Post Game Thread: Packers beat (destroy?) Seahawks

Reaction score
There are threads talking about Favre, O-line, Ryan Grant, etc., but the post-game thread is better late than never. Any random thoughts related to the game, etc. can go here.

Some observations:

- This team CAN play in bad weather. A lot of people questioned that after the Bears game, but as Favre said after today's game, this was the most snow at Lambeau during his time here, and the team responded extremely well.

- AJ Hawk and Nick Barnett (with his gold mohawk) had 4 (four!) combined tackles. Wow.

- Our FBs came to play yet again. Kuhn had a couple of nice blocks that I remember off the top of my head, one on the goal line situation on Julian Peterson. I'd love to see Kuhn and Hall get some carries, who knows, they may be the solution to our problems running on 3rd/4th and short.

- Tramon Williams was solid as nickel back, and you can't ask for anything more against him.

- Packers STILL need to improve defending against TEs. Pollard is far from one of the elite TEs in the league currently, so it's sad/worrying that he was able to get wide open in the corner of the endzone.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked the return of the T-Formation, I don't understand why teams don't use it more.

Atari Bigby was Big.

Tramon Williams did a nice job,

Al Harris was up to the task, Charles Woodson solid.

Ryan Grant had a great game except his two fumbles, did they say he became the 7th player in NFL history to rush for 200 yards in a playoffgame?

Justin Harrell clogged up the middle, he played really good,

I also think our LBs were solid in coverage.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Did anyone else laugh when both C-Wood and Al got penalized for holding on the same play?

That was hilarious. Man was Matthew ever whining to the refs about how our CBs being too physical.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man i thought that was so funny with both cb been penalized

Harrel finaly showed up and was Great as clogging the run if he could put on a little mort weight we could have 2 Great runing stuffing DT like with the vikings

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man................what a fun game to be at! I had a BLAST! The place was ROCKIN'!

Too many hunter orange coats in the crowd. I couldn't tell if I saw you or not. It must have been great to be out there last night. I think you just gave us another motto: If this place is rockin, don't come knockin.

As for the game... I didn't hear Kerneys name mentioned once except for the commentators mentioning how ineffective he was against us.I loved Grants come back from the fumbles to set a franchise playoff record. Favre also set a franchise record for TDs in the playoffs I think. I think we also set a playoff points record too. Bigby was a monster and I don't recall any penalties on him. Very solid performance by all.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can remember how bad I felt when we were 14-0 down, I was thinking "Damn you, Ryan Grant!" and "Ah well, better luck next season". Then I thought "No, we've got the whole game to come back, don't worry." Sure enough the Packer broke even and then hit the lead and never looked back. I love you Ryan Grant!! :p :D

Melt74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our daughter had a bball tourney yesterday, so I had to wait to watch--thank the Lord for DVR! I took my IPOD with me, and after 3:30 I had my headphones on just in case there was any mention of the game. I also told my family that my cell would be off from kickoff until I'd finished watching the game, so not to bother, lol.

After the second Seahawks touchdown, the hat went flying. I didn't curse Grant, but I kept thinking "not again". I was anticipating what some refer to as "Evil Brett" to emerge, but what a terrific job by both Favre and McCarthy to not try to get it all back at once.

Bigby--wow. Way to set the tone! I loved that later in the game you could see that the 'Hawks receivers were anticipating being hit and letting it affect their play. Just awesome. Al laid some wood, too. Love seeing that from our secondary. Oh, and the fact the physicality of our DB's was getting to Matt early in the game was a great sign, too.

Grant--it would've been so easy for him to hang his head. I loved the way not only he, but our entire team just went back to work. And I don't think anyone can say enough about the blocking from our O-Line.

Tauscher--I was really concerned about Kerney prior to the game. I can't believe I practically forgot he existed during the game. "Great job by Tausch" doesn't really touch it, imo.

Favre--FAVRE, isn't that all anyone needs to say? lol

There's a ton more I'm sure will come to mind later in the day. Sundays are my day to sleep in--never up before 10 a.m. I was bright eyed at 5:15 this morning...better than the day after Christmas as a child waking up early to play with all the great toys you got the day before. :)

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best Playoff game i have been to in a while (1958 and counting)

One thing is i thought the zebras were a little lenient with the birds and tough on us. late hit out of bounds a couple suspect calls and ball spots etc but this is not meant to open a can of worms.

But i for some reason forgot to set the timer for my dvd recorder so i could go back over the game since as you all know if you are at the game you see it all but not in detail :)

i am up early and no depression. i can only hope we get to play the giants next week as in the song....

i'll be there WHOOT

GO PACK GO! !

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was happy Brett didn't start being careless because we were behind. I watched the whole game and seeing Grant breaking all those tackles. Leroy Hill had a couple of late hits on Grant when he was out of bounds. We dominated the middle of the field.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming of age for Grant, Bigby, and Tramon Williams.

Bigby was unbelievable! Barnett is one intense dude. The youth of our team grew up in this game and the maturity showed for 55 minutes.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is playing as well as any Packer team I've ever seen. They were absolutely dominant yesterday. Take away those 14 points we gave them and this game was even more of a route. Atari Bigby is playing exactly the way a safety should play. For the first time I was looking at Hawk and saying, "finally"! Barnett, as excited as he gets, played in control most of the game. The front four was playing as they did early in the year. The offensive line was outstanding and dominant. The team is well coached, they don't make many mistakes, and the only team who might not fear playing is New England.

This team has developed so quickly that it has taken most of us by surprise. Seventeen games into the season I find myself saying, "We're really good."

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the first time I was proud of the whole team yesterday...

I was pissed over the fumbles, and that the defense let Seattle score TD's (especially the 2nd one), but they came back and kept on coming...

McCarthy coached a great game as well....

Tauscher looked extra big/fat yesterday...was it the snow or was he wearing 5 pairs on long-johns?

There was one play where he was holding back Kearney with one-hand.

The O-Line was absolutely CRUSHING people yesterday. It was good to see. And Atari Bigby was a surprise.

Hope they get to play in the snow next week.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was confident going into this game that the Pack would take care of business. However, I was expecting a 27-20 or a 31-28 win not a 42-20 win. I'll take the pleasant surprise however. I was really nervous with Grant's two fumbles but once I saw that Brett wasn't loosing his cool I calmed and watched the Pack play a near perfect game. IF the Packers can play that well next week (excluding the fumbles) there is no way that ANYONE can keep us from the Super Bowl.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man................what a fun game to be at! I had a BLAST! The place was ROCKIN'!

How was the drive home Cheesy in all that snow? There were times I couldnt even see the players play it was snowing so hard. But what a game to be at. I was hoping they would have shown you in the crowd, I was wanting to point you out to my Assistant at work.

What an awesome game, if they can keep this up we might get to Arizonia then I will be going to that one.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Best Playoff game i have been to in a while (1958 and counting)

GO PACK GO! !

My dad said the same thing. Best playoff game he's seen from the packer's since he saw the Ice Bowl in person.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a great game to watch, the whole team played "smart" and came from a 14 point defeceit and outscored them 42-6 since those two touchdowns.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was looking for you whenever they showed the fans. Didn't see you though. :(

Oh, wanted to add, Brandon Jackson looked SICK on special teams. Funny to see both Jackson and Morency hustling after tacklers. That was awesome.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigby was laying the lumber and then i dont know if it was the power of the dread but al harris started hittin really hard too, defense was fun to watch yesterday

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game and great win. One game at a time still. We're not done yet but I don't think anyone can deny that the Packers are 100% a legit football team. Seahawks were considered one of the better teams in the NFC and GB spanked them. That defense was going to give Favre and co troubles and they moved the ball at will. This is a heck of a football team and one I'm proud to watch.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where's that Seahawks fan that said we didn't fix our runninggame, we just rushed for a lot of yards against poor teams?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigby was laying the lumber and then i dont know if it was the power of the dread but al harris started hittin really hard too, defense was fun to watch yesterday

Cris Carter said that we have the best secondary in the NFL.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shanks2122 said:

Cris Carter said that we have the best secondary in the NFL.

He also said that we were gonna lose. But yeah I kinda have to agree with that...at first I would say the Colts but I think it's more a result of the cover-2 they play and Dungy being a great defensive coach as opposed to personnel. But yeah if we can get superior play like that from Bigby, just head-hunting and making receivers pay for going over the middle, along with the steady shutting down of 1's and 2's by Woody and Al, I believe we have the best secondary in the NFL.

Members online

Latest posts