Possible Addition to the Packers

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Seattle Seahawks released 14-year veteran Tom Rouen on Monday. When asked if the Packers had interest, Packers General Manager Ted Thompson was coy."

Could upgrade the punt game if neither Ryan nor Sander can get it together. He's a 14 year vet so his experience is a plus. Pretty consistent punter. I think alot of our games will hinge on ST play

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My god this would be a gift from the gods. We need a punter so badly. Part of football is field position and since we lost Bidwell and heck even Lendeda, we've been horrible punting the ball.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's out there now TT just needs to pursue him. It would give us consistency in the punting game if nothing alse

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this guy got released last week right?

im surprised there hasn't been an update on who exactly has shown some interest. usually those tricky agents put something out there...

Reaction score
tromadz said:
AADP is going nuts, he SO wants to lock this.

lol, not to mention the fact that he SOOOOOO WANTS to have Trom and TBH banned! :p:p:p

I honestly think a large part of winning the punting job will depend on who is the more capable holder for Cundiff.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many have tried, all have failed!

I have survived worst posters than yoU! ROAR!QER$!W!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With signing starting to happen with the draftees, I imagine everyone will wait a bit to see what they can offer for a punter. Punters seem to be the lesser expense player and we have the cap. The Ryan kid seems to be a boomer with the ball, maybe not the accuracy of Sander, but I'd take a monster punt into the endzone for the touchback then to see a well aimed 9 yarder with return possibilities!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
tromadz said:

lol, not to mention the fact that he SOOOOOO WANTS to have Trom and TBH banned! :p:p:p

I honestly think a large part of winning the punting job will depend on who is the more capable holder for Cundiff.

No need of holding problems since I'm sure Cundiff isn't as picky and won't blame his missed kicks, on his holder.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
all about da packers said:
tromadz said:

No need of holding problems since I'm sure Cundiff isn't as picky and won't blame his missed kicks, on his holder.

Cudiff has actually been quoted as to saying the hold as long as its not completely botched (laces on paint lol) that it is his job to put the ball through the uprights. He basically took a jab at Ryan Longwell's complaining and it was very obvious. Or atleast I took it as such.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
The Ryan kid seems to be a boomer with the ball, maybe not the accuracy of Sander, but I'd take a monster punt into the endzone for the touchback then to see a well aimed 9 yarder with return possibilities!

LoL the truth is that well aimed 9 yarder by Sanders is not well aimed. He has almost no accuracy because he shanks about everything.The only reason he is on our team is because we have yet to get over the fact that we wasted, well Soon to be entered in the Head Coach Hall Of Fame, The Shermanator wasted a 3rd round pick on a kid who cant punt.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I say soon TT will show him how to kick.... Ya His *** Right Out The Door

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it will happen unless both punters bomb in training camp.

TT is on a youth movement, and won't change course unless neither punter is NFL capable. You also have to wonder why a playoff contender like the Seahawks would give up on a veteran punter.

Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
LoL the truth is that well aimed 9 yarder by Sanders is not well aimed. He has almost no accuracy because he shanks about everything.The only reason he is on our team is because we have yet to get over the fact that we wasted, well Soon to be entered in the Head Coach Hall Of Fame, The Shermanator wasted a 3rd round pick on a kid who cant punt.

First of all, Mike Sherman did more for the Packers than you ever will. So show some damn respect to a man that gave all his time and effort into trying to get the Packers to a championship.

Secondly, I have it from a source that Sanders struggle last year was mainly due to playing too much, and having less than adequate machines that allowed him to gain back some of the muscle mass he lost in his leg. Furthermore, I was told Sanders problem is specifically trying to do too much while punting. Sanders tries to put spin on the ball, have it go really high, have it go really far, and to have it go in a very specific direction. I'm told that he simply can't do all that he wants to do while punting, and still hasn't learned how to concentrate on the fundementals of kicking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts