1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

porky88

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Packerforum name: porky88
    Real name (first only): Matt
    Current City: Green Bay, WI
    Hometown: Green Bay, WI

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I chose Porky88 because 88 was my football number and Porky is just a nickname that has stuck with me for as long as I can remember.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Grew up in Northeast Wisconsin and so did just about every member of my family or at least the ones I see and talk too. My Dad's side of the family is really serious. A little to much IMO. My mom's side is crazy though. Kind of the total opposites. If you haven't been to Wisconsin and you're a Packer Fan you should make the trip then. It's Green Bay Packers 24/7 in this area. Brewers could be going to the World Series and that week 5 or whatever it would be game for the Packers would be on everyone's mind as much if not more than the Brewers.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I played receiver and ran track. I was pretty good at both. I loved football and only did track to prepare for football but I'll admit I was probably a better track athlete than I was football player. Junior year I had a stomach problem and I had to quit both though which really hurt.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Probably just being able to do whatever the hell I wanted.

5) What was your first job?

Landscaping

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

I guess living in Green Bay and loving football. I started following the Packers when I was like 4 or 5. I can remember pretty far back. Football was my first sport and the Packers were around so it just kind of fit.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

Obviously Super Bowl XXXI and Favre vs. the Raiders are probably the top two but personally the game I went to was the 1996 vs. Denver Broncos in Green Bay. Probably the two best teams in football. John Elway didn't play but even if he did, no way were the Pack losing that day. Favre lit them up and the Packers crushed them like 41-6 or something like that. For me that memory is right up there with the Super Bowl.

8 ) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

I was doing a mock draft and I wanted to see what fans were thinking about what their team's needs were. I'm a Packer fan and I had my own opinions on the Packers but I was curious to what others were thinking too. I typed packer forum and there it was.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

I follow college football really close. I watch a lot of games and in a lot ways I look forward to Saturday's more than Sunday's.

Wisconsin Basketball and Milwaukee Brewers are also interest me. I really don't care much for the Bucks. I kind of like them but in the end they're disappointing in so many ways I can't stand it. I've always liked the L.A. Lakers. Even when they were stinking it up for a while.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Video Games are something I enjoy. In the Winter especially I watch a lot of TV and Movies. 24 is my favorite show.

During the Summer I'm out. I like the hot weather and we don't get much in Wisconsin so you have to take advantage of it while you still can.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

That's tough. I guess going back in time and being there when they signed Reggie White. That was probably pretty cool. That or being apart of a Super Bowl. Even being just a special teams player. Just think of the adrenaline rush they must get when the flashing lights go off on the opening kick off. That would cool.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Packers Family Night a few years ago

Pre Season Game vs. Tennessee Titans

Regular Season Game vs. Denver Broncos

13) What is your worst fear?

I don't know. Dying. Laughing

I never liked Tornadoes much.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

TV, Video Games, Working out (I try too), FOOTBALL, just anything that might be or look fun to do.

15) What’s your favorite food?

French Fries and Steak.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I haven't traveled at all. I'd like to go to Europe one day and specifically Rome. I want to see all all the good stuff over there. Seeing the Pryamids would be cool too. Oh and I wouldn't mine going to New York. Haven't traveled much yet but I plan on doing so in the future. Just need to save money.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Travel to Europe. Smile

Going to a Super Bowl. I wouldn't care if it's the Packers or not. I'd prefer the Packers but just to go to the game would be a memory that I would want to have.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Somewhere warm. I hate the cold. Probably the West Coast.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

1. Brett Favre - That's an easy one for me. Favre when in his prime was as good as it gets. This year alone was a lot of fun. Every time Favre went out there you were entertained. I remember the Kingdom shuffle pass and I was like wow. The NFC title Game vs. Carolina and the Super Bowl are great moments in team history and in a lot ways Favre made it possible for them.

2. Reggie White - Best Defensive Player of All Time. I think that if you want to build a team then start it with Reggie White. A versatile DE who could do anything. He could play DT or DE. He could play in any scheme. His 3 sacks in the Super Bowl were sweet.

3. Mike Holmgrem - He won the only Super Bowl I saw. He has to be on the list. Holmgrem might be the most underrated coach in the history of the NFL. He never gets the credit he should get. This is a guy who has been to 4 NFC Title Games, 3 Super Bowls and won one. Not to mention he coached in quite a few Super Bowls as an assistant for the 49ers.

4. Donald Driver - Maybe it's because he's still playing but I really do like Donald Driver. I think he's a #1 receiver on a lot of teams. I think he's consistent and he seems like a good guy too. Driver shows up and plays no matter what. I've never seen a receiver fight for yardage like he does.

5. Leroy Butler - Butler was the last great Packers safety in my opinion. Sharper may of picked the ball off but Butler would do almost anything. He blitzed, he'd take away the TE, he'd run one in for a TD and he'd pick the ball off. He did drop a lot of INT's and that might be why he doesn't get into the Hall of Fame. None the less he's Hall of Fame in my book.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

When people are banned and they come back as other users.

We also have a lot of characters on this forum.

Who would you like to nominate to be interviewed next?

How about AADP

2. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks porky. Great read.

3. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    good stuff man yah Rome is well worth checking out, you gotta go :)

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Once again, another good read!
    Thanks Porky! :D

5. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a fear of laughing as well :(

Another interesting interview!

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There is supossed to be a :lol: there.

7. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Cool read.. by the sounds of it.. a youngster. I worked in Green Bay when Reggie signed.. at the time we tried to get him to do a series of ads with Gandrud.. didn't work but the buzz in Green Bay was cool.

8. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Video Games... woohoo haha I'm playing Madden as we speak.. A-Rod isnt have the best day

Good read

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I lived just outside of Green Bay when it happen. Like 20 miles so in the area. The signing actually made Green Bay somewhat noticeable.

If I could go back and trade places with Ron Wolf or just a regular guy in the organization I would. I can only imagine what it was like behind close doors and the excitement that it must've been.

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Laughing?
    Actually, this was a genuine fear of a kid down the street. Good kid, but one day, my friend Mike made him laugh so hard that he peed in his pants. So of course, being kids, we tried to repeat the event on many occasions. He'd always say "don't make me laugh!"

Did you ever find out what caused that stomach problem?

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Was suppose to be a lol smiley there. Not sure why it says laughing.

I was told several reasons. I was drinking some weight gain milkshake type of thing at the time. That plus maybe an injury could of screwed something up. I would literally start to puke up bile after a while. I'd do warm ups for football or ran just 100 meters and it make me throw up. At first I figured it was just nerves but that never happened before but then it continue even if I did something simple.

12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Another good read. This idea was good.

13. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent porky!

I always enjoy reading your posts. Your views are always well thought out, and objective.

Good to know a little more about you.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (Brown nose)

J/K!!! :lol:

15. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Porky,

You sound like a genuinely nice guy.

Landscaping is a good first job. Wish I would have done that.

I too enjoy your objective posts.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Where's the next "victim???"
    I want to read about ALLABOUT!!! :D
    Come on man....get with the program!!!! :lol:

17. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22

Maybe the rat thread chased him off... :lol:

18. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, been real busy lately but am managing to get the questions done as soon as I can, probably by Monday since I have about 5 more left to answer.

I must confess, I was real tempted to be less serious than the interviews so far, but didn't want to ruin this good idea so early. So I tried mixing things up, being honest with adding humor.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Nothing wrong with that my friend!
    (It always seems to work for me! :wink: )

20. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but I tried to do it with my pants on. :lol:

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    People ALWAYS laugh when i have my pants off!!!
    (ESPECIALLY the women!) :lol: