibly his last 5 or 6 dome games in a row but I'd have to look it up

I heart Nugget Alerts.

NUGGET ALERT! (from nfl.com)
Much of the capacity crowd at the Edward Jones Dome on Sunday clearly rooted for the visiting team. Cheeseheads were everywhere and perhaps half of the stadium was clad in Packers' green and yellow, helping the visitors feel right at home in a 33-14 victory.

"It's a joke," running back Steven Jackson said. "The whole first level is Green Bay Packers' fans. It's a joke. We were at Lambeau Field."

"You're a little surprised to see more people in your house for the opposing team than for your team but you know it doesn't make you real happy or real excited," linebacker Will Witherspoon said. "But you've just got to say, 'Hey, I'm in a game.' It just makes it a road game for us."

The only time the entire crowd cheered together came after Favre set the yardage record. When the game was stopped, the crowd stood and applauded Favre's latest record.

Favre's proximity to the record, needing 184 yards entering the game, and the Packers' storied history easily trumped the home-field advantage.

"Our fans are the best in the world," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "It gives our players a great lift.

"To see the defensive line raising their arms in the air on a big third down, it speaks volumes about the kind of fans we have."

So despite playing in a dome, it was really Lambeau. Or "Lambeau South" as one sign read hung on the first row.

I love being a packer fan.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
bozz_2006 said:
what was with the offensive line today? they looked pretty bad.

the Rams had exotic blitz looks on every play. that's what happened.

This from Scouts Inc. on ESPN.com:

Sometimes, it’s the little things that are the difference between winning and losing. Something like an offensive line’s ability to pick up the blitz might sound simple, but it isn’t always that way. St. Louis defensive coordinator Jim Haslett brought a large variety of zone blitzes and stunts to try to pressure QB Brett Favre into some bad throws, but Green Bay’s offensive line did a great job of recognizing the games up front and protected Favre well enough for him to pick apart the St. Louis secondary. Meanwhile, the Rams’ O-line failed to recognize the Packers’ blitzes. Green Bay linebacker Nick Barnett did a great job of timing his blitzes and got to Marc Bulger for two of the Packers’ four sacks. The Green Bay O-line’s ability to adjust and pick up the blitzes keyed a big win that clinched a first-round playoff bye for the Packers.
-- Doug Kretz, Scouts Inc.

I was thinking our o-line is pretty damn good, and then I read this and was all "sweetums! This scout dude agrees with me!"

The run blocking was not so hot, but I thought the pass blocking was pretty good. Favre was never sacked, and he managed to complete 19 of 30 passes even though several passes were off target, which was mostly not the O-line's fault.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i actually thought the run blocking was decent, but they crashed the line so hard it kind of forced us to pass. i thought the line did a fine job, and i'm banking on continued improvement with Coston at Guard.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i actually thought the run blocking was decent, but they crashed the line so hard it kind of forced us to pass. i thought the line did a fine job, and i'm banking on continued improvement with Coston at Guard.

You're probably right about that. It did seem like the Rams were going all-out at the line of scrimmage. If the Pack had run the ball more, Grant may have popped one for a long TD, but they didn't need to do that because the passing game is so good.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It's a joke," running back Steven Jackson said. "The whole first level is Green Bay Packers' fans. It's a joke. We were at Lambeau Field."

"Our fans are the best in the world," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "It gives our players a great lift.

"To see the defensive line raising their arms in the air on a big third down, it speaks volumes about the kind of fans we have."

WOW... so proud

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the scorboard said blowout, but my mind said frustrated all game long...This is a good thing i suppose that we can dominate a game pretty much with Special Teams, huge improvements there

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the scorboard said blowout, but my mind said frustrated all game long...This is a good thing i suppose that we can dominate a game pretty much with Special Teams, huge improvements there
We left alot of points on the field. That said, we still whupped them!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Dallas doesn't play in a dome.
What do you consider their stadium then?

I've never personally been able to put my finger on it. I mean, its a dome, but its got a huge *** opening in the middle of it and it has fake grass or astroturf, whatever its called. Carpet?

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
NUGGET ALERT LOL

I heart Nugget Alerts.

NUGGET ALERT! (from nfl.com)
Much of the capacity crowd at the Edward Jones Dome on Sunday clearly rooted for the visiting team. Cheeseheads were everywhere and perhaps half of the stadium was clad in Packers' green and yellow, helping the visitors feel right at home in a 33-14 victory.

"You're a little surprised to see more people in your house for the opposing team than for your team but you know it doesn't make you real happy or real excited," linebacker Will Witherspoon said. "But you've just got to say, 'Hey, I'm in a game.' It just makes it a road game for us."

The only time the entire crowd cheered together came after Favre set the yardage record. When the game was stopped, the crowd stood and applauded Favre's latest record.

Favre's proximity to the record, needing 184 yards entering the game, and the Packers' storied history easily trumped the home-field advantage.

So despite playing in a dome, it was really Lambeau. Or "Lambeau South" as one sign read hung on the first row.

I love being a packer fan.

Hey Ryan,
you should set up a whole section for Nuggets Alerts. With a little flashing light and a cute little midi sound to go with ...
Never mind that was one of the lamest stunts I have seen one of the networks do during a game.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:

WOW... so proud

How many times have we heard that this year? Seems like every away game we play the Packer fans are there in force. Either there are more Packer fans than anyone imagines in every city in the U.S. or we travel better and are more loyal than any other teams fans. Either way I have to say that Packer fans are the best fans in football. Who's Americas team? We are obviously. Cowgirls can keep that title (who needs it) as long as we can keep our Packers.

GO PACK GO!!!!

Members online

Latest posts