Post-Game Thread: Packers beat Broncos, 6-1!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Packer fan from Texas currently living in San Francisco

WOW im from green bay and it amazes me how many fans we have around the world, no other team has faithful like us, shame on ESPN for calling Dallas americas team

the pack is back in a real way

I love you otta state cheeseheads

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigby had a really bad game but the first in seven, now on the other hand nick collions had a really nice night, maybe hawk will show up next week with the rest of the defensive unit

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was cool to see Brett celebrating with Aaron Rodgers jumpin up and down on the sidelines with Clifton joining in... :pals: :idea:

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Yeah, what a crap game for Bigby. The hit out of bounds was an obvious personal foul, by the way. But I still like him. He's a fighter, and I think he will be okay.

What a game for Kampman, though--three sacks!

I have to disagree, Stokely stepped out of bounds a step before Bigby, so Bigby couldn't slow down, but even then he just bumped Stokely and Stokely went flying.

I don't mind that penalty because I'd rather Bigby keep running and have a chance to stop Stokely even if Stokely is tip-toeing the sideline instead of stopping and risk having Stokely stay inbounds and power into Bigby to get a couple/few more yards.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Greg C. said:
Yeah, what a crap game for Bigby. The hit out of bounds was an obvious personal foul, by the way. But I still like him. He's a fighter, and I think he will be okay.

I have to disagree, Stokely stepped out of bounds a step before Bigby, so Bigby couldn't slow down, but even then he just bumped Stokely and Stokely went flying.

I don't mind that penalty because I'd rather Bigby keep running and have a chance to stop Stokely even if Stokely is tip-toeing the sideline instead of stopping and risk having Stokely stay inbounds and power into Bigby to get a couple/few more yards.

I taped the game, and I'll watch it again this week. Maybe I'll change my mind then. But it sure looked like Bigby gave him a good pop. The officials almost always call a penalty on those plays.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:

I taped the game, and I'll watch it again this week. Maybe I'll change my mind then. But it sure looked like Bigby gave him a good pop. The officials almost always call a penalty on those plays.
I don't think it was a hard pop....Stokely did alot of "acting" on it. But he WAS out of bounds when he was hit. JMO

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Sanders needs to be slapped. What was he thinking on that series by Denver. You have two shut down corners, throw the blitz at Cutler and let him throw and interception. What was he thinking.

I'm not so sure about that. The Packers got killed a few times on blitzes earlier in the game, with those screens and swing passes.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I know we won, and the stats look OK, but the DUMB penalties are killing us. Maybe its just a bend, but not break type defense, but I am a little worried.

The Personal Foul for a late hit at the very start of the game on Bigby was questionable. Bigby plays like a mad man, and I'd rather he makes sure that Stokely is out of bounds rather than stopping and risking the chance of Stokely continuing.

The pass interference in the endzone was questionable, I thought the players slipped more than one player interfering the other by bringing them down.

The pass interference on TE Scheffler and kicking the ball were on Bigby though. Perhaps you could argue that Bigby was jamming Scheffler at the line of scrimmage and didn't get the greatest of jams on him, but kicking the ball is downright stupid.

Bigby's played in 7 games, and this was his first sub-par game, which we still won. Manuel's sub-par games usually led to a loss.

Well Put AADP I couldnt have said it better myself. The guy places with reckless abandonment and he had one sub-par game. I think Bigby has been the biggest surprise of the year and id rather have him make a couple of bad plays and several great ones, than having manuel getting torched like last year every game!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[
I don't think it was a hard pop....Stokely did alot of "acting" on it. But he WAS out of bounds when he was hit. JMO

I don't think Bigby could have avoided him, but he did lower his shoulder. Stokely definitely acted a lot in this game. Every time Cutler overthrew him, Stokely hit the deck and cried for a flag.

I think when Bigby kicked the ball, he was not thinking clearly. He obviously wouldn't just kick the ball because he was frustrated. He was just amped because Collins almost had an INT.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one thing i am wondering about the kicking the ball, do they use the 1 ball the whole game? it was my understanding that there are many balls used. If that is the case, surely they do not have to chase after the kicked ball and can simply throw another one in?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that and i liked it. reminds me of lombardi, mcarthy doesnt stand for that bs, even though i thought a couple of the calls on bigby were a little dramatic, hes a physical guy and he makes a hellova lot more plays than what he showed tonight

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
one thing i am wondering about the kicking the ball, do they use the 1 ball the whole game? it was my understanding that there are many balls used. If that is the case, surely they do not have to chase after the kicked ball and can simply throw another one in?
I think it's an attitude thing. Cause yes, they have MANY footballs for the game. I think it's kind of dumb, but it's the rule.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh.....and i have a question..........did anyone notice that one Bronco player that took his helmet off and was screaming after he made a play? I think Favre was yelling for a flag. I know it's against the rules to take your helmet off when you are on the field. Was it pulled off by someone else or something, and i missed it? Cause the ref was right there.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ref went up to him and talked to him after he tore his helmet off. What the hell is that? Did any ref go up to Bigby and tell him not to kick the ball again or it would be a penalty?

I just can't figure that B.S. out. I'm glad we won so I have plenty to distract me from the continued crap refs are pulling this year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ref went up to him and talked to him after he tore his helmet off. What the hell is that? Did any ref go up to Bigby and tell him not to kick the ball again or it would be a penalty?

I just can't figure that B.S. out. I'm glad we won so I have plenty to distract me from the continued crap refs are pulling this year.
So i WASN"T hallucinating!!! I THOUGHT that was what i saw! That should have been a 15 yarder!

HoustonBronco~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:

So i WASN"T hallucinating!!! I THOUGHT that was what i saw! That should have been a 15 yarder!

Nate Webster, and yes, it probably should have been a penalty. The only possible defense is that maybe his helmet was coming off after a hit, but I'd have to see the replay to determine that. It sure looked like a penalty from tv.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another win, once again The Packers prove that this is A TEAM GAME!!!
When one part is not having their best game another part picks up the slack.

Brett did say in his interview that there has been many times this year that he has gone to Woodson or Hawk or Harris and asked them to have the defense make a play because the offense wasn't having a good day.

Team game!!! Bigby had an off day, the O-line while making some nice holes to run through, was bitten by the old penalty bug, but hey at the end of the day the scoreboard read Packers 19- Broncos 13.

Time to look ahead to KC and start preparing for LJ and friends.

6-1 best record in the NFC, let there be a lot of doubters out there, The longer The Packers fly under the radar the better.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh.....and i have a question..........did anyone notice that one Bronco player that took his helmet off and was screaming after he made a play? I think Favre was yelling for a flag. I know it's against the rules to take your helmet off when you are on the field. Was it pulled off by someone else or something, and i missed it? Cause the ref was right there.

YES!! I saw that and was screaming the same to Heather.

Just know you're not alone Cheesey :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

YES!! I saw that and was screaming the same to Heather.

Just know you're not alone Cheesey :)
THANK YOU EDDER!
I just don't understand the refs this year. It seems there are more missed calls and more iffy calls then usual.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:

I think they chalk it up to a poor sportsmanship rule. Not that I don't like my players mean, but I do think that sportsmanship rules need to be part of the game.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:

That should have definately been a 15 yarder. Who remembers that play 3 or 4 years ago when Dwayne Turd, I mean Rudd, ripped his helmet off at the end of the game. I cannot recall who the Browns were playing that day, but the other team got 15 yards and the opportunity to run another play. Which they did and kicked the winning field goal.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that game. Has the rule changed? I never heard about it changing. The damn announcers wouldn't even mention it.

Members online

Latest posts