1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Possible agreement reached by 3/11?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Scout200, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The NFL Players Association is going to try to reach an agreement by Friday, 3/11/11. Do you think that this is even attainable or will there be a possible lockout?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think they will extend it and have it done sometime in March. But you never know.

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I don't sense a deal for awhile but hope I'm wrong.
    I think the NFL will give up the 18-game schedule and then get more from the players that way with that concession.
    I just want ticket prices and jersey prices to come down. So cut all players salaries in half, and cut the licensing fees in half, thus the ticket and jersey prices in half.

4. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    LOL! Nice suggestion!! Yeah, I doubt that an agreement will be reached by tomorrow as well but it appears that they came to an agreement yesterday regarding the rookie wage scale.

5. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    i have an itchy trigger finger to book next years trip to greenbay, hope a miracle happens and everything gets settled SOON!

This past season's trip (my first one out there) for vikings game 1 was the best weekend of my life!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I hope the parties get their act together and make a deal this week. Squabbling over 9 billion dollars, man.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Call me an eternal optimist but I think a resolution will be reached in the near future. Maybe Friday is a bit too optimistic to iron everything out, but I think with another extension, a resolution will be reached. The owners probably don't desire a lockout any more than the players do, a lockout benefits no one. The owners are in essence, businessmen and in the end, I strongly think they will do what's best for themselves and the players and resolve this matter before it results in a loss of revenue.

8. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I agree with Kitten. Right now it's seems to be a battle of wills but something has got to give. A lock-out would be a lose - lose situation. With that much $, there should be room for some compromises.

9. Tecmo

Tecmo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Please God.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree completely!