POST-GAME THREAD: Packers beat Chiefs

Reaction score
7-1!

Jennings, Driver, and Jones... the trio is just awesome.

The D showed up when it needed to.

Nick Collins looked to get hurt though, hopefully his injury wasn't as serious as it looked.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
7-1!

Jennings, Driver, and Jones... the trio is just awesome.

The D showed up when it needed to.

Nick Collins looked to get hurt though, hopefully his injury wasn't as serious as it looked.

I hope Collins is ok.

Welcome back Koren! K-Rob had one nice KR. Favre hit him 3 times and Favre's first INT was a sloppy pass to him, so Favre definitely has faith in Robinson.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings first TD happened because of K-robs block downfield. Krob is back, and he looks to be so happy to be out there. GB just got more dangerous.l

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams also looked banged up. Need him to stuff AP next wek but for now I'm enjoying this one. Good thing we won or all the talk would of been the end of the first half. I still am flustered by that but it's over so who cares

tobeimmersedin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
these games sure are stressful

you said it! my kingdom for a blowout!?

weve had multiple drives with outstanding momentum that weve simply abandoned trying to establish a run game. cant we wait until we have somewhat of a cushion in score to work on that?

can we stop a tight end!?

i love the idea of having bigby in there, but he's slipped badly over the last two games. what happened to the occasional safety blitz!?

i love you kampman. i love you kgb. i love you whole d line.

much better hawk.

I LOVE YOU GREG JENNINGS. PRO BOWL! so soso happy with james jones dd and d lee!

indifferent about robinson.

woodson is playing HUGE late!

to think we're one referee away from being undefeated. but these games should NOT be so damn close!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

Awesome. Welcome to the site and all that jazz.

GB needs to stop getting over 100 penalty yards a game though. They did it AGAIN today.

Play smart, no turnovers, and blow some teams out! cmon!

bakler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigger victory?

What was a bigger victory today? the one over the chiefs or the one over the refs? personally to me it looks like every officiating crew is out to get the packers, mainly on defense.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

weve had multiple drives with outstanding momentum that weve simply abandoned trying to establish a run game. cant we wait until we have somewhat of a cushion in score to work on that?

can we stop a tight end!?

i love the idea of having bigby in there, but he's slipped badly over the last two games. what happened to the occasional safety blitz!?

i love you kampman. i love you kgb. i love you whole d line.

much better hawk.

I LOVE YOU GREG JENNINGS. PRO BOWL! so soso happy with james jones dd and d lee!

indifferent about robinson.

woodson is playing HUGE late!

to think we're one referee away from being undefeated. but these games should NOT be so damn close!

great post for number one.....with all that being said i hope philly gets a win tonight

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most people were saying we would lose at LEAST one of the two.....either at Denver, or KC.........i picked them both as wins for us! I KNOW i'm a "homer", but hey, it sure is a nice time to be a homer, hey??? :wink: :D

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigger victory?

lol in my opinion weve been geting bad calls all year, i dont know whats up but its getting rael old......wed be 8-0 if that ******* ref doesnt call that penalty against the bears

tobeimmersedin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you both so much for the welcome!

as far as refs are concerned, they set such a nice precedent in effing us over early in the season, the little stuff now doesnt even phase me. like, by week six, i was SERIOUSLY questioning the legitimacy of the nfl. sometimes i see flags scattered throughout the field before the ball is snapped on third down, like sunspots. i can HEAR the refs crumpling them in their fists.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome tobe!
I see we get alot of bad calls..........but i think we got lucky on the first FG drive, when they called that KC defender for a blow to the head of Favre. It looked like he was trying to just block the pass, and his arm was kind of pushed into Favre's helmet. It kept our drive alive.
Thats the way i saw it. I try to remain honest when i see bad calls either way.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Update on Collins:

- Couldn't bend his leg after the game and left on crutches. He will have a MRI tomorrow.

Update on Corey Williams:

- The trainers kept him out as caution, Williams says he could have gone back in the game if needed.

tobeimmersedin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks cheesey! yes youre right, weve had a few breaks the last few games, and ive got no complaints.

on a side note, was i the only one on the drive where tony g scores actually hoping they would hurry and get their points so we'd have a chance at the final drive for the game? there have been a few games where our opponents couldve chewed clock, made a few first downs and kicked a late fg....but they got greedy ;)

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update on Collins:

- Couldn't bend his leg after the game and left on crutches. He will have a MRI tomorrow.

- The trainers kept him out as caution, Williams says he could have gone back in the game if needed.

Sh*t....I hope Collins is ok, hes has been somewhat lackluster this year, but he has experience and had a nose for the ball today......

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks cheesey! yes youre right, weve had a few breaks the last few games, and ive got no complaints.

on a side note, was i the only one on the drive where tony g scores actually hoping they would hurry and get their points so we'd have a chance at the final drive for the game?

Actually, I hoped for that too.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update on Collins:

Thanks AADP.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense really started to cave in late (fatigue, maybe?) but they still came up with two stops at the end.

When I saw Favre throw that long pass off his back foot, I thought, "Oh no," thinking of the Washington game, but it was right on the money.

Favre and the receivers were great again. Hawk had his first big game of the year. And KGB helped close it out with two late sacks (okay, the last one was just window dressing, but he deserved it).

I love this team!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Window dressing or not, i like the fact that KGB didn't stop just beacause we had the game in hand!
And i think it may have been fatigue setting in too.......they had a short week, and were on the field pretty long.
Next week with Peterson, THAT will be a big test.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Status of Corey Williams and Nick Collins???

I was at a bar, thus didn't hear any reports during the game...anyone know what's up?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts