1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Positive Woodson Article? What thuh hell?!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ~TheJoker~, Aug 18, 2006.

1. ~TheJoker~

~TheJoker~ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "So that's the thing people look at: 'He's not on the field so he must not be as good as he was.' But that's not what it was it was about. If you look at the first six games before the injury I led the team in tackles for some games; I played safety; I played corner; I did everything the coach asked me to do."

I can't tell y'all enough...he and Harris will be something to see this year. It'd be even better if a watchdog safety backed them up, but that's too much to ask I suppose.

Mash Here

2. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    His name is Nick Collins, Joker, are you just a Woodson fan?

3. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    im excited about this Dback situation.... losing underwood sucks for depth. but i like the starters and culver is gonna get a chance and has to step it up.

if we get ANY pressure on the offense at all, i look for a lot more turnovers this year, or at least alot of three and outs.

the thing is it all relys on pressure. no man can guard an nfl wide reciever if he has all day to find a spot because we cant pressure the qb. but im confident in woodson/collins/manuel/harris. that at least great on paper.

4. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I see the Collins, Manuel, Harris, Woodson group being very solid.

Much more comfortable with this group than years past. Enought talent there to let Sanders call on the LB's to bring pressure on the qb.

5. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Agree, this secondary is much improved. Although I won't rely Woodson because he is so injury prone. Even without Woodson however, Carroll should be slightly improved and Manual is an upgrade.

6. ~TheJoker~

~TheJoker~ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. Thought that was a given.

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TheJoker, so far so good with Woodson. He's definately impressed me at practices so far. Can't really judge the guy until week 1 but so far Woodson is one of the "bright spots" on this team. I'd like too see him make a play in preseason though.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    With how frail he seems to be. I'd rather see him on the bench during the pre season lol