Post FA Mock

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my last. Maybe. Probably not.

Anyways, it's good.

1: TJ Hockenson. The studmeistee himself, making #38 look gooood. LaFleur likes TE's and loves versatility. Hock is a premier blocker, a very good pass catcher, and a very good athlete, borderline elite for a TE. I know the positional value for TE isn't great, and I would never pick this way if MM was still coaching, but Hock is really, really good. He's starting year 1. You can run anything with him. Can bust the seam and stretch horizontally. Whether we trade back or what, get Hock. Other options: Dillard, Devin Bush, Ed Oliver, Brian Burns.

1B: Parris Campbell. Yup! I'm doin it! Again, with MM I would never, but LaFleur actually knows how to use people. As of now, Campbell is not a vertical threat despite his speed. Maybe he could be one day, but he has never been used that way. He does bubble screens, jet sweeps, etc. Like I said with Hock, stretches the field horizontally. If the other team has slow LB's, it's game over. Hock and Campbell force teams to pick their poison, and force teams to cover every foot of the field. Wow, I'm tired of writing already.

2: Chris Lindstrom/Dalton Risner. Risner is first choice, but whoever is there tbh.

3: Amani Hooker/Juan Thornhill/Darnell Savage.

4: Joe Jackson Edge
4: Max Scharping OT
5: Foster Moreau TE
6: Armon Watts iDL
6: Travis Homer RB
7: Kyle Phillips Edge

GUARANTEED CHAMPIONSHIP

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyways, it's good.

1: TJ Hockenson. The studmeistee himself, making #38 look gooood. LaFleur likes TE's and loves versatility. Hock is a premier blocker, a very good pass catcher, and a very good athlete, borderline elite for a TE. I know the positional value for TE isn't great, and I would never pick this way if MM was still coaching, but Hock is really, really good. He's starting year 1. You can run anything with him. Can bust the seam and stretch horizontally. Whether we trade back or what, get Hock. Other options: Dillard, Devin Bush, Ed Oliver, Brian Burns.

1B: Parris Campbell. Yup! I'm doin it! Again, with MM I would never, but LaFleur actually knows how to use people. As of now, Campbell is not a vertical threat despite his speed. Maybe he could be one day, but he has never been used that way. He does bubble screens, jet sweeps, etc. Like I said with Hock, stretches the field horizontally. If the other team has slow LB's, it's game over. Hock and Campbell force teams to pick their poison, and force teams to cover every foot of the field. Wow, I'm tired of writing already.

2: Chris Lindstrom/Dalton Risner. Risner is first choice, but whoever is there tbh.

GUARANTEED CHAMPIONSHIP
Get me a CB in R5 and we can shake on it

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hock could be the pick. I think this is the year to get a franchise OT though. Hopefully we are not drafting this high anytime soon.

Although I like Parris, I'm not sure he goes this high. Good hands and route running are still important even if you are exciting with the ball. I do hope we get him, we haven't had an exciting X-Factor guy here in . . . Ever?

Nice draft, wish we added some DE talent though.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way do I want Hockenson at 12... he simply doesn't belong that high up.

Wouldn't want him at 30 either.

At 12 - White, Burns, or 1 of the OT's.

At 30 - Campbell, Ferguson, Risner, M. Brown

We should be able to hit on some very good players at 12, 30, and 44.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Anyways, it's good.

GUARANTEED CHAMPIONSHIP

That's pretty darn good except if Packers go TE at 12 I would prefer Fant as a true "Seam Stretcher". Fant's speed projects better to the NFL game.

They really need to scoop up Campbell at 30 and if he isn't there grab Samuel.

I think Lindstrom is gonna be a beast and a Pro Bowl caliber guard. The guy is smart and a complete technician that has power and can get to second level.

At RB i like Justice Hill. I belive Packers will draft one before you have them taking Homer.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No way do I want Hockenson at 12... he simply doesn't belong that high up.

Wouldn't want him at 30 either.

At 12 - White, Burns, or 1 of the OT's.

At 30 - Campbell, Ferguson, Risner, M. Brown

We should be able to hit on some very good players at 12, 30, and 44.

Your 100% right about Hockenson.

I believe if White is there he could be the pick. However i really like Germaine Pratt on day 2 at LB. He is a converted safety that can do a lot. He has some natural instincts that you can't teach.

I really like Ferguson too. But with two edge rushers gobbled up in free anency not sure he will be a pick there.

My sleeper pick would be Wilkins or Oliver at 12.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your 100% right about Hockenson.

I believe if White is there he could be the pick. However i really like Germaine Pratt on day 2 at LB. He is a converted safety that can do a lot. He has some natural instincts that you can't teach.

I really like Ferguson too. But with two edge rushers gobbled up in free anency not sure he will be a pick there.

My sleeper pick would be Wilkins or Oliver at 12.

ZSmith will be rushing from DT as much as from the outside, and PSmith has the movement skills to stand up on either side...

That being the case, Ferguson could certainly find a roll in the rotation.

Adding the Smiths simply brought our pass rush up to good/okay... we still need more studs to become dominant.

As for the 12th pick... I'd have Oliver in that mix too. White needs some coaching, but his raw ability is lights out.

I think Campbell will go in the 1st round... he ran a very limited route tree st OSU, but he is lightning fast, and very quick in and out of his breaks. He needs coaching too, but like White, he could be special.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Always funny to me that people will simultaneously discount Hock on positional value and then call for an off ball linebacker in the same breath.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Always funny to me that people will simultaneously discount Hock on positional value and then call for an off ball linebacker in the same breath.

Because White is an elite talent.

Hocknson isn't. Get over it.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Guys like Hockenson are easier to find. Guys like White?? Not so much.

Supply and demand.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
ZSmith will be rushing from DT as much as from the outside, and PSmith has the movement skills to stand up on either side...

That being the case, Ferguson could certainly find a roll in the rotation.

Adding the Smiths simply brought our pass rush up to good/okay... we still need more studs to become dominant.

As for the 12th pick... I'd have Oliver in that mix too. White needs some coaching, but his raw ability is lights out.

I think Campbell will go in the 1st round... he ran a very limited route tree st OSU, but he is lightning fast, and very quick in and out of his breaks. He needs coaching too, but like White, he could be special.

I think Campbell goes 1st round too.

Ferguson is one of my fav players in draft. If Packers picked him I wouldn't complain at all. As long as they still get a premiere weapon on offense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Guys like Hockenson are easier to find. Guys like White?? Not so much.

Supply and demand.

Disagree. There were three linebacker prospects better than White just last year. Tight ends of Hockenson's quality and versatility are few and far between.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree. There were three linebacker prospects better than White just last year. Tight ends of Hockenson's quality and versatility are few and far between.

Who?? Smith to the Bears, but he was a stud too...

White ran a 4.41, and it does translate to the field.

Hock is a decent player, but certainly not a difference maker. That's the difference.

It's not like he's Vernon Davis, or Gronk coming out

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Hock is a decent player, but certainly not a difference maker. That's the difference.

Edmunds and Vander-Esch were both better prospects. They had the elite athleticism plus the instincts and didn't have the propensity to play out of control.

Hockenson wins short, intermediate, and deep. He separates. He gains YAC. He wins at the catch point. And he's the best blocker I've personally ever watched at the college level at TE. Having all of that in one package certainly makes a difference.

I'm not here to disparage White. He's good. But Hockenson is a blue chip prospect through and through. If you're putting positional value to the side, he's a top five player in this class. In the last 10 years there have been two prospects to compare with him-- Gronk and Howard. And that's really about it.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hock is much better than you think he is. He doesn't have any weaknesses at all. I cannot say the same for Devin White.

And personally, I think Devin Bush is better than Devin White, while being a better athlete.

Eduardo Valadares

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definitely go for one of those Iowa TE with that first pick. Although I believe that might be at least one available with the late first round pick. Packers just re-signed Marcedes for one year, and that got me scared. Could that be a sign that we're not drafting a tight end?
But, if by any chance, Bosa, Gary or Oliver are still available with the 12th pick, I would go for it.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definitely go for one of those Iowa TE with that first pick. Although I believe that might be at least one available with the late first round pick. Packers just re-signed Marcedes for one year, and that got me scared. Could that be a sign that we're not drafting a tight end?
But, if by any chance, Bosa, Gary or Oliver are still available with the 12th pick, I would go for it.

Because of the cap room we'll most likely have in 2020, and his contract, Graham will get cut next year. Marcedes is on a one year contract. Tonyan is a very big project.

TE is a very big need, and I am positive GB thinks so as well. I would not be surprised to come away with two TE's in the draft tbh. None of the TE's we have on our roster will impact what/when we draft.

H

HardRightEdge

If I were a betting man I'd say OT and DT in the first round, not necessarily in that order.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every analyst has Hock as the best TE, and safest pick in this years draft, would be foolish to not take him at 12 if he is there.

Members online

Latest posts