Poppinga Remains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
clearly desperation?

Clearly we have Ben Taylor as well, but clearly they like Poppinga, if you would read that JSOnline article, you would know what I am talking about.

clearly

Hey, who ... umm ... who was it that brought Ben Taylor in??

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
and its said Green Bay Packers have the best fans ... they never read this board before making that statement.

I'm not a Packers fan, now can we get quit using the washed up saying 500 times over and over again

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
clearly desperation?

Clearly we have Ben Taylor as well, but clearly they like Poppinga

clearly

Yeah, thats what scares me. Guess you must have not seen him play

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
clearly ive seen him play very well, except some lapses in pass defense. clearly.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
and its said Green Bay Packers have the best fans ... they never read this board before making that statement.

I'm not a Packers fan, now can we get quit using the washed up saying 500 times over and over again

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've witnessed school children formulate better arguments than this.

If all Pop has to work on is his pass coverage, then I say keep him in and work on it. I'd give him a few more games.

I also recall that it's been mentioned in previous threads that a few of the 'blown coverages' were zone and manuel didn't offer the required deep help. I think Manuel is the problem with our secondary, not Poppinga.

I would like to see Poppinga challenge receivers at the line and interfere with their routes within the first five yards more. Maybe he doesn't have the speed to recover, but that's not what I've seen. I think he's fast he just doesn't get between his target and the Q.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Which one of you guys is the first to use that as your signature?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cory said:
Right now I'm for yanking Manuel and Poppinga. More so Manuel in favor of Culver. Rookie mistakes ya say? Yeah Manuel is making his share of rookie mistakes and he isn't a rookie. At least Culver has the speed to recover whereas Manuel doesn't. I see why they use the nickle packages soooooo much in GB now.

In the preseason I said that Culver will start ahead of Manuel by week six. Hopefully it is sooner, but I doubt it. TT put alot of money into the Manuel signing. The rest of the league questioned it and I think TT wants to prove he's right, because what I've seen the first 3 weeks Manuel doesn't belong in the NFL.

I think Manuel is smart enough to be in the NFL and isn't the only problem in the secondary, but if we are going to continue to have these problems we need people with more speed back there and he simply doesn't have it. I still think he'd be fine in the dime package and on ST. Obviously we are paying way too much money for simply a "ST and dime package" player.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
DePack said:
Cory said:
Right now I'm for yanking Manuel and Poppinga. More so Manuel in favor of Culver. Rookie mistakes ya say? Yeah Manuel is making his share of rookie mistakes and he isn't a rookie. At least Culver has the speed to recover whereas Manuel doesn't. I see why they use the nickle packages soooooo much in GB now.

In the preseason I said that Culver will start ahead of Manuel by week six. Hopefully it is sooner, but I doubt it. TT put alot of money into the Manuel signing. The rest of the league questioned it and I think TT wants to prove he's right, because what I've seen the first 3 weeks Manuel doesn't belong in the NFL.

I think Manuel is smart enough to be in the NFL and isn't the only problem in the secondary, but if we are going to continue to have these problems we need people with more speed back there and he simply doesn't have it. I still think he'd be fine in the dime package and on ST. Obviously we are paying way too much money for simply a "ST and dime package" player.

Do you think we should start Culver then? Manuel has been a disappointment so far, but I think we should give it a few more games.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it doesn't improve at all by the bye week then I say start Culver by game 6.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
If it doesn't improve at all by the bye week then I say start Culver by game 6.

Agreed, but why stop there? I say put the one trick pony, take the long way to the quarterback, defensive end on the bench too. Aaron is the one getting the double teams now!

If Clifton keeps struggling, he can join them both. High price talent needs to get it done, and if not, they need to hit the bricks. After all, it is the Not For Long league isn't it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Which one of you guys is the first to use that as your signature?

Won't be me. I don't put lacklusterpylesofshitphuck stuff in my sig box! That space comes at a premium! lol

Reference to the purpose of this thread though.

I think we should start Ben Taylor for a few games. Compare heavily the play of Poppinga and Taylor in the games in which they started. Vs the run, pass and special teams. Then make the decision who starts for the rest of the season. Now honestly this should have been resolved during the Pre Season, in my opinion that is.

But, you learn who the real men are when they are up against best out there. Right now we are playing better quality of players then we did in the pre season.

Give Ben a few games, then decide. Just my take.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I see nothing has changed around here. Flame away!!! :roll:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Zero2Cool said:

I see nothing has changed around here. Flame away!!! :roll:

Nope still the same ol' childish reactions when you disagree with someone Anubis. Romper Room at it's finest.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Nope still the same ol' childish reactions when you disagree with someone Anubis. Romper Room at it's finest.

Pyle,

Do you know of any other Packer forums that aren't overrun with the same infantile behaviour that seems to work its way into every thread on this one??? Even better would be one that utilizes software that has an Ignore feature. This one simply isn't enjoyable anymore.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Anubis said:
pyledriver80 said:

Pyle,

Do you know of any other Packer forums that aren't overrun with the same infantile behaviour that seems to work its way into every thread on this one??? Even better would be one that utilizes software that has an Ignore feature. This one simply isn't enjoyable anymore.

Take him with you, PLEASE!! I'll give you guys the link to the place that will accomodate you perfectly! Just PM me and its yours!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Take him with you, PLEASE!! I'll give you guys the link to the place that will accomodate you perfectly! Just PM me and its yours!

You're not the solution, pal. You're part of the problem.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, you can look at this thread as a perfect example. Zero, like Trom, can't deal with it when someone disagrees. It gets so tiresome

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I agree, you can look at this thread as a perfect example. Zero, like Trom, can't deal with it when someone disagrees. It gets so tiresome

Most of these guys wouldn't make a grade-school debating team, never mind trying to debate on here against adults. Don't worry though... I can guarantee that they'll always challenge your "fandom" once they realize they have completely lost the arguement. :roll:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
pyledriver80 said:

Most of these guys wouldn't make a grade-school debating team, never mind trying to debate on here against adults. Don't worry though... I can guarantee that they'll always challenge your "fandom" once they realize they have completely lost the arguement. :roll:

And thats EXACTLY what they do!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
contributions? you two have been off topic the last 9 posts you've made. lol.

remember, this is about Poppinga? wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts