Possible trade?

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
With Carolina trading their second round pick during last years draft, they have said they would like to trade into the late first round or early second round. Would anybody else like for us to try to trade our pick for Steve Smith, since he is asking for a trade? (This scenario only works if trading players is opened back up) I always like to think of trade scenarios before the draft!

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he is a prima donna that has to be #1 on his team, we already have Jennings as #1 WR, and even if a team wants him Carolina will not get a first rounder for him.

This could be a real lost opportunity for the Packers. Having Jones and Smith on the same team would really help out Jones.

Smith could show Jones how to act like a real #1 prima dona. :preach:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I wouldn't hate it if he can be good.

But I'd probably rather just take Hankerson or Titus Young in the draft.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, looking at his profile at nfl.com, I see that the last time he had a 1000 yards season was in 08. He had double digit TDs only once (2005). He's 31. He would cost a lot.

So, with all that, I say:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_5QdHp04E]YouTube - AWW HELL[/ame]

OP
OP
CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan

Reaction score
Yea i agree with you guys.. just throwing out some possibilities. Which WR would you guys want us to pick up in the draft excluding Green and Jones

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea i agree with you guys.. just throwing out some possibilities. Which WR would you guys want us to pick up in the draft excluding Green and Jones
I wouldn't mind almost any WR in the second round, be it the late 2nd, or trading down our 1st.

I really like this class for the #2 WR in the team. Be he a tall guy (Baldwin, Hankerson, Little) or a more agile guy (Young, Cobb, Jernigan, Torrey Smith).

I'm not particularly sold on any specific name, but the guys I liked the most seeing are Titus Young and Randall Cobb.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Carolina should pick up a tight end, since you will probably have cam newton, I dont think you will be throwing downfield very much, and a TE is a QB's best friend. Not to mention a good strong TE helps your already stellar run game as well. Wait till next year, or use free agency to acquire WR talent.

OP
OP
CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan

Reaction score
I think alot of these scouts on ESPN forget that we have Jermichael coming back. Granted we do need a WR but his presence alone will fill alot of our receiving needs.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
wr wise we are more in the business for a kick returner kind of guy or someone young. steve smith might workout at someplace like the vikings.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina should pick up a tight end, since you will probably have cam newton, I dont think you will be throwing downfield very much, and a TE is a QB's best friend. Not to mention a good strong TE helps your already stellar run game as well. Wait till next year, or use free agency to acquire WR talent.
I don't agree.

I think, with Newton's arm and their running game, they'll throw much more downfield than short, quick passes.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
why does newton need to run when he has two stellar backs and a third good running back? jimmy clausen should get another year and if they fail they get to draft andrew luck.

Latest posts